• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll look up the home/away stats for Ben when I get home. It's ridiculous.

Ben Roethlisberger

Home - 16 TD, 7 Int, 102.4 Rating
Away - 5 TD, 9 Int, 86.0 Rating

Home - 15 TD, 2 Int, 123.8 Rating
Away - 5 TD, 5 Int, 74.2 Rating

He's all world in Heinz Field and Johnny Manziel everywhere else.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think it was mostly the election.

We have had garbage seasons before.

That said the NFL has probably peaked. You can't grow forever. Just ask a 40 year old sconi. Everything has a limit, even obesity.

Yeah eventually once the diabeetus takes hold, you start losing feet

Edit: kinda surprised bionic isn't going in harder on Wisconsin after the election

bionic77

Ben Roethlisberger

I thought we had one more run with this team but if we don't do it this year then eventually Brown has to start getting old and who knows how long Bell can stay healthy.

Might be the end. That said I would onto Ben and start looking for his replacement. We have tried that for the past few years and failed but we have to keep trying.

Ben Roethlisberger

He can't get injured. I honestly think the missed games is his problem. Ben is a rhythm QB. He needs to be in the game to excel. He can't be trying to find his groove again in a division game against the Ratbirds.

bionic77

He can't get injured. I honestly think the missed games is his problem. Ben is a rhythm QB. He needs to be in the game to excel. He can't be trying to find his groove again in a division game against the Ratbirds.
Too many suspensions and injuries on both sides for anyone to get a rhythm.

Still praying that AB gets to play in a Super Bowl. He deserves it. I am still amazed at the final TD between Ben and Brown. The routes and throws they can come up when they are cooking is just unreal.

JABEE

I think it is, I'm from South Jersey and I've never heard of it. Makes sense though, everyone lives up North so if they like it there it'll win most popular. I dunno if it counts but down south it's definitely Wawa
Where in SJ are you from? I've never heard of Blimpie's

JABEE

CxazsYgXUAcDozF.jpg

NFL to bring back Jacked Up confirmed
A nation turned its lonely eyes to Bleacher Report! Only in Trump/Kraft's America.

Too many suspensions and injuries on both sides for anyone to get a rhythm.

Still praying that AB gets to play in a Super Bowl. He deserves it. I am still amazed at the final TD between Ben and Brown. The routes and throws they can come up when they are cooking is just unreal.

We are starving for healthy wideouts right now. Never thought that would happen.

Still, Ben needs to take over the games. Is this guy a franchise QB? Franchise QBs have styled on the Steelers recently with garbage. Hell, waiver wire QBs have styled on the Steelers with JAGs. We need to demand the same of Ben. Brown is healthy, Green is healthy, Rogers is healthy. Less excuses from QB1, more performance.

bionic77

We are starving for healthy wideouts right now. Never thought that would happen.

Still, Ben needs to take over the games. Is this guy a franchise QB? Franchise QBs have styled on the Steelers recently with garbage. Hell, waiver wire QBs have styled on the Steelers with JAGs. We need to demand the same of Ben. Brown is healthy, Green is healthy, Rogers is healthy. Less excuses from QB1, more performance.
The other teams qb doesn't need to style on us.

We can't stop the run. Anyone with a brain will run it down our throats and only throw when we load up on the run.

It is almost impossible to win consistently in the NFL if you can't stop the run. Not sure how we fix this. It all seemed to fall apart once Cam got hurt. Getting worse and not better now.

The other teams qb doesn't need to style on us.

We can't stop the run. Anyone with a brain will run it down our throats and only throw when we load up on the run.

It is almost impossible to win consistently in the NFL if you can't stop the run. Not sure how we fix this. It all seemed to fall apart once Cam got hurt. Getting worse and not better now.

We lack beef on the line, especially with Dupree out. Jarvis is a good run defender when he isn't making mental mistakes, which is often. Still, every game we lost we could have won, with the exception of the Asterisks game (because Ben was out!)

Cam out for the year is massive. We got even skinnier on the line. That said don't fool yourself. Ben playing like shit, or not playing at all, is the main reason we're 4-5.

I'm right outside bordering Philly.

the eagles avatar gives it away.

OK

so...

I'm not the biggest football fan in the world- I pretty much only watch the Eagles, because I'm from the philly area. Everyone seems to be down on the Eagles vs. the Seahawks, but I can't understand why.

The Seahawks have one of the worst run games in the NFL (third worst? second?), and do really badly against teams with good pass defenses.
They scored 12 points on Miami, 3 points vs. the Rams, and 6 points on the cardinals.

The eagles pass defense (in total yards per game allowed) is somewhere between the rams and cardinals- about #7 in the NFL, if i'm reading NFL.com correctly. Shouldn't this be a low scoring game for the seahawks?

The eagles offense on the other hand seems to put up the same amount of points every game no matter who it is they're playing- about 20+ points, the worst being the redskins game where their offensive line just got shredded after Lane Johnson got suspended.

bionic77

We lack beef on the line, especially with Dupree out. Jarvis is a good run defender when he isn't making mental mistakes, which is often. Still, every game we lost we could have won, with the exception of the Asterisks game (because Ben was out!)

Cam out for the year is massive. We got even skinnier on the line. That said don't fool yourself. Ben playing like shit, or not playing at all, is the main reason we're 4-5.
We were 4-1 and styling before Ben and Cam got hurt.

Hindl

I'm right outside bordering Philly.

Yeah I thought I remembered you saying something like that. I've never really been up around there I pretty much spent my childhood just in the area around my town.

the eagles avatar gives it away.

OK

so...

I'm not the biggest football fan in the world- I pretty much only watch the Eagles, because I'm from the philly area. Everyone seems to be down on the Eagles vs. the Seahawks, but I can't understand why.

The Seahawks have one of the worst run games in the NFL (third worst? second?), and do really badly against teams with good pass defenses.
They scored 12 points on Miami, 3 points vs. the Rams, and 6 points on the cardinals.

The eagles pass defense (in total yards per game allowed) is somewhere between the rams and cardinals- about #7 in the NFL, if i'm reading NFL.com correctly. Shouldn't this be a low scoring game for the seahawks?

The eagles offense on the other hand seems to put up the same amount of points every game no matter who it is they're playing- about 20+ points, the worst being the redskins game where their offensive line just got shredded after Lane Johnson got suspended.

Because Century Linc is very hard to win at regardless, and for 3 years running now the Seahawks always start out slow before going god mode in the last two months of the season and make a deep playoff run. They just beat the Pats at home, Russell looks healthy, Baldwin had a huge game, their OL is starting to gel, it's just all adding up to their team coming together. The Eagles could beat the Seahawks, but this season they haven't been the same on the road. Doug and Wentz basically need to not be rookies and act like they were in the beginning of the season. And our DL should be able to bully that OL and get after Wilson. If that doesn't happen we're screwed. If our D steps up, the run game has some success, and Wentz doesn't make mistakes we can win. But it just doesn't look likely.

Because Century Linc is very hard to win at regardless, and for 3 years running now the Seahawks always start out slow before going god mode in the last two months of the season and make a deep playoff run.

I've never been entirely convinced on how much home field advantage actually means. I mean, crowd noise can be distracting and all but good teams tend to win everywhere.

The eagles struggles on the road this year have everything to do with lost balls in the 4th quarter and back to back interceptions in NY right out of the gate, than it does anything about the road per se.

They just beat the Pats at home,

barely. and the pats have a below average pass defense- 18th or 19th. They lean on their offense to put up a lot of points and couldn't. which makes sense because the seahawks defensively are a good team. If the patriots defense was 6th instead of 19th vs the pass, do you think seattle still could have won that game?

The Eagles could beat the Seahawks, but this season they haven't been the same on the road. Doug and Wentz basically need to not be rookies and act like they were in the beginning of the season. And our DL should be able to bully that OL and get after Wilson. If that doesn't happen we're screwed. If our D steps up, the run game has some success, and Wentz doesn't make mistakes we can win. But it just doesn't look likely.

I think they can, certainly. conventional wisdom has NO ONE saying the Eagles have a shot here though, which is just weird to me. And as for the beginning of the season- they were playing two scrub teams that everyone in the NFL has just made a joke out of, then pittsburgh who (as it turns out) are a mediocre team that ALSO airs out the ball too much with no run game.

Last Week's Atlanta game is their best performance of the season, personally.

Striker

Through nearly eight NFL seasons, Barwin has seen a lot of quarterback. So who does he enjoy sacking the most?

“I think the quarterback that I have sacked the most is Eli Manning in our division but really I have to say it’s any of the quarterbacks in our division. I mean, I love Tony Romo, Eli Manning. Probably the top two and Eli just because his reputation, you guys know the kinda faces he makes, the sounds he makes, all that kinda stuff. So I’ve got to probably give it to Eli.”

Says the guy with a haircut like this

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've never been entirely convinced on how much home field advantage actually means. I mean, crowd noise can be distracting and all but good teams tend to win everywhere.

The stats support it in Century Link's case including granular ones on call errors and audibles.

I was surprised on how the stores in Allentown closed so early. Ended up eating a lot of waffle house. But this was 10 years ago

Syrinx

Celebrating a player being a HOF semifinalist is like hanging a banner for making it to the AFC championship game.

You in Allentown?

Thats my spot!

And what is your definition of early?
It was 10 years ago. A group of us had a function out there in Philly and Allentown. Both cities were great to hang out but Allentown their stores closed at 9pm. Us Cali peeps like to venture out late night so Waffle House was the only restaurant near our hotel that was open. We stayed near the airport. Do they still have that theme park out there? We saw it when we drove from Philly to Allentown. I don't know how is it now but the city(Allentown) was nice and quiet.

bionic77

It was 10 years ago. A group of us had a function out there in Philly and Allentown. Both cities were great to hang out but Allentown their stores closed at 9pm. Us Cali peeps like to venture out late night so Waffle House was the only restaurant near our hotel that was open. We stayed near the airport. Do they still have that theme park out there? We saw it when we drove from Philly to Allentown. I don't know how is it now but the city(Allentown) was nice and quiet.
Dorney Park is still in Allentown and it is still la dump. Hershey Park is one of the better parks in the country though. Hershey is like an hour or so south of Allentown.

Its definitely a small city for someone from Cali. The city has changed a lot in the last 10 years. So has Philly. Both have grown tremendously. I feel like that is true of most cities in the US. Still quiet though.

You need a car to live in Allentown. We have a few decent restaurants but New York or Philly it is not!

Bread

Banned
Final NFL standings

Charger: lit
Bucs: lit
Browns: lit
Patriot: fleeky
Stillers: switch
Eagles: didn't do it

Congratulation!

Top Bottom