• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

It's tough being white in 2016.

You want that change but have to make that tough choice to pick a bigot to be your instrument for it. But you are strong enough to let others pay and sacrifice for your selfishness and interests.

I'm white, and I wanted more Obama... :(

Tom Penny

You guys mixing your sports and politics again?

The only thing you'll find is pain if you want everyone to have the same progressive values that you do.

This country's biggest problem is because of peoples values, decision making and work ethic and that goes for everyone.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
May the Football Gods smile on the Cleveland Browns and bring a victory to them.

tumblr_lw3vljWVMK1qeljkxo1_500.gif

BECLEVE

Line_HTX

One day I would like to go to Europe and watch opera or a fancy orchestra concert.

Europe is the land of classical music.

I believe in Justin Tucker's opera career!!

God I love Justin Tucker, but it's a sad state of affairs when the kicker is the only jersey-buying-worthy player on your team.

That is, until Matt Judon catches on more. He keeps impressing.

Browns are so winning this game tonight. We coming for that #1 pick! But fuck Cleveland. Glad you lost the world series, hope you lose them all.

Line_HTX

I personally don't care about the politics of the players I root for.

Dutch is from Europe. He doesn't understand Republicans. They might as well be the boogeyman.

I grew up around a bunch of old white racists in Texas. They are my family, my friends.

I know that a lot of football players are ignorant, maybe even racist. But I don't bat an eye at that, for better or worse. I'm accustomed to it. I've lived in New York for 8 years now, and I consider myself a progressive. But I understand both sides.

If somebody says something ignorant or hateful, I let them know how I feel about it. If they decide to not associate with me, that's fine with me.

Pretty much this. At some point I know that sports heroes are going to be different than what you think they are. I would let people know that certain things are a big no-no with me because I'm not white. Honestly, I don't really feel a big loss if someone decides not to be cool with me anymore.

I'm almost certain that Watt will not turn into Curt Shilling or Jake Arrieta.

Hopefully.

squicken

Dutch is from Europe. He doesn't understand Republicans. They might as well be the boogeyman.

I grew up around a bunch of old white racists in Texas. They are my family, my friends.

I know that a lot of football players are ignorant, maybe even racist. But I don't bat an eye at that, for better or worse. I'm accustomed to it. I've lived in New York for 8 years now, and I consider myself a progressive. But I understand both sides.

If somebody says something ignorant or hateful, I let them know how I feel about it. If they decide to not associate with me, that's fine with me.

Same. I didn't learn about rural America from Stephen Colbert. I mean I have seen athletes say and do so many stupid things that I just don't care what they think. If they get up to violent crime then I will have a problem if my team isn't getting rid of them

I approach it this way too. I'm not gonna get on a soapbox about it but just shrugging it off also makes me feel terrible inside (not that I'm saying that's what you're doing).

The one thing that's been bugging me since Tuesday is that this whole dialogue I've been seeing about "Not every Trump supporter is racist" feels like it is ignoring that those people are still complicit in his behavior and the outcome of Tuesday and ACTUAL bigots that followed him whether they like it or not or even KNOW it or not.

Draxal

Eh, Geert Wilders is from the Netherlands, Euroland is pretty nasty atm, so I wouldn't say its too foreign a thought for him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

GUYS!!! YOU GUYS!!!

FINALLY I'M SEEING MY TEAM ANNOUNCE WHO THEY ARE!!! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED!!

Top Bottom