• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Dishwalla

Banned
For what now?

ViMl9PD.jpg

10 pm means I still have to suffer through an hour and a half of the Jets/Colts.

Hunter S.

The NFL sure like to force "America's team" on us huh?

5 nationally televised games in a row is fucking ridiculous.

7 total with a small possibility of them getting 8.
They always have, especially if you live in a state close to Texas. I don't appreciate it due to my interest in other NFC teams.

Then again the Broncos have gotten the same treatment lately.

Packers have your back, fellas.

2 down, 8 to go.

PS: Just saw some highlights for this 6'11 greek PG on the Bucks. How the hell did Milwaukee luck into him?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Following the game on my phone and just let out an audible cheer in Target. My wife is ashamed and I don't give a fuck.

Go Chiefs!

Lmao! I was watching Sunday ticket on my phone in Target at the exact same time. And my girl reacted the same exact way..... MvPBerry

Rivera thinking now is the time to ding Cam for not wearing a tie pregame when this cat's been out here wearing

is a joke.

It screams of a coach who feels he's lost the players and made a Mr. Fantastic reach to try and get their attention by disciplining the most visible player on the team over some silly shit.

All that being said, Derek Anderson starting didn't lose them the game. I can't even blame DA for the pick. Like I said yesterday, it was already a personnel mismatch on paper and that's including the players that the Panthers are missing. Without them they had no shot unless they had perfect execution AND the Seahawks came out flat. Well, neither of those things happened. I quit watching at halftime and apparently the team quit playing too.

But...(I'm actually going to be critical of Cam Newton now GASP), the offensive line wasn't actually all that terrible from the 30% of the game that I saw (they were bad, mind you, but relatively speaking...). It was pretty visibly apparent that Cam's checked out for this season. Even on plays where he had relatively clean pockets he was listless, disinterested, bored, and it turned into just an awful performance .

I'm not going to overreact and say that it's time for people (Rivera, Gettleman, Newton) to go, but at the same time, all of their leashes got way shorter for next year.

So my opinions of the week.
Lions looked good like really good during that game.
Packers looked good we will see in the next matchup.
Poor Panthers and Falcons. Bucs may actually take the divsion..
Broncos Defense as always looks great.
Alex Smith actually went deep color me impressed.
Raiders look good as always.
Steelers look good Ravens do too.
Bengals won a game?? -O-
Racists lost lol
Hawks lost Earl :(

Anyway interesting week.

Me on Friday when I heard everyone was picking the Ravens:

They are the seasoned, battle-tested playoff team and the Dolphins aren't. Makes sense. This game will tell us a lot about how much the Dolphins have really grown this year.
Armando on his blog last night:

That was the difference between a veteran team that's won in the past and knows what playing meaningful games in December is about and a team that is still new to success.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article118863103.html

Losers lose.

bionic77

Can someone see what the chance of giant meteor from the sky is for the game in New England?

That is the only thing I can root for even though we really need the Pats to win.

So today had the same referee crew from last season's fiasco with OBJ-Norman. OBJ had a few questionable calls, one a late hit, not called. Apparently one ref told him "Get out of my face" when he was asking for an explanation.

#goodells_nfl

They also crewed the Washington game this year. Wouldn't be surprised if OBJ gets a bunch of reputation calls from them.

Not excusing that for yesterday's game. Ben did what Ben does, and the Giants offense is anemic at this point. Weird thing is give how NFC East contests go I almost can't wait for SNF even if it is a night game. Apparently only the Browns and Niners are worse on offense lol and only above the Niners in TOP.

Bacon

Tough to find two more wins in the giants remaining schedule with the way the offense is playing. Missing the playoffs wouldn't even surprise me at this point.

Hindl

I don't see a single remaining win for the Eagles. May as well enter full tank mode to get higher picks in the 2nd round and up

Top Bottom