• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
So many teams are gonna get burned by passing on him. Hypothetically if all he is ever gonna give you is 5-6 Pro Bowl years like Terrell Davis or Gale Sayers, why wouldn't you?
In a league where the average career is about that, I agree and it's a scenario where the talent level outweighs the risk for me. My hope is that Reese and company are not averse to the knee simply because of how wracked the team has been with injuries the last three years. We have a whole new strength and conditioning team, changes have been made to the weight room and the training regimen. Draft the best possible player while being aware of the reasonable level of risk if there is an injury concern and Jack would be a massive upgrade to a LB corp that's been garbage for far too many years now. I hope to god teams let him fall to 10. The Giants should run to the podium and count their blessings.

BPA is a term that gets thrown around a lot but the Giants FO needs to wrap their heads around it a little more because they've been drafting for need for far too long (no matter what Reese says). It's exactly why I'm not averse to picking Zeke. If he's there at 10 and the other options don't present the same possibility of a game changing player? Fuck that, take Zeke and run.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago

Among the QB storylines to follow this week is where Rams QB Nick Foles winds up. Several teams intersted, per source.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 24s24 seconds ago
Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

Odd. Charles Robinson did an article at Yahoo Sports yesterday that his sources say the exact opposite.

Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports 1h1 hour ago
Sources: Sam Bradford won't ask for deal to get out of Philly, @CharlesRobinson reports. http://yhoo.it/1MSzwfA

Either way stupid drama the Eagles caused themselves

LJ11

In a league where the average career is about that, I agree and it's a scenario where the talent level outweighs the risk for me. My hope is that Reese and company are not averse to the knee simply because of how wracked the team has been with injuries the last three years. We have a whole new strength and conditioning team, changes have been made to the weight room and the training regimen. Draft the best possible player while being aware of the reasonable level of risk if there is an injury concern and Jack would be a massive upgrade to a LB corp that's been garbage for far too many years now. I hope to god teams let him fall to 10. The Giants should run to the podium and count their blessings.

BPA is a term that gets thrown around a lot but the Giants FO needs to wrap their heads around it a little more because they've been drafting for need for far too long (no matter what Reese says). It's exactly why I'm not averse to picking Zeke. If he's there at 10 and the other options don't present the same possibility of a game changing player? Fuck that, take Zeke and run.

I really think the Giants are going to take Doctson. Have no idea what prospects they're linked to, but I don't see an OL/DL worthy of selection, and they won't take a LB because they hate LBs. Doctson won't get out of the top 10 and I think the Giants snap him up and go full on with aerial attack they want.

Fantomex

jDKaIa1.gif

LJ11

Anyone know if Matt Bowen did any draft podcasts?

He nailed some of the DB prospects from the 15 draft, he's fun to listen to but he's probably tied down to ESPN now.

Striker

I really think the Giants are going to take Doctson. Have no idea what prospects they're linked to, but I don't see an OL/DL worthy of selection, and they won't take a LB because they hate LBs. Doctson won't get out of the top 10 and I think the Giants snap him up and go full on with aerial attack they want.
I would be good with this.

Top Bottom