• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MechDX

Don't know if posted but listening to local news Myles Jack has a cartilage defect in his knee? So possibly out of first round?

Injury similar to Clowney. Will also require the same micro fracture surgery

He can play on it but for how long until the surgery is required is the question

Gobias

Banned
Just imagine this young fellow in black and gold...

giphy.gif

BaeG, let's make it happen!

iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

Striker

Peter King says Giants are okay with Jack's knee

10. New York Giants: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA. Let the debate begin over Jack’s health. Or continue. Some NFL teams think Jack eventually will need microfracture surgery on the wounded knee that was surgically repaired last fall. Microfracture surgery is risky and not every player responds the same to it. But I hear the Giants think Jack’s knee is okay. If it is, New York has the best sideline-to-sideline linebacker in the draft, and that’s been a huge position of need on the Giants defense.
#rumorz

brentech

Been really busy lately. Haven't thought to pop into the NFL thread in a solid week plus, the offseason is heating up.
long enough that I didn't know a new thread had existed.

Will try my best to keep on pace with draft now that I'm here.

Found out on Wednesday that we'll be having a baby girl. Due a week before the NFL regular season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Did not know this but Michael Rothstein, the ESPN Lions writer, said that the Lions "are doing extensive homework" on Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech.

Butler has the size that causes NFL decision-makers to drool. He stands 6-foot-3 and tips the scales at 325 pounds with 34-inch arms, good length for an interior lineman.

Typically, someone Butler's size would serve as a space eater in the middle of a 3-4 defense, chewing up double teams and freeing up the linebackers behind him to make plays. And while he welcomes that role, if that's how a team chooses to use him, it would be a waste of his surprising ability to get off the ball and wreak havoc in the backfield.

His athleticism, Butler said, comes from his days as a high school basketball player.

Despite the late start, he drew scholarship offers from multiple SEC schools, including Ole Miss and Mississippi State, but he simply felt Tech was the right fit.

"Suh is one of my favorite players, just the tenacity he plays with, his strength," Butler said.

Butler ranks near the top of the deep defensive tackle class in this draft. The group includes other first-round talents Sheldon Rankins, Andrew Billings, Robert Nkemdiche and Butler's training partners A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/02/detroit_lions_vernon_butler.html

Cris Colinsworth had the Lions picking Robert Nkemdiche which would not happen at #16. He would/could be a 2nd round pick for us but no way Quinn takes him at #16, especially after his "red flags" quote he made when he scouts players for the draft or free agency.

But really that's the interesting thing about this Lions draft is no one knows what he's going to do given some of his predraft press conferences.

He's mentioned how "it's tough to find offensive tackles in the draft and how starting LT Riley Reiff position still to be determined.

At the end of the day it's Bob Quinn's first draft, and I like what he's done so far but we really have no idea how he will draft.

I still think we trade down just not sure with what team. The Texans were an option if they wanted a QB but signed Brock.

Hopefully the Jets or another AFC team fall in love with Paxton Lynch and trade up to grab him.

Found out on Wednesday that we'll be having a baby girl. Due a week before the NFL regular season.

Congrats BT.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

squicken a step ahead of you RBH

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/24/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-trades

PK says the Bills FO loves Hackenberg and could draft him in the first round. Says Rex loves Tyrod and would be absolutely against it

Interesting notes about the Bills and Rex Ryan. I'd give Tyrod another year and draft BPA or draft a QB in a later round.

effzee

Had guests over and by the time they left and finally got my son to bed, it was already past the actual airing of GoT.

Debated not watching until tonight but couldn't hold back. Stayed up till 1am watching. Had to be get up at 5am.

Monday's are the worst but it was worth it for that last scene alone.

Euron

#rumorz
The Jerry Reese Master Plan

Step 1: Send Reuben Randle to Eagles

Step 2: Convince Browns to ravage them for draft picks

Step 3: Spread false info about Myles Jack then draft him

Step 4: Send 20 good men to the Dallas training camp?

RBH

1. I'm told that while the Los Angeles Rams know which quarterback they will select, presumably Jared Goff of Cal, don't expect an official announcement until sometime Thursday. Sources tell me while the Rams want to go through final checks and balances before publicly announcing the pick, there's a belief the league is pressuring the franchise to hold off on making an announcement until the first day of the draft. The NFL Draft has become such big business that the league hopes to build speculation around who will ultimately end up as the top selection.
http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/new...raft-Day/7d1fca64-ba9c-4b37-91ff-302c2b078f86

I was right! :')

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Been really busy lately. Haven't thought to pop into the NFL thread in a solid week plus, the offseason is heating up.

Congrats!

I picked Hunter Henry for you in the draft. I had no idea what I was doing.

Sorry. It's Sahnefest here in Germany. It's an odd holiday where women are encouraged to bath in pools dairy cream while the men folk grill brats and play a game where they toss logs at colored rocks. NeoGAF surfing time is limited.

Well that was the most disappointing Google search of all time. Way to tell lies on the Internet.

#rumorz

Already has had knee surgery? Pass

LJ11

If they draft that PSU scrub I'm done with the team, straight up. I can't do it, I was tested with EJ, but won't watch that shit go down a 2nd time. Refuse to believe that shit. I've tuned out for most of the draft stuff this year, was burned out, but I haven't seen links to Hackenberg and this is one of the more transparent orgs in football.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If they draft that PSU scrub I'm done with the team, straight up. I can't do it, I was tested with EJ, but won't watch that shit go down a 2nd time. Refuse to believe that shit. I've tuned out for most of the draft stuff this year, was burned out, but I haven't seen links to Hackenberg and this is one of the more transparent orgs in football.

...just a second time?

Well that was the most disappointing Google search of all time. Way to tell lies on the Internet.

But it seemed plausible, didn't it. Plus, now you have "women bathing cream" in your search history.

Fox318

you should drive up to buffalo and protest.

jw0FBSe.jpg

LJ11

The Browns need to draft Hackenberg

Any DePo stuff about the Browns upcoming draft? If anyone has stuff PM me. Interested in reading his thoughts after the draft goes down.

One thing the Bills did in the past that I loved, is have the scouts come out and talk about the players selected, always good to watch the scouts talk about the pick even when you knew some of that shit was sketchy as fuck.

Edit: If there's one QB the Bills are hard for it's Jones.

Fantomex

Congratulations sconi bro!

We have plenty of room for you here at Ramsnation if that happens LJ.

Yes please.

e5b8ad12-5e97-471a-bc06-eb03a776b119.gif

So many teams are gonna get burned by passing on him. Hypothetically if all he is ever gonna give you is 5-6 Pro Bowl years like Terrell Davis or Gale Sayers, why wouldn't you?

Top Bottom