• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

Bread

Banned
if you put this years cowboys team up against the 1994 cowboys but then also put the 1997 broncos on the field who would come out the victor?

Heh, on that note, Thanksgiving did bring up an interesting sports discussion. If you put the Cleveland Browns against the Alabama Crimson Tide right now, who would win?
Cleveland would still.. but as people said when people said Ohio State v Cleveland came up.. they could probably gameplan for Kessler.

For the record, I think Cleveland would win. But it would be closer than people expect. Basically I think 'Bama could cover a spread.
How big a spread? If it were 20 points.. maybe? I wouldn't put money on it still..

saw Dr. Strange this weekend and the trailer for the new XXX came before and man Vin looks old as shit. Especially hanging around all of these "xtreme sport rave youths". It was like "How do you do fellow kids?" in action movie for. Vin can't go anymore.

Tom Nook

zejNHs4.gif

Seriously, if the Ravens make the playoffs and he keeps it up, he deserves at least one MVP vote. Not the award, but at least one vote.

This is NeoGaf

saw Dr. Strange this weekend and the trailer for the new XXX came before and man Vin looks old as shit. Especially hanging around all of these "xtreme sport rave youths". It was like "How do you do fellow kids?" in action movie for. Vin can't go anymore.

Him doing the skateboard tricks was hysterical. That definitely looks like a movie that will be unintentionally funny. Crazy that he is 50 years old ride around on a skateboard.

Pepiope

Eagles seem to play way better at home though
Their defense ya.

I'm 100% okay with the idea of bringing in 5 new WRS next year.

Matthews isn't going to be worth whatever money he wants with all his critical moment drops, DGB still looks like he doesn't give a fuck about football, and the rest of the WRS just suck.

Realistically JMATT and Aggy stays for next season, but everyone else has to go.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cleveland would still.. but as people said when people said Ohio State v Cleveland came up.. they could probably gameplan for Kessler.

How big a spread? If it were 20 points.. maybe? I wouldn't put money on it still..

Yeah I think the Browns would slaughter Alabama.

Doesn't peak human strength occur at like age 30 for lifelong athletes?

I mean the Crimson Tide would be outclassed at 98% of the positions one v one in pure measurables.

Their defense ya.

I'm 100% okay with the idea of bringing in 5 new WRS next year.

Matthews isn't going to be worth whatever money he wants with all his critical moment drops, DGB still looks like he doesn't give a fuck about football, and the rest of the WRS just suck.

Realistically JMATT and Aggy stays for next season, but everyone else has to go.

I really dont know that Aggy is a lock to come back. If the sports psychologist doesnt work out for him I could see the Eagles parting ways with him.

Untrue. Watch tonight. Eagle receivers will either not get any separation or they will drop passes all night long.

Paul Turner will light the world on fire! You watch.

Not really. I think it will be interesting to see Jordan Matthews outside though. It seems like they've been sticking with him in the slot just because that's where he played under Chip, not that he didn't have the skill set to be an outside receiver. If Agholor doesn't play this team doesn't get worse. Matthews outside and Turner in the slot.

I think Turner could take over either kickoff or punt return duties as well. Sproles is coming off an injury and they might want to take it easy with him, and I don't know if they want to put Smallwood in for returns because he's likely going to be their primary running back. Turner took one to the house in the preseason and frankly made it look easy, although I think that was in week 4 so not THAT huge a deal either.

I really dont know that Aggy is a lock to come back. If the sports psychologist doesnt work out for him I could see the Eagles parting ways with him.

He's a lock because it will cost more to cut him than it will to keep him.

Hindl

I mean the Crimson Tide would be outclassed at 98% of the positions one v one in pure measurables.

Yeah a lot of people just think "lol Browns", but seriously, the best College team in the world is no match for the worst NFL team. The conditioning and talent is just on another level, yes even if you're the browns. Browns would eat Bama alive

Costs too much to cut him this year. Maybe next year

Pepiope

He has the tools to be a good WR. Hopefully the drops are just in his head and he will come back strong. Philly is a pretty tough place to screw up though, fans let him know.

If the Eagles cut Aggy after June 1st they would take a $3m cap hit, compared to $2.5m if they keep him on the roster. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nelson-agholor-16744/

If he continues to suck I have no doubt they would eat the $500k and just be done with him.
They'd lose 500k plus whatever it costs to replace him. Howie isn't going to screw the cap like that.

He has the tools to be a good WR. Hopefully the drops are just in his head and he will come back strong. Philly is a pretty tough place to screw up though, fans let him know.

They'd lose 500k plus whatever it costs to replace him. Howie isn't going to screw the cap like that.

The Philadelphia Eagles have $11m in unspent cap space this year, Nelsons $500k plus a few million for a much better player would not make the slightest difference at all.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

MechDX

It is. But not as dumb as Houston overpaying for an unproven QB.

Elway at the very least probably feels like he dodged a massive bullet

Yeah hindsight is 20/20 just dont act like he knew it would be this bad. Media uses that narrative now and its sickening

bionic77

zejNHs4.gif

Seriously, if the Ravens make the playoffs and he keeps it up, he deserves at least one MVP vote. Not the award, but at least one vote.
Is he the best kicker of all time? You can definitely make a pretty good case for it.

But that said, he better work a little harder on his swag game (even at the expense at the kicks) if he wants to get some MVP votes.

Some inspiration for that stupid fuck (who plays for a bunch of criminals, what a bunch of a cheating assholes):

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

Yeah hindsight is 20/20 just dont act like he knew it would be this bad. Media uses that narrative now and its sickening

Sorry, I was mostly going for the "feels like he dodged a bullet" mindset with the Elway picture. Not necessarily that Elway was some genius.

jbug617

Banned
RG3 and his girlfriend got robbed in the team parking lot yesterday after the game. They valet the car and had left their wallet and purse inside thinking it would be safe in the team parking lot.

MechDX

Sorry, I was mostly going for the "feels like he dodged a bullet" mindset with the Elway picture. Not necessarily that Elway was some genius.

No problem. Just tired (since the off season) of the sucking off of Elway and now Brock has thrown fuel on to the fire

If the Eagles cut Aggy after June 1st they would take a $3m cap hit, compared to $2.5m if they keep him on the roster. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nelson-agholor-16744/

If he continues to suck I have no doubt they would eat the $500k and just be done with him.

You are reading this wrong. If they cut him next season they have $4.6m of dead cap to pay. If they keep him on next season he's got a cap hit of $2.5m, which is $2m less toward the cap. They aren't going to increase the cap hit by $2m by cutting him next season. They'd be better off keeping him as a backup for that price. Next year is the tightest they'll be up against the cap for a long while because they've got Bradford's money in there still.

You are reading this wrong. If they cut him next season they have $4.6m of dead cap to pay. If they keep him on next season he's got a cap hit of $2.5m, which is $2m less toward the cap. They aren't going to increase the cap hit by $2m by cutting him next season. They'd be better off keeping him as a backup for that price. Next year is the tightest they'll be up against the cap for a long while because they've got Bradford's money in there still.

If you highlight dead cap for 2017 if says $3.4m after June 1st if he is cut. Is that not correct?

Zeke

Man fitzmagic, hoyer, schaub and rosencopter ahead of Brock is just...I really have no words. Stay strong mech one day you'll have a qb that's worth a shit.

I think 'Bama could stay within 20-25 points of Cleveland.
I could see that.. if the spread was 30? Yeah I'm running to the bank and putting everything I own on that.

I am not 100% Dr. RBH would probably have a better answer for the human body part.

However.. when one considers the hypothetical college team vs NFL team matchup.. they need to remember that this was once a thing and generally the NFL players blew the college players the hell out especially in the later years.

If you highlight dead cap for 2017 if says $3.4m after June 1st if he is cut. Is that not correct?

It's correct, but doing it post June 1st means you can't use any of the money in free agency because it's still on the books until that time. You have to adhere to the salary cap until June 2nd, so that free money can't actually be used to pick anyone up. Cutting post June 1 frees up an extra $1m than cutting him pre-June 1, but that can't be used to sign a player so there's literally no reason to do it.

Jarate

Banned
Im starting to change my tune on the Packers O-line tbh. Yes, this is probably the best, but their stats are inflated because nobody should ever blitz the Packers, and most teams just rush 3-4. It's super easy to block really simple pass rushes.

Rodgers has been worse, but is not the issue. When teams run the same defense literally every week, it's a coaching issue at that stage.

Farooq

Banned
I think I am going to make All-22 gifs of every pass play in tonight's game (when the coaches film comes out). I feel like this game can offer a lot for discussion.

MechDX

Don't put that evil on mech!

After the team gets its ass handed to them in GB with another stellar Osweiler performance the shit will hit the fan in Houston. As I read on Twitter this morning :"O'Brien should just say fuck it, insert Savage and go out in a blaze of glory like Kubiak/Schaub in 2013"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I'm going to take this week off from NFL football with the Browns on the bye week.

I just need a recharge before returning to tell you all how we (mostly BG) did it.

I'd say I'd go outside but it'll probably be cold on Sunday.

MechDX

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 21h21 hours ago
It will not surprise me to see Bill O'Brien pursue Notre Dame job rather than be stuck coaching Osweiller again next year.

Lance ZierleinVerified account
‏@LanceZierlein
@Jschneider03 there are always whispers about the GM not drafting certain players and. Ow there are whispers about head coach not wanting QB

Lance ZierleinVerified account
‏@LanceZierlein
@buddyholly313 I'm saying there is no way he wants to coach him.

See?? Lance Z agrees. O'Brien didnt want Osweiler

Top Bottom