• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

squicken

CydGWUwWIAApi4a.png:large

Cye3nBNWgAQEjYr.jpg:large

this_guy

Sonic has dollar chili cheese coneys all month but only from 2-4pm. How is someone with a job supposed to take advantage of that?

Sanjuro

Sonic has dollar chili cheese coneys all month but only from 2-4pm. How is someone with a job supposed to take advantage of that?

I think Sonic may be the worst of the major fast food places. I appreciate the variety, but I can't say anything ever was decent to good.

Fox318

Set up a fake business seminar that takes place there.

Tell your boss its some training thing then have him pay for it.

boom.

Hindl

I think Sonic may be the worst of the major fast food places. I appreciate the variety, but I can't say anything ever was decent to good.

Only good thing at Sonic is their slushes, and even those are a sugar bomb. I'm someone that has way too much of a sweet tooth, and even then they made me double take when I first tasted it

Depending on which teams show up.. the Hokies can win.

Is the team that got its ass kicked by Tenn going to show up or the one that beat a good UNC team..

God VT is annoying.. just show up.. that's their biggest problem.
They were also down 30-3 to Georgia Tech at one point... You just never know. My only hope is some transitive property bullshit; VT beat Pitt who beat Clemson.

squicken

What exactly is "points added"?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8379024/nfl-explaining-expected-points-metric

Examples from the article
• From your own 20-yard line, an 8-yard gain on third-and-10 is worth about minus-0.2 EPA because you don't get a first down; the same 8 yards on third-and-7 is worth 1.4 EPA for converting a long third down and keeping the drive alive. EPA knows that not all yards are created equal.

• A turnover on first-and-10 at midfield that is taken back to your own 20 is worth minus-5.5 EPA; a Hail Mary interception at the end of the half from midfield is not nearly as penalizing. EPA knows that all turnovers aren't created equal, as well.

• A 60-yard pass play down to the 1-yard line on third-and-10 is worth 5.7 EPA because it puts you right on the doorstep of scoring. The subsequent 1-yard rushing TD on first-and-goal is worth much less, even though that's the play that actually gets you the six points. Think about which play is more valuable to the offense (not in terms of fantasy football).

Playoff implications of Baltimore/Miami are too much. I take it all back, I don't want to see December games that matter. My heart is too soft!

Line_HTX

I feel like I should skip the Packers game. There's something about all the stuff said this week that really pisses me off, like the level of tone deafness reached a new level.

this_guy

I feel like I should skip the Packers game. There's something about all the stuff said this week that really pisses me off, like the level of tone deafness reached a new level.

I think it's because McCarthy insulted Texans fans by saying Brock "could make all the throws". I mean trash talking is part of the game but you don't go after player's kids or the fans.

tmdorsey

I really need the Falcons defense to get better. I'm afraid the Chiefs are going to have a 50 min TOP in this game Sunday.

effzee

Literally every team passed on Prescott multiple times. Every team could have had him, so playing that game is pretty pointless.

Except the Eagles moved up to #2 in the first round, gave up tons of picks, and made sure they picked him.

So the Eagles skipping on him in later rounds doesn't apply to them. Word out of Eagles camp was after Wentz they really liked Prescott, so say had the Rams taken Wentz instead of Goff, I don't the Eagles are moving up to select Goff.

My point was they had Bradford re-signed and the original plan was to start Bradford while Wentz sits for a season or 2. The freak injury to Bridgewater threw all that out the window but had if the plan was to sit a rookie QB, they could have passed on Wentz, and selected Prescott in rounds 2, 3, or 4.

And similar to Wentz, had he impressed them enough in camp and pre-season, he would be starting.

I'm just thinking how it could have been different. If Wentz is the franchise QB for 10+ seasons then no one is going to look back and care, but looking at it right now the Eagles could have had Prescott + whoever they would pick at #8, the 1st round in 17 from the Bradford deal (to go along with their first round pick), and all the other picks they gave up.

Line_HTX

I think it's because McCarthy insulted Texans fans by saying Brock "could make all the throws". I mean trash talking is part of the game but you don't go after player's kids or the fans.

No, I meant both Brock and BOB's pressers this week. This was like an extra level of insult.

We doing this friend

the season ending loss is coming sooner than later
I have a really bad feeling about this Baltimore game. I know I'm always negative but this just seems like a game the Dolphins will lose. They struggled so much against the Rams and I think Baltimore has just as good a defense, plus the Ravens offense is starting to come on a bit. Getting Tunsil and Albert back is huge but I just don't see the offense scoring more than 17 points and I don't think that'll be enough.

Friend, what is the path to winning this game!?

Top Bottom