• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Trade is like his only semi-coherent plan even though it's awful. At least that's what I thought after watching all three debates. It was literally the only time he sounded kinda intelligent.

Basically enact radical protectionism -> profit

I think the answer between free trade and protectionism is somewhere in the middle but he was talking 30% tariff or something crazy.
There isn't a middle.. those jobs are gone.. no amount of bring back those automated jobs will support citizens

Tariffs are a shit idea.. this big thing happened in 1936 in part because of retaliatory Tariffs called the Great Depression.

I can't tell if it's just the fact that I've pulled an all-nighter but I'm feeling slightly ill and I legit felt a little nauseous when I saw this tweet.

ycCVh0V.png

cdyhybrid

Honestly white people, you need to think long and hard about what's happened tonight. This was a giant "fuck you" to every minority in this country. Yes, not all of you directly made this happen, but the fact is that white people got Trump the win.

If that's what this country wants to be (and apparently it is), I want no part of it. Fuck this country and everything it stands for. I've never been so disgusted in my life.

squicken

I can't tell if it's just the fact that I've pulled an all-nighter but I'm feeling slightly ill and I legit felt a little nauseous when I saw this tweet.

ycCVh0V.png

This morning 538, who everyone said was fear mongering and click baiting, only gave him a 28% chance to win. The polls took a huge L today

This morning 538, who everyone said was fear mongering and click baiting, only gave him a 28% chance to win. The polls took a huge L today

I can't remember if I said it in this thread or on Xbox Live to Bread earlier but we saw this happen in Britain over the last couple of years with the general election and then the Brexit referendum. Tories weren't supposed to win outright and the Leave campaign was supposed to suffer a narrow loss.

Polls don't legislate for closet racists who are too embarrassed to tell you they're really voting for Trump.

Of course, you'd think that being publicly ashamed of your vote would cause you to have second thoughts about your favoured candidate but racism trumps everything.

EDIT: Hillary has conceded apparently

I can't remember if I said it in this thread or on Xbox Live to Bread earlier but we saw this happen in Britain over the last couple of years with the general election and then the Brexit referendum. Tories weren't supposed to win outright and the Leave campaign was supposed to suffer a narrow loss.

Polls don't legislate for closet racists who are too embarrassed to tell you they're really voting for Trump.

Of course, you'd think that being publicly ashamed of your vote would cause you to have second thoughts about your favoured candidate but racism trumps everything.

It's almost like painting people with a broad brush has unforeseen negative consequences

It's almost like painting people with a broad brush has unforeseen negative consequences

Yes, let's mollycoddle those voters who nod and cheer when they hear Mexicans described as drug mules and rapists, Muslims as terrorists who should be have special IDs and put under mass surveillance, women as objects to be ogled and groped and all the other disgusting shit he's said.

My heart bleeds for those precious souls.

"Don't call me racist or I'll vote for the racist guy!"

:jnc
Glad I could provide a little amusement for you in these hard times.

But yes, if you eliminate all chance of discourse at the outset, you are polarizing the electorate and inspiring people to take more extreme political positions.

Yes, let's mollycoddle those voters who nod and cheer when they hear Mexicans described as drug mules and rapists, Muslims as terrorists who should be have special IDs and put under mass surveillance, women as objects to be ogled and groped and all the other disgusting shit he's said.

My heart bleeds for those precious souls.
Your heart doesn't need to bleed for them. But, they can vote. When no one makes the effort to bridge the gap (arguably worse: the guy who did got shot down by the DNC), they apparently vote for Trump.

squicken

People aren't poor because they are racist. They are racist b/c they are poor

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"Don't call me racist or I'll vote for the racist guy!"

:jnc

Kinda close

I think they saw it as "hey we're hurting here"

Clinton: "Don't care, we've got minorities and our big city white liberals"

Trump: "I'll help you by doing something totally crazy. Also Hilary is a bitch."

Rust Belt: "Well at least Trump is responding to us...."

Outraged People: "you're racist for even thinking of voting for the guy wanting to help you out!"

Rust Belt: "but he has a plan for us..."

Outraged people: "why can't you move to a big city on the coast where the jobs are? lol flyover states"

Rust Belt: "that's not an option...."

Yeah I dunno, that's kinda how I imagine the nonexistent dialogue happening.

It's also why I believe Bernie would have won. He spoke to the same people and gave them the same kind of hope.

squicken

Jesus NFL GAF got killed tonight. We lost like 5 regulars. I hope people see the sun come up in the morning and enjoy sports for sports

People aren't poor because they are racist. They are racist b/c they are poor

Yet they keep voting for the politicians who promise to make life easier for rich folks. It's not even like this campaign was the usual one, with racism hidden behind coded language so people could tell themselves they weren't voting for racists. It was blatant as fuck and they still voted for Trump en masse, enjoy the next four years working class America.

Kinda close

Trump: "I'll help you by doing something totally crazy. Also Hilary is a bitch."

Outraged People: "you're racist for even thinking of voting for the guy wanting to help you out!"

Outraged people: "why can't you move to a big city on the coast where the jobs are? lol flyover states"

It's also why I believe Bernie would have won. He spoke to the same people and gave them the same kind of hope.

The thing with Bernie is efforts to "bridge that gap", no matter how pitiful they are, always see politicians shift further and further to right so you end up with someone like Clinton who is centre-right looking like the most electable option. Not many worse labels to wear than 'liberal' which is fucked up when you think about it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jesus NFL GAF got killed tonight. We lost like 5 regulars. I hope people see the sun come up in the morning and enjoy sports for sports

Yeah I'm hoping it's just emotions running high (low?)

Like I said earlier, need to keep politics out of sports. Don't let political opinions of your favorite athletes sway you one way or the other. Trump just got half the popular vote so obviously a fuck ton of the NFL probably voted for him when it's a huge tax cut for them.

Besides in the NFL, the bar for a decent guy is the one who isn't into domestic abuse, being a deadbeat dad, bringing guns into a club, stabbing people, or the worst - a proven cheater. It's an easy system!

Hope everyone feels better after a good nights sleep.

Fox318

Kinda close

Absolutely.

City liberals were delusional by disregarding the majority of the nation AND they didn't show up to vote.

Less people voted than in 2000

More Latinos and Blacks voted for Trump than voted for Romney.

That comercial a trump Pac out out talking about how Hillary was focused on the redskins name change was a perfect example. It showed to the Midwest voter that Hillary didn't have a plan for them and she was focused on window dressing issues that don't change anything.

The best advocate for Hillary I've seen all year was samantha bee and that like the campaign was full of vitriol and anger.

Can't remember what Sweeney said but fatone said something about not being able to enjoy football now that Brady and Belichick proved themselves to be racist shitbags. Who'd have thought that Pats-GAF would have suffered more than other teams under a Trump presidency?

Couple of people like TheFatOne and Sweeney said they're gonna stop posting here because Trump won. Sweeney will be back in 2017 iirc?

Ohio AND PA, man...

Considering the strong likeliness that at the very least gay marriage is getting talked about being rolled back and/or conversion therapy is going to be seriously discussed, and all the people that will be embodied to more open and vocal hatred because of this campaign of hate winning, this is the most unsafe and afraid I've felt to...exist I guess? I don't know, I'm honestly running out of words to say because this all just feels like a nightmare and I'm really fucking scared. I feel like I got no one, I'm surrounded by Trumpers according to the turnout results (OH and PA, fuck fuck fuck man :[), and I don't know what to do or where to go from here.

I've got to consider options, and for that I need to cut back on some stuff that might distract. 8-8 is life, but life for me is not as important as rights for my brothers, my sisters, my family (actual and in the LGBT+ community), my friends, and ultimately the future. I gotta put that shit first. Gonna be the hardest fight I've ever had.

I love you guys so much, I'll come back if and when shit gets sorted out, and I'll absolutely PM at least some of yall for catch up if it's later than 2 months. If it's sooner, I deserve all the laughs for this dramapost.

I love you all. Stay safe and good <3

PS: Hate won't beat eight and eight

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Couple of people like TheFatOne and Sweeney said they're gonna stop posting here because Trump won. Sweeney will be back in 2017 iirc?

Wait why? Is he stopping here specifically? You'll be very hard pressed to find a further left leaning forum.

edit-

Ohio AND PA, man...

Considering the strong likeliness that at the very least gay marriage is getting talked about being rolled back and/or conversion therapy is going to be seriously discussed, and all the people that will be embodied to more open and vocal hatred because of this campaign of hate winning, this is the most unsafe and afraid I've felt to...exist I guess? I don't know, I'm honestly running out of words to say because this all just feels like a nightmare and I'm really fucking scared. I feel like I got no one, I'm surrounded by Trumpers according to the turnout results (OH and PA, fuck fuck fuck man :[), and I don't know what to do or where to go from here.

I've got to consider options, and for that I need to cut back on some stuff that might distract. 8-8 is life, but life for me is not as important as rights for my brothers, my sisters, my family (actual and in the LGBT+ community), my friends, and ultimately the future. I gotta put that shit first. Gonna be the hardest fight I've ever had.

I love you guys so much, I'll come back if and when shit gets sorted out, and I'll absolutely PM at least some of yall for catch up if it's later than 2 months. If it's sooner, I deserve all the laughs for this dramapost.

Look I hate trump, and I may just be justifying my tag further here, but I really do think the guy is pretty moderate on Gay marriage. He was clearly pandering on a TON of the issues to keep the christians in his corner regarding certain subjects. That being said he's been very awkward on the question, and I sincerely believe he won't touch gay marriage and he DEFINITELY won't support conversion therapy. I think in all the darkness that's the one sliver of light you can take... It's not Cruz, it's not Pence, and hell when it comes to LGBT rights, it's not Kasich. I could be completely wrong though.

I almost pull the trigger, my anger was enough to make me write something that would have been perma ban, but I fell asleep for 2 hours, up again and realize this nightmare is fucking real..

Ohio AND PA, man...

Love you man, keep fighting the good fight.

Mindlog

Ohio AND PA, man...

My words feel ineffectual, but I wish you the very best. Keep spreading the peace and love.

8-8 forever.

Top Bottom