• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

Story of the season man. Just wait until they play cincy...well wait until GB....I mean wait until they play the Steelers....what I really meant was wait until the ravens game that defense is the real deal...well shit just wait until the skins game they beat GB and put up 42 and ran wild...pfft Dallas hasn't beaten anyone!

It's not that Dallas isn't playing good teams, it's that everyone looks bad after we beat them! 😁

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cairo Santos ‏@cairosantos19 8h8 hours ago

Called the bank shot... just forgot to tell Colquitt. CHIEFS WIN!!
CyVHBUKUkAAKqgi.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After the Game... I'm not sure I am liking him as much as I did going to the game. He has issues with his temper (getting into a physical confrontation with a fan.. Thank god Kerry Coombs was there to shut that down as much as he did because that would have been a mess.) his alleged off the field issues (no real evidence outside of an article or two so I won't talk about them here. It's still disconcerting) and his need to shittalk people and let them get in his head like Odell (him taunting the stands after his pick Saturday.. that goes back to people taunting him on twitter about it.. he can't let shit go. That's a red flag to me)

I would almost bet that Cleveland passes on him and looks to trade down or just pull the trigger on a QB (which I hope they don't.) I won't necessarily be upset if they decide not and just get BPA.

Wait

How does Cleveland not take a QB at #1? The whole purpose of the last draft was to stock up for when they take a QB this year!

Wait

How does Cleveland not take a QB at #1? The whole purpose of the last draft was to stock up for when they take a QB this year!
Because compared to last year.. the top two QBs do not look as strong.

DeShaun Watson had a down year.. he turned up in the end and looked better.. but I'm not 100% sold and Kizer started off good and then went to shit.. I'm not sold on them and don't think they can turn a team around a la Cam or Luck (those players don't come around every year and I am aware of that.. but QB play overall wasn't the biggest issue surprisingly enough.. at least compared to other parts of the team like our shitty secondary..)

Hindl

After the Game... I'm not sure I am liking him as much as I did going to the game. He has issues with his temper (getting into a physical confrontation with a fan.. Thank god Kerry Coombs was there to shut that down as much as he did because that would have been a mess.) his alleged off the field issues (no real evidence outside of an article or two so I won't talk about them here. It's still disconcerting) and his need to shittalk people and let them get in his head like Odell (him taunting the stands after his pick Saturday.. that goes back to people taunting him on twitter about it.. he can't let shit go. That's a red flag to me)

I would almost bet that Cleveland passes on him and looks to trade down or just pull the trigger on a QB (which I hope they don't.) I won't necessarily be upset if they decide not and just get BPA.

If I'm actually reflecting on him, I'm just focusing on the tape. It's just that he's a jack-of-all-trades player with elite athleticism. But he's not going to be rotating between RB/LB/SS/CB at the NFL, he's going to do one of those, most likely safety. And he could be a hybrid I guess in nickel. So while he does everything, I'm not sure he does one thing at an elite level. His coverage skills leave something to be desired and he's got tight hips. It's more a thing where I'm growing wary of elite college players who rely on their athleticism. It's easy to be a dominant player when you're the most athletic guy on the field, but what about when you're not? Because in the NFL, he's going to be going against athletes that are at least as athletic as him, if not more. And if that's the case, is he still a top tier safety? I'm not quite sure. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll be the transcendent player he's expected to be.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Because compared to last year.. the top two QBs do not look as strong.

DeShaun Watson had a down year.. he turned up in the end and looked better.. but I'm not 100% sold and Kizer started off good and then went to shit.. I'm not sold on them and don't think they can turn a team around a la Cam or Luck (those players don't come around every year and I am aware of that.. but QB play overall wasn't the biggest issue surprisingly enough.. at least compared to other parts of the team like our shitty secondary..)

So trading down would be the answer right? I mean if you want a top flight CB you have to move down.

Yeah I looked at the upcoming quarterback prospects on walterfootball

woof

Cincy, ravens, and packers are all having really down years. What makes Dallas's run so impressive is not the teams that they beat, but rather that they are doing it with a rookie qb.

Ravens are in 1st place and bouncing back from an injury-plagued season. Not sure why they're listed here.

I am surprised to see the Packers, Panthers, Cards and Bungholes all having top 10 draft picks if the season ended today.

Hindl

Florio but still:

League will take a close look at Thursday Night Football

With mounting criticism of the quality of every-week Thursday football, scattered suggestions have emerged in recent weeks that the NFL could pull the plug on the experiment. Those suggestions are stronger than that; per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league will be considering the possibility of ending, or at least limiting, Thursday Night Football.

The current contract with CBS and NBC runs through 2017, which means that changes to the package could be made by 2018 — barring a renegotiation.

If I'm actually reflecting on him, I'm just focusing on the tape. It's just that he's a jack-of-all-trades player with elite athleticism. But he's not going to be rotating between RB/LB/SS/CB at the NFL, he's going to do one of those, most likely safety. And he could be a hybrid I guess in nickel. So while he does everything, I'm not sure he does one thing at an elite level. His coverage skills leave something to be desired and he's got tight hips. It's more a thing where I'm growing wary of elite college players who rely on their athleticism. It's easy to be a dominant player when you're the most athletic guy on the field, but what about when you're not? Because in the NFL, he's going to be going against athletes that are at least as athletic as him, if not more. And if that's the case, is he still a top tier safety? I'm not quite sure. He'll be good, but I don't think he'll be the transcendent player he's expected to be.
See.. you hit another concern that I have with him. Are we in love with his athleticism so much that we are ignoring other things about him. Now for example.. everyone compares him to Charles Woodson.. and Charles (even today at his age..) was an astounding athlete, but Charles had something that Jabril doesn't have in comparison to Charles in my opinion.. instinct.

Charles had that amazing instinct to allow him to play every position in the secondary which combined with his athleticism was astounding. He would be able to pick up a play and strike and make a positive impact.

Jabrill has that instinct.. but compared to Charles.. no way.. and that's why another concern that I have.

If they want to look Jabrill to play secondary.. then they need to look at Ohio State.. and draft Malik Hooker if they want a solid player at safety. I am a big fan of Malik.. Big. He is a solid athlete and can make amazing plays.. he will be a very good player for whichever team that drafts him.

So trading down would be the answer right? I mean if you want a top flight CB you have to move down.

Yeah I looked at the upcoming quarterback prospects on walterfootball

woof
Yup.. i almost would want the Browns to say fuck it next year and roll out Kessler again and wait to see about Lamar Jackson..

Can we just give him the Heisman still because goddamn he had an amazing season.

Hindl

Man I really don't know how the Eagles should draft. I really hope Corey Davis falls to them in the 2nd. If they could get Dalvin Cook in round 1 and Davis in round 2 I think that would be enormous for their offense. Pair them with a tier 2 FA WR (Britt, Floyd, etc.) and the offense would at least be mediocre. I hope they could wait till 3rd round to draft a CB, but if Tabor is there in round 1 or Sidney Jones in round 2 I feel like they have to pull the trigger.

The league made $450 million per year for TV contracts for just 10 of the Thursday Night games. It doesn't matter how much sense it makes, it will take quite a bit to override that.

Yeah I doubt it happens, but if ratings are down for TNF, they might get less money for the contracts when it's time to renegotiate and decide to push those games elsewhere. Or, like the article says, maybe just make Thursday night games start with Thanksgiving and continue it through December.

Sephzilla

Thanksgiving weekend made me realize that one of my Uncles is an insufferably bad Aaron Rodgers fanboy to the point where he gets personally offended if anyone says anything bad about him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thanksgiving weekend made me realize that one of my Uncles is an insufferably bad Aaron Rodgers fanboy to the point where he gets personally offended if anyone says anything bad about him.

That's ridiculous

I'd love to know if there have been any other quarterbacks on pace to be the GOAT who have suddenly shit the bed so spectacularly as Rodgers?

Hindl

There's no reason to believe this considering how it seems the team has given up on McCarthy and the Eagles defense is otherworldly at home, but I can't shake this feeling that tonight is Rodgers' comeback game.

Sephzilla

That's ridiculous

I'd love to know if there have been any other quarterbacks on pace to be the GOAT who have suddenly shit the bed so spectacularly as Rodgers?

To be fair, Rodgers has seemingly recovered in the last few weeks and seems to be back to normal. But he was absolutely dog shit the first third of the season. Which likely means he's due to stink it up tonight since the Packers are probably gonna get spanked for the 3rd week in a row. I still think part of his struggles are due to McCarthy's play calling. The offense can't get any kind of consistency going because McCarthy insists on making the run game happen.

On the topic of Rodgers - it was Jermichael Finley who kind of called him out as a stats focused QB, wasn't it? If Rodgers' is actually a bit of a stat-padder I wonder if that explains why Rodgers took so many sacks early in his career instead of trying to make some tight throws.

I can't believe that the Broncos lost that game last night. The Chiefs were helped along by some boneheaded penalties committed by the Broncos but they smacked them in the mouth when it counted. They gave up three scoring drives in a row last night.

I had a freaking meltdown last night.

The Packers D is giving up close to 40 points per game over their last 4. Rodgers has not been as good this year as previous years but a lot of that could be due to him feeling more pressure. The Eagles terrible offense is just what the Packers defense needs to get well, and that should take a lot of the pressure off of Rodgers.

Line_HTX

To be fair, Rodgers has seemingly recovered in the last few weeks and seems to be back to normal. But he was absolutely dog shit the first third of the season. Which likely means he's due to stink it up tonight since the Packers are probably gonna get spanked for the 3rd week in a row. I still think part of his struggles are due to McCarthy's play calling. The offense can't get any kind of consistency going because McCarthy insists on making the run game happen.

At least he's back over 300 yards.

Sephzilla

The Packers D is giving up close to 40 points per game over their last 4. Rodgers has not been as good this year as previous years but a lot of that could be due to him feeling more pressure. The Eagles terrible offense is just what the Packers defense needs to get well, and that should take a lot of the pressure off of Rodgers.

On the flip side - the Packers defense in Philly could also be exactly what the Eagles offense needs right now too. Packers vs Eagles/Texans is basically the movable object vs the stoppable force. I legitimately believe a college team could score on the Packers right now. They're that bad.

Heh, on that note, Thanksgiving did bring up an interesting sports discussion. If you put the Cleveland Browns against the Alabama Crimson Tide right now, who would win?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

On the topic of Rodgers - it was Jermichael Finley who kind of called him out as a stats focused QB, wasn't it? If Rodgers' is actually a bit of a stat-padder I wonder if that explains why Rodgers took so many sacks early in his career instead of trying to make some tight throws.

He's simply missing easy throws now and not seeing open players...stat whoring or not. That's really the biggest takeaway to me about our offense. He has the best o-line that he's had in years and it's going to waste.

I also don't trust the stats for the last few games because there's a whole lot of garbage time in there.

Line_HTX

The only way this awful play-calling, management, protection, unwatchable shit ends painlessly is if they lose out the rest of the way by getting blown out.

Sephzilla

He's simply missing easy throws now and not seeing open players...stat whoring or not. That's really the biggest takeaway to me about our offense. He has the best o-line that he's had in years and it's going to waste.

I also don't trust the stats for the last few games because there's a whole lot of garbage time in there.

Honestly, Rodgers has always had a bit of an issue with not seeing wide open receivers. That was always a huge reason he took a lot of sacks for the first few years.

Also you're right about the garbage time stats.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Giving Tom Savage the start against Green Bay would be the perfect game to get his feet wet.

But nah, let's keep the worst QB in the league under center.

Giving Tom Savage the start against Green Bay would be the perfect game to get his feet wet.

But nah, let's keep the worst QB in the league under center.

If Brock fails so hard that he gets permanently benched, people are losing their jobs. It's a fucked situation and the only way is getting better is if Brock improves.

MechDX

People are going to be saying Brock redeemed himself after he surgically destroys the Packers secondary. Mark my words.

Dude the Chargers had the 28th ranked passing defense.....he just cant hit the broadside of the barn, locks on to Hopkins all too often, overthrows 80% of his passes but he does have impeccable hair.

If Brock fails so hard that he gets permanently benched, people are losing their jobs. It's a fucked situation and the only way is getting better is if Brock improves.

The owner mandated to sign a QB. Who fires the owner?

Media keeps saying it was a "group effort" owner/GM/HC but I still dont buy it. O'Brien was never afraid to yank a QB the last two years now he suddenly is? he has made some underhanded comments towards Brock in post game pressers this year and much like Belichik he delivers messages via the media.

Im almost 100% convinced Savage is his guy but he has been overridden

Sephzilla

Dude the Chargers had the 28th ranked passing defense.....he just cant hit the broadside of the barn, locks on to Hopkins all too often, overthrows 80% of his passes but he does have impeccable hair.

I've just come to accept that any QB can look good against the Packers. Sam Bradford was getting MVP talk after he played them.

Line_HTX

What Aaron needs to do is NOT miss open receivers and overthrow like shit. As demonstrated yesterday, the Texans safeties are nothing more than shitty backups who got the starting job.

I've just come to accept that any QB can look good against the Packers. Sam Bradford was getting MVP talk after he played them.

Vikes had a functional OL then, if those guys had stayed healthy Bradford would still be getting MVP talk because the vikings would still be winning. They have lost to many guys to keep the offense going, which has also forced the D to do to much and now those guys collapse at the end of games every week.

Top Bottom