• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah it is nuts. All election all we heard was how much money the Dems had, and how organized they were, but my god did they mess things up. Trump visited WI 7 times, Hillary 0. It is like that for all the battleground states. Trump really went after it, he traveled a ton, he did all that crazy twitter stuff, his campaign came up with much better ads, and he got so much free media coverage for his craziness. The dems just tried to coast to the end without breaking a sweat.

In a way it's like his little rallies were a way to guarantee a bunch of voters. You show up, he tells you stuff you want to hear, he makes you feel powerful, and all that shit gets you out to vote.

Clinton doesn't even show up or think to check the polls? Are you kidding me?

bionic77

Switch fever has taken NFL GAF by storm! Mario! Zelda! 2017 is gonna be an amazing year!
It is one of the very few fevers that people will actually pay money to get (the only other one I can think of is jungle fever and that can be an expensive proposition).

Return of the King!

It is going to be so awesome to be schooling you guys in basketball and then taking a break to play NBA2k on the side of the court. Just like the commercial! Try that with your Xbox!

Its finally happening!

Dreams do come true!

Yeah it is nuts. All election all we heard was how much money the Dems had, and how organized they were, but my god did they mess things up. Trump visited WI 7 times, Hillary 0. It is like that for all the battleground states. Trump really went after it, he traveled a ton, he did all that crazy twitter stuff, his campaign came up with much better ads, and he got so much free media coverage for his craziness. The dems just tried to coast to the end without breaking a sweat.

Imagine having to go out and make a concerted effort to convince people to not vote for a fascist white supremacist.

What a time to be alive.

Imagine having to go out and make a concerted effort to convince people to not vote for a fascist white supremacist.

What a time to be alive.

I cant speak for other countries but I feel like this is a recurring theme in America. A party will take control and ignore the middle of America, the people there will become angry and the next party will tell them what they want to hear and they will flip. Hillary didnt need to go to places like WI to convince them not to vote for Trump, she needed to convince them to vote for her. And she completely failed to do that.

Generate

Banned
I'm pretty sure that a large part of this was the country is bleeding money at a prodigious rate and steps must be taken to reduce that and get the country back on stable ground. The infrastructure is third world tier (as in soon some part of it is gonna fail spectacularly and injure or kill hundreds of people) and illegal immigrants really are draining the shit out of resources. Something has to change there. The unfortunate part is it also comes with not so progressive social ideals.

bionic77

I'm pretty sure that a large part of this was the country is bleeding money at a prodigious rate and steps must be taken to reduce that and get the country back on stable ground. The infrastructure is third world tier (as in soon some part of it is gonna fail spectacularly and injure or kill hundreds of people) and illegal immigrants really are draining the shit out of resources. Something has to change there. The unfortunate part is it also comes with not so progressive social ideals.
These two things are bullshit.

I do agree that infrastructure is poor but that is because we spend more than every other nation on the planet on a military.

Most of our problems are self created or just a result of globalization.

Gobias

Banned
Obama-Cavaliers-Basketball-1813x1254.jpeg
JR Smith made it to the White house today. There will always be hope

Citation needed.

I can't recall Clinton going anywhere outside of Philly during her campaign here. I think Trump was in the suburbs around Philly three times? Maybe more. Republicans in the ring suburbs really turned out for him. His plan was to flip the state by hitting those suburbs and it worked, and I think all she had to do to counter it was show up. Instead she threw an election eve concert in Philly where she already had the vote :\

Hindl

Nobody ever cites anything on the internet or in politics.

Those people are idiots. If you're going to bring that shit in here you better have a citation. I'll do it for you:

• In 2013, immigration added roughly 0.2 percent to GDP, which translates into $31.4 billion (in 2012 dollars), according to the Economic Report of the President.
  • The average immigrant contributes nearly $120,000 more in taxes than he or she consumes in public benefits (measured in 2012 dollars).

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/addressing-common-questions-immigration

Hindl

Is that talking about all immigrants or illegal immigrants? It's well known that legal immigrants are great for the economy. What is the actual impact of illegal immigrants? If it's negative I doubt it's by much.

From the same source:

Unauthorized immigrants paid $11.8 billion in state and local taxes in 2012. This ranged from roughly $3.2 million in Montana, which is home to only 6,000 unauthorized immigrants, to $3.3 billion in California, with an unauthorized population of 3.1 million.

There's nothing about the cost of unauthorized immigrants, but given those numbers I think it's safe to say they're a net positive

From the same source:

There's nothing about the cost of unauthorized immigrants, but given those numbers I think it's safe to say they're a net positive

California number is only $1000 per immigrant. I have no idea what their actual costs are though. I'd just need to see the math.

Even Trump is a supporter for expanding legal immigration, which I suppose is a silver lining. Take what we can get :\

Those people are idiots. If you're going to bring that shit in here you better have a citation. I'll do it for you:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/addressing-common-questions-immigration
This is, fwiw, clearly "legal" (a better word is probably "approved") immigration.

The sort of immigration that makes a lot of conservatives squeamish is the unapproved kind. Supply demand, platitudes, blah blah blah.

Personally, as long as you pay taxes idgaf and don't really see why anyone does. So, uh, not a fan of god emperor trump.

Hindl

This is, fwiw, clearly "legal" (a better word is probably "approved") immigration.

The sort of immigration that makes a lot of conservatives squeamish is the unapproved kind. Supply demand, platitudes, blah blah blah.

Personally, as long as you pay taxes idgaf and don't really see why anyone does. So, uh, not a fan of god emperor trump.

Yeah realized that above. Found numbers on unauthorized immigrants above, but can't find their estimated drain, so it's hard to tell.

Dutch, you should go with the Raiders imo.

Up and coming team, good management, storied tradition.

Also, Dutch Raider sounds like something we should be afraid to type into an image search.

tmdorsey

So basically you choose from the Steelers, Eagles, Falcons and Ravens

Arthur Blank (a.k.a Don Carlone) best owner confirmed!

BG we are finally doing it.

Our shitholes of states helped to ruin this country.

Now are are going to start the healing process.

Via videogames.

I fully support this movement!

1. The Lions
  2. The Bears
  3. The Niners
  4. The Browns
  5. The Chargers
  6. The Raiders
  7. The Falcons
  8. The Panthers
  9. the Texans

7 teams remain.

Dutch,

Falcons-GAF will welcome you with open arms. RBH makes pancakes!

I just learned

Not only do owners tend to lean towards the right, but so does the league's actual PAC. The National Football League PAC, funded primarily by the owners and league brass, (Commissioner Goodell contributes the max amount every year) donates about two-thirds of their money to Republican groups. In the 2016 cycle, $208.5K was earmarked for the right. Liberal causes only saw $88.5K from the NFL's PAC.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimorebeatdown.com/platform/amp/2016/7/29/12299650/the-nfl-is-more-involved-in-politics-than-you-might-think-2016-clinton-trump?client=safari

Hunter S.

I cant speak for other countries but I feel like this is a recurring theme in America. A party will take control and ignore the middle of America, the people there will become angry and the next party will tell them what they want to hear and they will flip. Hillary didnt need to go to places like WI to convince them not to vote for Trump, she needed to convince them to vote for her. And she completely failed to do that.
I thought Nevada counts as middle of America, too?

bionic77

I don't blame people for supporting Republicans for their own self interest.

This election was just different.

Lets leave this stuff behind guys. Time to move onto the Wii Super U, aka the Switch, aka Redemption. Speaking of which why the fuck does Amazon not sell Nintendo consoles? Cmon Nintendo and Amazon! Get along so lazy people can buy your shit!

Chase17

I know that Amazon and Nintendo and some sort conflict in the past but I think that was resolved and their consoles go up there. I'm sure they'll have Switch up for sale once release date/price is announced

Fake edit: But they still haven't put up the NES classic so maybe I am wrong

Real edit: Just saw Gooster's post

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gerry Dulac Verified account
‏@gerrydulac

RB DeAngelo Williams expected to be out up to a month after knee surgery.

W7zRuVW.gif

Top Bottom