• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Grossi Squickens boy so salty, funny thing he wasn't even a Wentz fan.
Do the Browns have a need at CB? Hargreaves was the other option I wanted the Eagles to take aside from what you chose before the trade. He plays a little too aggressive, so smart QBs can bait him, but he always plays the ball. Should get a lot of turnovers once he's in the league.
Buckner and Bosa could also be available too. i personally wouldn't want a CB if it's not Ramsey in 1. Pettine and Farmer spent so much capital on the position I couldn't stomach that honestly. In a trade down Id target a wr. The Browns do like Buckner though I believe

squicken

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13
Here is root of trade. Eagles assume they won't be this high again to get top QB. Browns assume they will. Thus the it works for both.

e: Grossi is an idiot. It's crazy he is a HoF voter

Eagles GAF, what is the plan if Jason Peters gets hurt? Lane plays LT. Who plays RT?

I could see Wentz doing really well on a team like the Rams. They already are built in a power run system like he played in college. Perfect fit for gradual development.

They will go with Goff for marketing purposes though.

Pepiope

I could see Wentz doing really well on a team like the Rams. They already are built in a power run system like he played in college. Perfect fit for gradual development.

They will go with Goff for marketing purposes though.
Wentz will be fine in Philly if he isn't rushed. Let him learn from Daniel.

Hindl

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13
Here is root of trade. Eagles assume they won't be this high again to get top QB. Browns assume they will. Thus the it works for both.

Eagles GAF, what is the plan if Jason Peters gets hurt? Lane plays LT. Who plays RT?

The turnstile that is Dennis Kelly. At some point later in the draft they might grab an OT, like a 4th-5th rounder. It'll probably just get ignored till next draft though, where we'll probably have to burn a 2nd since we won't have a 1st...

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13

Are you a Texans fan again, best friend?

Or are you finally joining the dark side in NE?

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13

Probably same as last season. Was it Andrew Gardner? I forget. They also had Brett Boyko on the practice squad all of last year so I guess there is that.

Wouldn't be surprised if they put what they had left in terms of draft picks into OL and LB. I really don't understand why people think they'd put it into DE before LB.

MechDX

Cgk4MERVEAEUngB.jpg:large

Mock up, not verified. Still dont believe McNair would sign off on columbia blue

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Donald Trump, speaking in Berlin, Maryland.
"I won big [and] then I won the entire South. And we're going to win a lot," Trump told thousands of his supporters. "Massachusetts, home of Tom Brady. Do we love Tom Brady? Right, right?"

squicken

BG's boy Cook

"Let's put it this way: he's not Kirk Cousins," another scout said. "The person kills him. Selfish. He goes out too much. It's a tell-tale sign when your teammates don't like you, and I know they don't. He's good, but that position is more than physical attributes. It's also leadership. Is he going to lead your guys? I don't think so. He'll be a starter but I don't think he can lead you to the promised land." Fifth-year senior from Hinckley, Ohio. Passer rating was 95.2, Wonderlic was 25. "He stinks," a third scout said. "Wildly inaccurate (57.5% career). Average arm, average mobility, average field vision. Not a leader. Not aware. Someone will take him in the second, third or fourth round and he's going to disappoint.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Alan Hoglund
‏@alanhoglund

BREAKING: Death investigation at Paisley Park on 7800 block of Audubon Road in Chanhassen. This is Prince's studio. @KSTP

I don't want to be reactionary, but I need a hug.

gutshot

1. JARED GOFF, California (6-4, 217, 4.78, 1): "I just don't see him having that winner quality about him," a third scout said. "His arm isn't great. They do a lot of that dink and dunk offense, a lot of that false production. He gets rattled by pressure. Everything has kind of got to be under control for him. He couldn't win there and you want him to be the face of your franchise?"

2. CARSON WENTZ, North Dakota State (6-5, 237, 4.69, 1): "He gets away with things in that league (Missouri Valley) that he wouldn't get away with in the SEC," a third scout said. "He tries to throw in tight windows. Even in the (FCS) title game he threw two picks. The guy he reminds me of is (Blake) Bortles. Everybody was so excited about Bortles because of the height and the athletic ability, and this guy has the same thing. At least Bortles played against big-time competition. At this point I just don't see where he's that accurate of a passer."

4. CONNOR COOK, Michigan State (6-4, 216, 4.79, 1-2): "He stinks," a third scout said. "Wildly inaccurate (57.5% career). Average arm, average mobility, average field vision. Not a leader. Not aware. Someone will take him in the second, third or fourth round and he's going to disappoint. The owner needs to fire the GM right after they pick him if someone takes him in the first. But when the Buffalo Bills took EJ Manuel in the first, all bets are off."

5. CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG, Penn State (6-4 ½, 222, 4.81, 2-3): "He doesn't have a clock in his head," said a third scout. "I understand they had a poor offensive line but that's too many sacks. Throw the ball away. Do something. He has talent but he scares the hell out of me."

6. DAK PRESCOTT, Mississippi State (6-2, 227, 4.78, 2-3): "He's got no accuracy, got no vision," said a third scout. "I don't think he's an NFL quarterback."

Man, that third scout is a dick.

gutshot

Went to Jimmy John's for lunch. Got there right when they opened at 11 and the line was already pretty long. Thankfully it moved fast. It was a lot longer when we left at around 11:30.

First time at Jimmy John's. Sub wasn't half bad. Better than Subway, for sure.

squicken

Man, Tiger is in bad shape

Tiger hasn't hit a golf ball in about two months. He can't really run; not long ago, he told Time magazine, he fell down in his backyard without a cellphone and had to just lie there until his daughter happened to find him. Tiger sent her to get help. He's had two back operations in the past three months. Yesterday at a news conference, he said for the first time in public that his golf career might be over.

A reporter asked what he did for exercise.

"I walk," he said.

And?

He smiled.

"I walk and I walk some more."

He paused, and asked himself a question. "Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?"

"I don't know. I think pretty much everything beyond this will be gravy."

I remember when he first started, Johnny Miller said his swing would give him back troubles. I see the same thing with McIlroy and Fowler. They coil up so much that it is just so much strain on the back.

Fantomex

He can catch too.

Went to Jimmy John's for lunch. Got there right when they opened at 11 and the line was already pretty long. Thankfully it moved fast. It was a lot longer when we left at around 11:30.

First time at Jimmy John's. Sub wasn't half bad. Better than Subway, for sure.

Pretty good sammiches. Last time I went and then I messed up by adding chips and a drink, it was like $5 bucks. I forgot the whole point was to pay $1

Yall speaking too much negativity and evil into this world right now. I won't even quote the posts.

There's no chance that that happened.

*Goes back to listening to Purple Rain*

gutshot

I’ve talked to a source that has said it’s likely Bradford is going to ask for a trade at some point in time or some way to get out of Philadelphia so that he can move on with his career somewhere else with a team that’s going to be invested in him long-term. That’s the kind of solution that Bradford is looking at in this point in time.

The question for Bradford is whether he’s willing to take some kind of pay cut to make that happen. He has $11 million he’s already been paid by the Philadelphia Eagles as part of the two-year deal he signed before the start of free agency.

Now for the Eagles, they’ve expressed that Bradford is the starter for right now. They would like to have a bridge between whoever they have in the draft that they take at No. 2 and eventually when that person becomes the starter. However, the Eagles can likely turn to Chase Daniel as he signed to a $7 million per year contract to be the interim starter if they let Bradford go. So the Eagles have options. The question is whether Bradford is going to push on his options.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ia-nfl-draft-carson-wentz-rookie-chase-daniel

Ugh. Still don't understand why they resigned Sam. What a mess.

squicken

When Bradford signed his deal, he said he had talked to Doug and Howie about the future and how they said it was his team. So if he feels his HC flat out lied to him to sign a contract where he was going to have his leadership undermined, then that's not ego. It's how people act when betrayed

When Bradford signed his deal, he said he had talked to Doug and Howie about the future and how they said it was his team. So if he feels his HC flat out lied to him to sign a contract where he was going to have his leadership undermined, then that's not ego. It's how people act when betrayed

Sam has no right to feel aggrieved given all the millions he's made by fraudulently claiming to be a competent QB.

effzee

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13

Yeah if Peters is hurt, Lane slides to LT (which is where I think he is next year no matter what), and they pluck one of their Guards or back up Tackles to start on the right side.

Key will be development of the guys on the roster after the draft. With remaining picks in the 3rd round, 2 in the 5th round, and 2 more in the 6th round.

Its up to Howie and the staff to find and then develop quality OLINE Depth out of those picks. Its possible though I don't trust Howie as a scout at all.

Top Bottom