• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

I never got the idea that latinos wouldnt vote for Trump. Obviously small sample size, but my brother in law in Vegas married a woman that moved to America from Mexico legally, and she is super pro Trump. She complains about illegal immigrants all the time, she is always saying that the illegal immigrants make the legal ones look bad and stuff like that.

Fox318

Democrats that were Bill and Hillary cheerleaders and people like Podesta need to be excumicated from DNC leadership.

I would be surprised if NASA's exploration programs suffer. I think there's a decent chance they benefit. Democrats haven't been willing to spend much capital there, it's mostly through bureaucracy hacks (spreading offices across as many districts as possible, etc) that NASA's been able to hold ground.

Some of the science stuff (again, the climate change research) is going to be hurt, which sucks a lot

Climate change? You mean the thing your new president called a Chinese hoax?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So many people leaving GAF tonight

I hope people are just being dramatic.

There are some things to look forward to like Hilary and Obama's real unfiltered thoughts on Trump.

If Trump is really as bad as everyone fears, I'm telling you that there WILL be a wave election in 2018. Democrats will finally get Congress back.

Either Clinton or Trump could have lost in 4 years also. I just don't see this as a long term trend politically just as it wasn't for Obama in 2008.

There are some things to look forward to like Hilary and Obama's real unfiltered thoughts on Trump.

If Trump is really as bad as everyone fears, I'm telling you that there WILL be a wave election in 2018. Democrats will finally get Congress back.

Either Clinton or Trump could have lost in 4 years also. I just don't see this as a long term trend politically just as it wasn't for Obama in 2008.

Hopefully the Dems will put up a good candidate next time and not trash like Hillary.

not with the new congressional maps they aren't.

MechDX

I never got the idea that latinos wouldnt vote for Trump. Obviously small sample size, but my brother in law in Vegas married a woman that moved to America from Mexico legally, and she is super pro Trump. She complains about illegal immigrants all the time, she is always saying that the illegal immigrants make the legal ones look bad and stuff like that.

From twitter:

Trump did better than Romney among blacks by 5 points. He did 2 points better among Latinos.

Gobias

Banned
Real talk:

Don't you guys act like (most) of your teams are any better.
I don't think most people do. I'm pretty sure the domestic abuse problems and general shittiness of so many NFL players are why so many feel so bad about the NFL right now.

Milchjon

Hopefully the Dems will put up a good candidate next time and not trash like Hillary.

That's such a weak excuse.

I mean, of course Hillary's candidacy may have lost them the election. But that's a problem in itself. None of the shit she did/is should have ever cancelled out Trump's dealings.

The animosity shown against her by left-leaning voters was probably just as toxic for America as the actual pro-Trump faction, if you only look at outcomes, not motivation.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Real talk:

Don't you guys act like (most) of your teams are any better.

Real talk:

Sports and politics should never mix. Obviously my voting interests will never align with a 26 year old multi millionaire.

The sooner we stop looking at atheletes as role models for our personal lives the better off we'll be. They're primarily entertainers first and foremost so who gives a shit what they think?

That's in an ideal world. Unfortunately we live in a social media world where people give a damn about what entertainers think politically.

Elizabeth Warren? I dunno. Polls said that people wanted the country to be more conservative. Start looking at whatever blue dogs are left or else you're gonna need another populist.

not with the new congressional maps they aren't.

Yeah gerrymandering will continue unabated. Still don't see how they win more seats (reminder that they still LOST seats) without appealing to minorities more.

That's such a weak excuse.

I mean, of course Hillary's candidacy may have lost them the election. But that's a problem in itself. None of the shit she did/is should have ever cancelled out Trump's dealings.

The animosity shown against her by left-leaning voters was probably just as toxic for America as the actual pro-Trump faction, if you only look at outcomes, not motivation.

Yup. Anyone voting for Trump because "I don't like Hillary" can go fuck themselves.

Oddly QBs being rich, white, and college educated makes them less likely to be Trump voters

'educated'

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Most dangerous thing for the left would be if Trump and the republicans are actually competent and reasonable. Which I think we all know won't be the case.

And a friendly reminder that Trump hates his own party and they hate him! Trump holds grudges like nothing else.

Expect infighting and chaos.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm sure they'll be able to put their grudges to one side when it comes to shitting on minorities and poor people.

Probably

Expect Supreme Court Justices to be nominated and appointed quickly

Outside that? Ehhh

Lots of executive orders and an immediate halt to all refugees.

Paul Ryan and Trump differ on like everything, going to be deadlock city.

Sadly I think Paul Ryan planned on stepping down as House Speaker. Kinda a worst case scenario if they put a Trumpist in that position.

Half the party still hates him but I guess they can't ignore what happened tonight.

On an unrelated note, I can't be the only one who won't be sleeping much tonight. I've been kinda shaking for hours...weird.

Real talk:
Yeah gerrymandering will continue unabated. Still don't see how they win more seats (reminder that they still LOST seats) without appealing to minorities more.
They gained seats for the most part.. they tightened their stranglehold on the Senate..

They don't have to appeal to minorities more

And a friendly reminder that Trump hates his own party and they hate him! Trump holds grudges like nothing else.

Expect infighting and chaos.
Absolutely not.. they are going to roll over for him..

Why?

Because they want his voters.. they didn't want to lose those voters at all and that's why they supported him even after all the bullshit came out..

If you really believe that the Goppers in the Senate are gonna really take a stand on NATO against the president? You have more faith in them than I do..

How does a Republican win Pennsylvania? Hasn't done so since Bush '88. What a shift
Drive up white turnout to an unparalleled level and peel off just enough in minority votes to win..

That's been the game plan forever now..

It just finally worked

Top Bottom