• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

squicken

Cw7MmV5XgAYBDXE.jpg:large
]

Steelers are coming off an embarassing loss, playing at home, and trying to get back into the playoff picture.

If they don't show up this week and beat the Cowboys, they're done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
No. 1 NFL draft pick leverage in Browns-Ravens game: If Browns win, they have a 65.0% chance to get first pick; if they lose, 84.8% chance.

WATCH ITTTTT!!!!

Jarnet87

If the Bucs don't win at home against the Bears this weekend the 0-8 home record dream will likely become a reality. The quest to get the best safety in the draft begins it's second leg on Sunday.

squicken

If you are really gung ho on making sure your sports heroes are as ferociously progressive as you are, football is not your sport. Watch basketball

If you are really gung ho on making sure your sports heroes are as ferociously progressive as you are, football is not your sport. Watch basketball

My sports heroes don't need to be ferociously progressive, I just prefer they don't endorse a bigot. Apparently that's too much to ask in 2016

Gobias

Banned

Separating a person's abilities in an entertainment field from their politics is almost always necessary, but it can be a tough thing for people,especially when people use entertainment as a means to distract from reality.

Quotient

My sports heroes don't need to be ferociously progressive, I just prefer they don't endorse a bigot. Apparently that's too much to ask in 2016

The part that sucks is that probably all the owners voted Trump - if you are old, white and rich, they vote republican every time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You guys mixing your sports and politics again?

The only thing you'll find is pain if you want everyone to have the same progressive values that you do.

1/4th of the total voting population voted for Trump so it's gonna be so damn hard to find total purity...in football.

Pepiope

The part that sucks is that probably all the owners voted Trump - if you are old, white and rich, they vote republican every time.
Jeffrey Lurie is no Trump supporter.

As pointed out by CBS Philly, Lurie donated $2,700.00 to Hillary Clinton's campaign for President according to a report published by OpenSecrets.org.

For perspective, Forbes estimates that Lurie's net worth is $1.85 billion which places the Eagles' owner as the 374th wealthiest American.

Lurie's contribution is the largest allowable by law for an individual to make to a political campaign.
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/11/how_much_did_eagles_owner_jeffrey_lurie_donate_to.html

bionic77

It's tough being white in 2016.

You want that change but have to make that tough choice to pick a bigot to be your instrument for it. But you are strong enough to let others pay and sacrifice for your selfishness and interests.

I personally don't care about the politics of the players I root for.

Dutch is from Europe. He doesn't understand Republicans. They might as well be the boogeyman.

I grew up around a bunch of old white racists in Texas. They are my family, my friends.

I know that a lot of football players are ignorant, maybe even racist. But I don't bat an eye at that, for better or worse. I'm accustomed to it. I've lived in New York for 8 years now, and I consider myself a progressive. But I understand both sides.

If somebody says something ignorant or hateful, I let them know how I feel about it. If they decide to not associate with me, that's fine with me.

Top Bottom