• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Hindl

I dunno who to blame for the Eagles/Hawks game.

Doug?
D?
Special Teams?
Offense Coord?

Everyone. Doug's playcalling was alright all things considered, he almost immediately lost both Mathews and Sproles, and that's like 75% of the offense. He couldn't rely on his receivers and couldn't do much else. Agholor deserves a shitton of blame, that drop was inexcusable, and if he had gotten on the line that Ertz TD that was called back would've been good. Ertz had a pretty good game. Wentz had a pretty shitty game too. Picks aside, he sailed a lot of passes and was inaccurate. He wasn't the biggest problem with the offense, but he had a bad day. And no bonus points for that garbage time drive.

The D was awful, Jalen Mills got abused hard, both against Baldwin and on that run TD. This vaunted DL completely disappeared against one of the worst OLs in football. Wilson is extremely mobile, but they weren't able to touch him. And then there were all the injuries that just happened. ST played alright, but we got killed by refusing to field a few Seahawks punts.

Just awful game all around. Hopefully no one is hurt too bad on either side. But man I'm not sure we can fix the WR issue in one offseason, especially considering the holes at RB, CB, and OL

mreddie

Everyone. Doug's playcalling was alright all things considered, he almost immediately lost both Mathews and Sproles, and that's like 75% of the offense. He couldn't rely on his receivers and couldn't do much else. Agholor deserves a shitton of blame, that drop was inexcusable, and if he had gotten on the line that Ertz TD that was called back would've been good. Ertz had a pretty good game. Wentz had a pretty shitty game too. Picks aside, he sailed a lot of passes and was inaccurate. He wasn't the biggest problem with the offense, but he had a bad day. And no bonus points for that garbage time drive.

The D was awful, Jalen Mills got abused hard, both against Baldwin and on that run TD. This vaunted DL completely disappeared against one of the worst OLs in football. Wilson is extremely mobile, but they weren't able to touch him. And then there were all the injuries that just happened. ST played alright, but we got killed by refusing to field a few Seahawks punts.

Just awful game all around. Hopefully no one is hurt too bad on either side. But man I'm not sure we can fix the WR issue in one offseason, especially considering the holes at RB, CB, and OL

Bright side: At least it isn't the Chip Kelly years. Beat 3 good teams.
Dark side: Last fuckin place still! 0-3 in the East.

Yall remember a few years ago when the Seahawks beat the cowboys and shango went off? Check out EDP video lmao.

Now we get to see an eagles fan just lose their shit.

Oh man NFC east bros y'all mother fuckers insane.

Hindl

Bright side: At least it isn't the Chip Kelly years. Beat 3 good teams.
Dark side: Last fuckin place still! 0-3 in the East.

I'm optimistic for the future. Wentz is making rookie mistakes but he's coming along. We just so happen to need a RB in a draft class that is historically deep at RB options. Doug is a rookie head coach, but he's been doing alright. We need a few pieces, and if we can hit in the next two drafts we'll be set up. If I could have my dream offseason:

Sign Alshon Jeffery
Resign Bennie Logan
Trade/cut Barwin
Trade/cut Kendricks
Cut Ryan Mathews
Restructure JP's contract, otherwise cut
Draft either Dalvin Cook or McCaffrey
Draft a CB in the 1st 2 rounds
Draft a LB in the mid rounds
Spend the rest of the draft on OL and DL depth

That would go a long way in setting this team up for the future

Every play is the same. Scramble drill hope someone breaks open
Since the start of 2015 the Packers have had 3 OCs on staff (McCarthy, Clements as assistant HC, Edgar Bennett as OC), maybe group think takes over and they have 0 functioning OCs.

Pack offense just plain stinks now? Haven't watched them much this year.
Correct. It's basically the same as the back half of last year, except Lacy's been hurt, so no run game either.

Rodgers is worse, but IMO it's a function of the offense being so bad (he's picked up bad habits) rather than him being the cause. It certainly doesn't help getting out of the rut though.

mreddie

I'm optimistic for the future. Wentz is making rookie mistakes but he's coming along. We just so happen to need a RB in a draft class that is historically deep at RB options. Doug is a rookie head coach, but he's been doing alright. We need a few pieces, and if we can hit in the next two drafts we'll be set up. If I could have my dream offseason:

Sign Alshon Jeffery
Resign Bennie Logan
Trade/cut Barwin
Trade/cut Kendricks
Cut Ryan Mathews
Restructure JP's contract, otherwise cut
Draft either Dalvin Cook or McCaffrey
Draft a CB in the 1st 2 rounds
Draft a LB in the mid rounds
Spend the rest of the draft on OL and DL depth

That would go a long way in setting this team up for the future

It's fun and yet, remember, we were one Jerry Jones away from getting Dak.

We could still win the other 3 division games but my hope is almost gone and hoping for a not trash season.

The line is there and it clicks at times but it doesn't click when it matters.

Packers are so depressing to watch on offense. This is crazy. At least the defense is making some stops.
Honestly wonder what'll happen between Rodgers and the coaching staff once they're 4-7, 4-8. Does he just tell them to pound sand and start drawing up his own plays? Is he already doing that? Wouldn't look any worse, right?

e: Very misleading graphic there, Falcons game was the one competitive one. Rest were garbage time "comebacks".

e2:
They gonna wear out with that crappy offense
Correct.

Hindl

Hey EDP, what do you think about Nelson Agholor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InK_uYxddOg

:)
OMG holy shit lol

It's fun and yet, remember, we were one Jerry Jones away from getting Dak.

We could still win the other 3 division games but my hope is almost gone and hoping for a not trash season.

The line is there and it clicks at times but it doesn't click when it matters.

I think we'll win the 3 division games and the Packers game. They're at home and this is a different team at home. And they could probably sneak one off of either the Ravens or Bengals, finishing 10-6. That's probably not good enough for the playoffs, but we'll end alright. Need a lot of help in the offseason though

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
We will put up 2 dominant TD drives in the 4th quarter once the game is out of hand to get above 25 points and 400 yards of offense.

Another solid offensive performance for the Pack! (or so Mike McCarthy will argue)

it's like clockwork really.

and yep, defense getting tired already lol.

fuckin team :(

Top Bottom