• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

bionic77

Is there any owner or ownership family that we can confidently say didnt support trump besides the rooneys?

Maybe Shad?
NBA sounds better every fucking day of the week.

Switch and NBA. I dare anyone to say no to that combination.

I dare you!

Line_HTX

Why is Nintendo making it hard for me to give them money?

Because they are minimalist cowards. They can't even gauge demand correctly because they always think nobody is going to buy their stuff, and boom, everything sells out in under one hour. Fucking suck at selling their products.

Fox318

Because they are minimalist cowards. They can't even gauge demand correctly because they think nobody can buy their stuff, and boom, everything sells out in under one hour. Fucking suck at it.

bingo.

They had no guts with the Wii and after it.

Now they simply don't have the capability to make a modern tech hardware device or the programming skills to create and manage a modern gaming/platform infrastructure.

They have 3 options if they really wanted to evolve instead of this slow death:

• Go third party
  • Sell the company to somebody like Apple, Samsung, Google, or anyone with the grunt to get a modern system done.
  • Work with a company like a Valve to integrate their services into their device and offload the support and maintenance to them.

Bread

Banned
What the fuck is this?

Just because he won an election doesn't mean we have to stand aside and let them do whatever they want.

When Obama won the Repubs sole goal was to make him fail to get the WH back. They never stopped attacking. And Obama's agenda was to improve the economy, end the wars and give everyone health insurance. If these stupid fucks could not support Obama for that you think we have to just take whatever the Trumps come up with?

Now is the time to organize and make his life hell on anything that is bullshit. Not even the Browns ever gave up.
I didn't say anything about standing aside and letting them do whatever lmao. I'm just saying that this witch hunt shit you're doing with every rich white NFL person isn't doing anything.

Tom Penny

bingo.

They had no guts with the Wii and after it.

Now they simply don't have the capability to make a modern tech hardware device or the programming skills to create and manage a modern gaming/platform infrastructure.

They have 3 options if they really wanted to evolve instead of this slow death:

• Go third party
  • Sell the company to somebody like Apple, Samsung, Google, or anyone with the grunt to get a modern system done.
  • Work with a company like a Valve to integrate their services into their device and offload the support and maintenance to them.

Wii has covered any mistake they can make for a while. The profit margins on that console had to be absolutely ludicrous. Like making massive profits right out the gate.

I didn't say anything about standing aside and letting them do whatever lmao. I'm just saying that this witch hunt shit you're doing with every rich white NFL person isn't doing anything.

Not every rich white NFL person is literally going to his tower

@ZekeJMiller
Pool:
Steve Mnuchin and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft just walked in to Trump Tower at about 1:52 pm.

You've reached the Condone stage of evil

Bread

Banned

@ZekeJMiller
Pool:
Steve Mnuchin and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft just walked in to Trump Tower at about 1:52 pm.

i've reached the "i understand that every rich white person in the NFL loves trump and there's nothing i can do about it" stage.

bionic77

@ZekeJMiller
Pool:

It is also a lot harder to find excuses for the rich white guy.

There is really no good explanation for the letter, the hat, not visiting Obama, the pressure in the balls, or the total bitchflop on going silent on your racist vote when you become afraid of being called a racist (but doing racist shit is a-ok).

Fox318

Wii has covered any mistake they can make for a while. The profit margins on that console had to be absolutely ludicrous. Like making massive profits right out the gate.

yet nobody wants to work with them except Ubisoft for 1 year and I don't know a single young child with a Nintendo system right now.

You are gonna have an entire generation raised on iOS/Android games and Minecraft.

All while Nintendo releases products that every year reach a smaller and smaller audience.

Fox318

@ZekeJMiller
Pool:

Its kinda crazy how this election proved that if somebody promises you a 2-5% tax cut how people will turn a blind eye to things like the subjugation of anyone with tan skin.

Bread

Banned
Its kinda crazy how this election proved that if somebody promises you a 2-5% tax cut how people will turn a blind eye to things like the subjugation of anyone with tan skin.
Hasn't that always been the case? This was well known far before this election,

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL at this Motorsport Manager random event:

UFszn8c.png

Whenever the football version comes out, there better be a Spygate random event!

There is really no good explanation for the letter, the hat, not visiting Obama, the pressure in the balls, or the total bitchflop on going silent on your racist vote when you become afraid of being called a racist (but doing racist shit is a-ok).

Bright side is they don't get to do the "we did this FOR OUR CHILDREN!!! FUTURE!!!!" shit excuse much longer to excuse them voting for these people.

If you think I'm exaggerating about them not getting to use that excuse much longer, think about how disastrous minimum 4 years of inaction on climate change will be. There won't be much more generations left to exist that we can realistically consider preserving.

BigAT

It's Brady and Kraft, what makes you think subjugating brown people wasn't a plus?

cdyhybrid

Don't forget illegally videotaping things, eavesdropping on headsets, bugging locker rooms, and stealing playbooks.

Bright side is they don't get to do the "we did this FOR OUR CHILDREN!!! FUTURE!!!!" shit excuse much longer to excuse them voting for these people.

If you think I'm exaggerating about them not getting to use that excuse much longer, think about how disastrous minimum 4 years of inaction on climate change will be. There won't be much more generations left to exist that we can realistically consider preserving.

San Diego being underwater is just the result of natural ebbs and flows! Climate change is a hoax! China even drowned their own cities to keep up the hoax!

bionic77

yet nobody wants to work with them except Ubisoft for 1 year and I don't know a single young child with a Nintendo system right now.

You are gonna have an entire generation raised on iOS/Android games and Minecraft.

All while Nintendo releases products that every year reach a smaller and smaller audience.
I only know one person with a U but I know a ton of kids and families with DS and 3DS.

Most kids are definitely addicted to iPads but I never see them actually playing games on them. They are always watching videos (often which consist of some loser playing Minecraft).

Also the Wii was not that long ago. Nintendo got all the bitches, casuals and even some gamers to buy it. And got even more people with the DS. It is not like they forgot Nintendo in the past 6 years. As always it is about the games. If the Switch has a few hits it will sell well enough. I personally don't care if it has the latest shitty Ubisoft or AAA game on it, but I can imagine the console poors will use that for their excuse for why they won't buy it.

Realistically there are no more safe paths for console gaming. Sony and MS have gotten people to pay premiums for low end PCs, but that market is incredibly ripe for disruption. If someone ever gets Madden, FIFA and a few shooters on a cheap ARM box shit will fall apart real quick.

Bread

Banned
Facts are the best

Fact: Breadstream is the #1 streaming service for males and females between 18-25 who want to fuck
Fact: Yeezy yeezy yeezy just jumped over jumpman

To be 100% transparent, I did not vet that statement and cannot guarantee its veracity. That screencap merely came across my Twitter feed.

BUT

I'm pretty sure we could all believe some NFL exec said that shit so, let's just take it as fact.

EDIT: Yeah, it's legit

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
CxazsYgXUAcDozF.jpg

NFL to bring back Jacked Up confirmed

Can we have NFL Blitz back?

edit: On a more serious note, people should have known what they were getting before CTE came out as a big thing. Football isn't exactly a touch sport and obviously people get hurt or serious injuries. Like, what did people expect to happen when players get 17 concussions?

The idea that this is actually impacting ratings seems kinda dubious to me (especially since we just elected a president based on the merits of "fuck everyone else but me").

Doomsayer

I still don't think ratings are down because of concussions, maybe they contribute, but injuries aren't the main cause.

It's seriously just because the NFL is garbage right now, especially with how limited regions are in regards to games. If you have Sunday Ticket that doesn't matter, but for people who don't you normally get 4 games on Sunday with maybe 1 of them being competitive. Thursday night games are almost ALWAYS terrible, and MNF has 1 good matchup a year. It's pretty simple.

Also, cord cutting doesn't count towards ratings, right? What about Redzone?

MechDX

I still don't think ratings are down because of concussions, maybe they contribute, but injuries aren't the main cause.

It's seriously just because the NFL is garbage right now, especially with how limited regions are in regards to games. If you have Sunday Ticket that doesn't matter, but for people who don't you normally get 4 games on Sunday with maybe 1 of them being competitive. Thursday night games are almost ALWAYS terrible, and MNF has 1 good matchup a year. It's pretty simple.

Neilson only uses cable, satellite and OTA right for ratings?

bionic77

I think it was mostly the election.

We have had garbage seasons before.

That said the NFL has probably peaked. You can't grow forever. Just ask a 40 year old sconi. Everything has a limit, even obesity.

Doomsayer

Neilson only uses cable, satellite and OTA right for ratings?

I'm honestly not 100% sure on that.

I think it was mostly the election.

We have had garbage seasons before.

That said the NFL has probably peaked. You can't grow forever. Just ask a 40 year old sconi. Everything has a limit, even obesity.

It has definitely peaked, but that doesn't mean the product has to be pure garbage. When you have 12-16 games a week and 9 of them are hot trash it really kills a lot of the enthusiasm for next week.

Yes, directly. The team identity is predicated on the offense being dominant and that's impossible when the qb plays like shit. Don't forget that Baltimore dropped 3 sure interceptions, either.

I'll look up the home/away stats for Ben when I get home. It's ridiculous.

Yup. Also you can't dominate when you spend 5 games a season injured. may as well be 6, as Ben always plays like trash his first game back. The road to the Super Bowl lies in the first and second seed. Ben has the Steelers at a handicap every year with missed games and at least one downright bedshitting a season. Two if he's injured.

Tom Penny

People are stupid. Transformers broke records at the box office. If people don't want to watch Titans Jags in color rush uniforms they aren't real fans.

this_guy

Thursday night football needs to go. Take MNF off of cable and put it on a broadcast that people don't have to pay for. Let players celebrate.

Ratings will go up.

bionic77

Yup. Also you can't dominate when you spend 5 games a season injured. may as well be 6, as Ben always plays like trash his first game back. The road to the Super Bowl lies in the first and second seed. Ben has the Steelers at a handicap every year with missed games and at least one downright bedshitting a season. Two if he's injured.
Can't dispute that.

He misses like 2-4 games a year.

That definitely hurts us when those games come against cream puffs.

Sanjuro

Kate Upton holding it down.

Kate UptonVerified account
‏@KateUpton
Hey @MLB I thought I was the only person allowed to fuck @JustinVerlander ?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Top Bottom