• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

squicken

Rust belt. That's the long and short answer I think.

Which cost Bush in '92 with the recession. The Democrats adopted so many of the right's positions that they lost their blue collar voters. Used to be the unions and left selling the evils of globalization. Old news but I really have not payed attention to the election b/c I never in a million years thought Trump could win

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rust belt. That's the long and short answer I think.

Rust belt whites got tired of being ignored specifically.

Thinking about it more, Floy is right. The GOP will coalesce around Trump because if they can flip the Midwest and keep it, they'll win perpetually. If they could even peel off Minnesota, Democrats could take North Carolina and maybe even Georgia.

Then we're back to wondering when Texas will flip.

In this fever dream, it's like economic prosperity favors Democrats in the long run.

Which cost Bush in '92 with the recession. The Democrats adopted so many of the right's positions that they lost their blue collar voters. Used to be the unions and left selling the evils of globalization. Old news but I really have not payed attention to the election b/c I never in a million years thought Trump could win

Godslay and I both said in NFL gaf numerous times that we thought/were afriaid PA could go for Trump. I don't think Democrats ever took the possibility seriously in terms of effectively addressing the population in the non-urban areas. They thought the cities would carry them. At this point we have to break down how/why this happened and try to fix it for next time.

Man, CBS is drawing this out as long as they can. Refuse to call Wiscy, refuse to call Penn.

Thinking about it more, Floy is right. The GOP will coalesce around Trump because if they can flip the Midwest and keep it, they'll win perpetually. If they could even peel off Minnesota, Democrats could take North Carolina and maybe even Georgia.

In this fever dream, it's like economic prosperity favors Democrats in the long run.
Issue they have with keeping the midwest is you actually have to show results eventually, and that's really hard. It might hold for a couple elections, but at some point the outsiders become the insiders and we start the dance again.

Line_HTX

CwvVLOuVEAA3Ad1.jpg:large

Never ready. Fuck this shit so much...

Exactly..

The Goppers are going to bend over for the pied piper of white America.. they are going to try and keep immigration the way it is to slow it down as much as possible.. they can get away with it because they have the majority of the state governments and will have the entire federal government under their thumb..

The Midwest will eventually flip to the GOP completely and utterly (shit tonight shows it already has).. the only way there is any hope is for White America to slowly die off.. even then.. it's still a struggle..

They're chanting lock her up at trump hq.

Oh God.
Should have heard them earlier

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Man, CBS is drawing this out as long as they can. Refuse to call Wiscy, refuse to call Penn.

Issue they have with keeping the midwest is you actually have to show results eventually, and that's really hard. It might hold for a couple elections, but at some point the outsiders become the insiders and we start the dance again.

That's what has me scratching my head

How the fuck is he going to bring back manufacturing without completely destroying our standard of living with cheap overseas products? Not everyone is Apple with 300% margins that could still be made in the US for a good profit.

How the fuck is he going to bring back manufacturing without completely destroying our standard of living with cheap overseas products? Not everyone is Apple with 300% margins that could still be made in the US for a good profit.
He can't.. he's bullshitting..

I mean, the simple answer is he's a charlatan, there's no bringing those jobs back, move along.

The very unlikely answer is that he does have a plan, he can sell the republicans on infrastructure (how??), and he actually does a good job as President. That honestly might be scarier long term, right?

Fox318

Only thing I can think of is going after taxation.

The EU is doing it with Apple right now maybe Trump plans on using that as leverage?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's 2am, what have we done

Usually at this time of night that's what guys ask themselves after busting a nut inside a random uggo.

Well Trump is now our 18 years of child support with a "beer googles pretty" one night stand.

Hold onto your butts

squicken

First time GOP has had House, Senate and Presidency since 1928. I don't know what their big idea will be but maybe immigration? I think Trump will just want revenge and for people to kiss his ass

Trump also won Ohio.

Dutch Brown is out.

Dutch Raider. Big Al would not have condoned this fuckery and speaking of fuckery the BBC is interviewing someone from "Muslim Americans for Trump" right now WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU STUPID FAT CUNT? Just piss off.

First time GOP has had House, Senate and Presidency since 1928. I don't know what their big idea will be but maybe immigration? I think Trump will just want revenge and for people to kiss his ass
Immigration?

200w.gif

They just rode in on white fright.. immigration ain't happening.. no goddamn way.. not with that base.. the game is tax cuts, and whatever they can try and connive out of Trump to sign..

Only took them a year to blow it up then. Wonder how long we have this time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He can't.. he's bullshitting..

I mean, the simple answer is he's a charlatan, there's no bringing those jobs back, move along.

The very unlikely answer is that he does have a plan, he can sell the republicans on infrastructure (how??), and he actually does a good job as President. That honestly might be scarier long term, right?

Only thing I can think of is going after taxation.

The EU is doing it with Apple right now maybe Trump plans on using that as leverage?

He has some kind of plan though. He absolutely has to follow through on his trade wars and ripping up NAFTA...unless he just doesn't want a second term.

I don't know how he sells Republicans on the infrastructure to even bring back manufacturing on that scale. That shit was going offshore starting in the 70s and all through the 80s. The capital just isn't there to move it back rapidly because it didn't leave overnight. How do you compete with Chinese industry startup costs that is fully funded and, more importantly, price controlled by the Chinese government? We can't change that rapidly to make the adaptations.

I mean, it'd be awesome if we did onshore all those industries back here because then we could at least regulate the carbon output a lot more...but only Democrats are interested in doing that so blah

Then there's the reality that all onshored jobs will just be automated and replaced by robots anyway. Anyone coming back to the US is just going to be interested in doing things with as little labor as possible.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What the hell gave you that idea?

Trade is like his only semi-coherent plan even though it's awful. At least that's what I thought after watching all three debates. It was literally the only time he sounded kinda intelligent.

Basically enact radical protectionism -> profit

I think the answer between free trade and protectionism is somewhere in the middle but he was talking 30% tariff or something crazy.

Top Bottom