• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

RBH

CyU4STvXgAAWVue.jpg:large

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Punt was a better call than the FG. Tight division, teams right behind you in the WC. You don't give away half a win on a terribly low percentage FG.
Half a win is effectively meaningless in the divisional standings. The only worth while part of a tie is depriving Kansas of a win so that the Broncos, Dolphins and Chiefs all suffer together (while the Raiders benefit). But you play to win, not to lose together.

Half a win is effectively meaningless in the divisional standings. The only worth while part of a tie is depriving Kansas of a win so that the Broncos, Dolphins and Chiefs all suffer together (while the Raiders benefit). But you play to win, not to lose together.

It's not meaningless when you are competing with Miami for a Wild Card slot. It could keep them out of the playoffs. Their chances of winning the division were low no matter what they did there anyway.

MechDX

2017 NFL Draft order right now:

1. Cleveland Browns 0 12 0 0.000 0.576
2. San Francisco 49ers 1 10 0 0.091 0.558
3. Jacksonville Jaguars 2 9 0 0.182 0.529
4. Chicago Bears 2 9 0 0.182 0.542
5. New York Jets 3 8 0 0.273 0.504
6. Cincinnati Bengals 3 7 1 0.318 0.561
7. Carolina Panthers 4 7 0 0.364 0.517
8. Tennessee Titans 4 7 0 0.364 0.488 Via Rams
9. Green Bay Packers 4 6 0 0.400 0.536
10. Arizona Cardinals 4 6 1 0.409 0.45
11. Indianapolis Colts 5 6 0 0.455 0.484
12. San Diego Chargers 5 6 0 0.455 0.566
13. New Orleans Saints 5 6 0 0.455 0.533
14. Tennessee Titans 6 6 0 0.500 0.439
15. Cleveland Browns 5 5 0 0.500 0.541 Via Eagles
16. Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5 0 0.545 0.521
17. Buffalo Bills 6 5 0 0.545 0.467
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 5 0 0.545 0.504
19. Philadelphia Eagles 6 5 0 0.545 0.5 Via Vikings
20. Denver Broncos 7 4 0 0.636 0.525
21. Washington Redskins 6 4 1 0.591 0.546 Wildcard
22. Miami Dolphins 7 4 0 0.636 0.415 Wildcard
23. Kansas City Chiefs 8 3 0 0.727 0.479 Wildcard
24. New York Giants 8 3 0 0.727 0.433 Wildcard
25. Houston Texans 6 5 0 0.545 0.541 AFC South Winner
26. Baltimore Ravens 6 5 0 0.545 0.439 AFC North Winner
27. Detroit Lions 7 4 0 0.636 0.438 NFC North Winner
28. Atlanta Falcons 7 4 0 0.636 0.529 NFC South Winner
29. Seattle Seahawks 7 3 1 0.682 0.479 NFC West Winner
30. New England Patriots 9 2 0 0.818 0.414 AFC East Winner
31. Oakland Raiders 9 2 0 0.818 0.508 AFC West Winner
32. Dallas Cowboys 10 1 0 0.909 0.404 NFC East Winner

http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-draft-order-tracker/

You play to make the playoffs, not to relish in singular victories. The FG was a very low percentage play with very high upside for the Chiefs. Chiefs fans wanted the Broncos to kick the FG there.

That decision hurt the Broncos chances at making the playoffs and had a very low probability of success. It was a shit call.

Line_HTX

Broncos 3rd in the AFC west :D
Broncos currently out of the playoff picture :D

BORK WINS

Not really. It's still a giant dumpster fire here with no end in sight because those two years at 37 M are guaranteed. Honestly, next season might be a total loss too.

This season will only be a great season if the Broncos were gatekept from the playoffs and their season fucking goes up in a giant red ball of flames. It'll be true justice for everything they've done.

Meier

Unbelievably poor decision by Kubiak. Shocking really. Not taking that likely tie could be a major, major difference maker at the end of the season.

Dishwalla

Banned
We got our first winning season since 2002, that's all that matters to me right now. Everything else we do, including potential playoff wins or even winning the AFCW, is just a bonus. Not that I want to see the Raiders start to lose.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's not meaningless when you are competing with Miami for a Wild Card slot. It could keep them out of the playoffs. Their chances of winning the division were low no matter what they did there anyway.

You play to make the playoffs, not to relish in singular victories. The FG was a very low percentage play with very high upside for the Chiefs. Chiefs fans wanted the Broncos to kick the FG there.

That decision hurt the Broncos chances at making the playoffs and had a very low probability of success. It was a shit call.
Miami owning the tie breaker for right now is rather meaningless. They're holding it based on conference record (Miami 5-3 vs Broncos 4-3), which means the Broncos can still catch up since they have 1 extra conference game to still play than Miami. And since the Broncos are guaranteed to win the next tie breaker (common games), they still control their own destiny for the playoffs, even if they aren't technically the 6th seed at the moment (best Miami can do in common games is 2-3 vs the Broncos worst possibility of 2-2). Therefore having a tie here to effectively serve as a tie breaker against Miami isn't essential.

The kick was still stupid and they should have gone for it on 4th down. But a punt wouldn't be the smart choice either, at least not in regards to their playoff hopes vs Miami.

Hunter S.

If the Broncos fail to make the playoffs for the 1st time in 5 years I will be all aboard the Dolphin train, or basically the anyone, but the Raiders and Pats train.

Chefs are not inheretly evil like the other two clubs

So the Panthers are 4-7 through Week 12

Status Update

It: Currently not being done
Possibility of Accomplishing 8-8 Dream: Slim
Grover Cleveland's satisfaction: Minimal

At this point, they might as well legit tank. Doesn't look like the Browns can be caught, but they'll fuck up their pick anyway. No. 2 Pick is the real coveted prize!

Unrelated: Can we kill this narrative that the Panthers were only so good last year because they had an easy schedule? Yeah they played a down NFC East and AFC South, but they were still out there burying teams against a 1st place schedule. In this league, that average margin of victory over a whole season (12 points) isn't possible without being a complete football team. Don't let two games take away from the fact that pretty much everyone who came up against that team got beat down, no matter who they were.

And the team this year is too different to be compared with last years. The offensive line is worse, the QB is worse, the tight end (apparently if yesterday is any indication) is worse, the running backs are worse, the defensive line is worse, the linebackers are hurt, and the secondary is miles worse. It isn't as simple as "Now, that the Panthers are playing a better schedule, they are getting exposed"

Miami owning the tie breaker for right now is rather meaningless. They're holding it based on conference record (Miami 5-3 vs Broncos 4-3), which means the Broncos can still catch up since they have 1 extra conference game to still play than Miami. And since the Broncos are guaranteed to win the next tie breaker (common games), they still control their own destiny for the playoffs, even if they aren't technically the 6th seed at the moment (best Miami can do in common games is 2-3 vs the Broncos worst possibility of 2-2). Therefore having a tie here to effectively serve as a tie breaker against Miami isn't essential.

The kick was still stupid and they should have gone for it on 4th down. But a punt wouldn't be the smart choice either, at least not in regards to their playoff hopes vs Miami.

Denver still has to play the Raiders, Pats, and Chiefs. They're not likely to win out and thus that .5 games would have been useful. Denver may have to hope Miami loses two games now.

I agree that going for it on 4th down was probably the best move, but punting would have been smarter than going for a low percentage FG that put your defense is a terrible position.

Zeke

You'd have to be out your goddamn mind to think Dallas couldn't handle Seattle in the playoffs after that game today.
Story of the season man. Just wait until they play cincy...well wait until GB....I mean wait until they play the Steelers....what I really meant was wait until the ravens game that defense is the real deal...well shit just wait until the skins game they beat GB and put up 42 and ran wild...pfft Dallas hasn't beaten anyone!

Hindl

You'd have to be out your goddamn mind to think Dallas couldn't handle Seattle in the playoffs after that game today.

It's like how a cowboys fan could rightly say a team that torches their secondary next week wouldn't necessarily do it in the playoffs because they'll have claiborne and church back. Seattle's OL and ET got decimated in the eagles game but they'll be back for the playoffs

Good morning everyone

Exactly where we need to probably to get my boy Raekwon McMillian.. excellent :)

But Philly.. fuck up a few more times pls... I'd like to be sure..
Peppers will bust

Story of the season man. Just wait until they play cincy...well wait until GB....I mean wait until they play the Steelers....what I really meant was wait until the ravens game that defense is the real deal...well shit just wait until the skins game they beat GB and put up 42 and ran wild...pfft Dallas hasn't beaten anyone!
Cincy, ravens, and packers are all having really down years. What makes Dallas's run so impressive is not the teams that they beat, but rather that they are doing it with a rookie qb.

Tom Hanks loves the Cleve, that is all.

Also

BF Purchases:
Hitman
Skyrim
Virginia

Can't wait to ignore these games, it's gonna be dope.

Greg

Cincy, ravens, and packers are all having really down years. What makes Dallas's run so impressive is not the teams that they beat, but rather that they are doing it with a rookie qb.
we've seen what an o-line can do for a QB though

MVP Cam looks like... well...

The one thing I take from this weekend is the Giants will end up with a better record (it looks like) than 9-7 so maybe their postseason bullshit won't pass if they get their winning out now.

Peppers will bust
After the Game... I'm not sure I am liking him as much as I did going to the game. He has issues with his temper (getting into a physical confrontation with a fan.. Thank god Kerry Coombs was there to shut that down as much as he did because that would have been a mess.) his alleged off the field issues (no real evidence outside of an article or two so I won't talk about them here. It's still disconcerting) and his need to shittalk people and let them get in his head like Odell (him taunting the stands after his pick Saturday.. that goes back to people taunting him on twitter about it.. he can't let shit go. That's a red flag to me)

I would almost bet that Cleveland passes on him and looks to trade down or just pull the trigger on a QB (which I hope they don't.) I won't necessarily be upset if they decide not and just get BPA.

Top Bottom