• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Striker

I don't know. He kinda fell off this season. Every since the Buckeyes beasted him in the bowl game he hasn't been quite the same.
He reminds me of a Chris Canty type, not so much of a Calais Campbell. Not so much a bad thing, Canty was still very good. I think going to the Ravens or 49ers might do him good, at least more than a 43 front.

Shame about Chyna. :/

It's a new day and the Browns actually did something to not embarrass themselves for a change. Feels good.

Also, why you guys still doing the Mock Draft? You obviously need to start over with the Eagles Browns trade. :p

Fuck you and your teams FO for taking advantage of poor little Howie.
My feelings this morning about this

Pretend that Nelson's mom is BG or something

I'm gonna set it up now

NEOGAF 2016 DRAFT PREDICTION GAME!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/1107

Our annual prediction game!

Password is: Tacobell

*Note Shirtless Members must participate, since we will determine our draft order by score in the draft! I will PM every one of you tomorrow morning!
You're not the boss of me. I do what I want.

I'll try and make mine tonight. I'll just bribe you with shirtless picks for your answers.

It's a new day and the Browns actually did something to not embarrass themselves for a change. Feels good.
It's weird Lee.. Really weird.

I can't wait to see how the Browns blow this.

Like when they did full analytics on which quarterback to draft, landing on Teddy Bridgewater, only to pick Manziel after advice from a hobo.
Admit that Haslem was a Trojan horse.. Admit it!!

Well.. If we do.
Well on the more likely than not chance we do.
It will be a trainwreck the likes which no team can match.

And again why Fuck Ray Farmer for being a pussy at the worst moment and not drafting who he wanted to.

effzee

I just don't understand what the Eagles are doing. Why not just draft Connor Cook in the second or third round? I haven't seen anything from Goff and certainly nothing from Wentz to suggest they're superior prospects. This QB craze makes no sense.

Well they don't have a 2nd round pick so if they didn't get a QB at the #8 pick, they would have to wait till pick 77 in the 3rd round. With that said none of this makes sense still.

Had they not brought back Bradford all of this makes sense and I am all for it.

Plus as mentioned before, I don't get how QBs who these guys have all had tape on suddenly climb so much after the season ends. It reeks of desperation and throwing shit up on the wall cause QB value always drives up.

Again had they done this last season with more sure things such as Winston or Mariota, I'd be fine.

Well they don't have a 2nd round pick so if they didn't get a QB at the #8 pick, they would have to wait till pick 77 in the 3rd round. With that said none of this makes sense still.

Had they not brought back Bradford all of this makes sense and I am all for it.

Plus as mentioned before, I don't get how QBs who these guys have all had tape on suddenly climb so much after the season ends. It reeks of desperation and throwing shit up on the wall cause QB value always drives up.

Again had they done this last season with more sure things such as Winston or Mariota, I'd be fine.

There was nothing that was going to stop Tampa from taking Winston and there apparently was nothing that was going to stop the Titans from taking Mariota. We've got to take a chance already. Since McNabb left it's been Kolb - > Vick - > Foles - > Vick - > Foles - > Bradford - > Daniels??? Can't keep doing this.

effzee

There was nothing that was going to stop Tampa from taking Winston and there apparently was nothing that was going to stop the Titans from taking Mariota. We've got to take a chance already. Since McNabb left it's been Kolb - > Vick - > Foles - > Vick - > Foles - > Bradford - > Daniels??? Can't keep doing this.

I'd agree. I'd be all for this had they not signed Bradford.

Like him or not, he played reasonably well 2nd half and commanded the salary they gave him. If you don't think he is elite or the answer why bother? Why not just sign Chase, draft rookie, and use the money that would be used on Bradford to sign talent for other areas?

My point about last year was this move is all the more puzzling because these 2 QBs are only the top QBs cause it is a weak draft class and most of their hype seems to be generated post season by the draft process itself.

And you can and will keep doing this over and over. Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 is no guarantee of the QB panning out. So whether you sign a QB out of jail, draft one in the late rounds, trade for a former #1 overall, or trade tons of picks to move up for 1 - there are no guarantees. Only educated calculated moves.

This one seems desperate and unnecessary considering what they did FA and the draft class at hand.

I'd agree. I'd be all for this had they not signed Bradford.

Like him or not, he played reasonably well 2nd half and commanded the salary they gave him. If you don't think he is elite or the answer why bother? Why not just sign Chase, draft rookie, and use the money that would be used on Bradford to sign talent for other areas?

My point about last year was this move is all the more puzzling because these 2 QBs are only the top QBs cause it is a weak draft class and most of their hype seems to be generated post season by the draft process itself.

And you can and will keep doing this over and over. Drafting a QB at 1 or 2 is no guarantee of the QB panning out. So whether you sign a QB out of jail, draft one in the late rounds, trade for a former #1 overall, or trade tons of picks to move up for 1 - there are no guarantees. Only educated calculated moves.

This one seems desperate and unnecessary considering what they did FA and the draft class at hand.

They probably didn't think they'd be able to move up when they signed Bradford seeing how the Browns need a real QB more than any other team in the league!

RBH

Didn't they also blow all the picks they recieved in return for Julio Jones.

Pretty much.

Falcons
1st round pick (#6 overall) = Julio Jones

Browns
1st round pick (#27 overall) = Phil Taylor
2nd round pick (#59) = Greg Little
4th round pick (#124) = Owen Marecic
1st round pick in 2012 (#22) = Brandon Weeden
4th round pick in 2012 = traded in deal to select Trent Richardson

Pretty much.

Falcons
1st round pick (#6 overall) = Julio Jones

Browns
1st round pick (#27 overall) = Phil Taylor
2nd round pick (#59) = Greg Little
4th round pick (#124) = Owen Marecic
1st round pick in 2012 (#22) = Brandon Weeden
4th round pick in 2012 = traded in deal to select Trent Richardson
The Browns are historically good at getting a good amount of picks in trades, but the problem has been hitting on the picks. I remember the tragedy of the 2010 draft I believe it was with Mangini.

But this is a new Browns regime so can't hold the past against them. We could all say "they'll blow the picks, because Browns" but that's lazy. I think hue has a good vision of what he wants though. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded down again into the teens, would love to pick up two 2nds this year from Tenn.

The Browns are historically good at getting a good amount of picks in trades, but the problem has been hitting on the picks.

But this is a new Browns regime so can't hold the past against them. We could all say "they'll blow the picks, because Browns" but that's lazy. I think hue has a good vision of what he wants though. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded down again into the teens, would love to pick up two 2nds this year from Tenn.

Still, you better hope Haslam doesn't run into any hobos before the draft.

Top Bottom