• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

Instro

Yeah, Ware showed some good promise earlier in the year, but he has been way off recently. The OL is not blocking well for him, but he should be more productive than he has been.

LOL. Maybe spoke too soon.

I feel like Ehinger going out for the season was when the run game started to trend downhill.

kmfdmpig

What a relief. Sloppy game for the Chiefs, but they held on. Sucks about DJ, however, as he's had a great career and I hope it didn't end tonight.

I feel like Ehinger going out for the season was when the run game started to trend downhill.

It does seem that way, which is surprising as the knock on him was that he was technically sound, but not close to being strong enough for the run game.

Dishwalla

Banned
We out-chiefed the Chiefs on turnovers, something they are good at getting, and we still lost. Tough game.

1st seed down to 5th. Ah well, ride was fun while it lasted.

tebunker

Banned
Chiefs -3 on turnovers (all in their own territory) and still win.

Carr continues to suck against the Chiefs.

Defense for Chiefs rung the bell especially balling out with DJ getting hurt.

Offense looked like it was going to get going again but couldn't quite get over the hill in the second half.

Hope KC can hold on and either get the 1st or 2nd seed. Playoffs in KC would be nice.

Gh5iH0H.gif

This does not bode well for the Raiders, especially if they have to play on the road. Could be a 1 and done. Sort of reminds me of those Peyton Manning Colts teams that hummed on offense but got exposed in the playoffs every year.

Beach

This does not bode well for the Raiders, especially if they have to play on the road. Could be a 1 and done. Sort of reminds me of those Peyton Manning Colts teams that hummed on offense but got exposed in the playoffs every year.
Eh, we were 5-0 on the road before this game. Its obvious Carr was injured and just played through it. We're a tier below the Patriots but this game was always going to be a flaw.
I see us getting out of the first round but if we have to go Arrowhead or Foxborough in the divisional round then shit

Glad Raiders got a long week to recover. I think they will bounce back and run the table.

Chiefs got the win, but they looked mostly shitty. If we meet again in the playoffs, I think it will be a different game.

Carr had a rough game, receivers dropped a ton of balls, botched FG and allowing that punt return killed them. If there is a silver lining, defense finished strong.

Hey NFL stop giving away your script, the commercial for Gameday, When the Cowboys get revenge on the Giants, not will the Cowboys get revenge lol...

Fitts

Totally inexcusable to hand over the win the way we did. Coaching staff is still an issue but won't be called out until we're (back to) losing regularly. Carr's play wasn't on point and I think that shook his confidence to be a leader and override the playcalling when it mattered. (as he's done all season)

Just bad all around -- save for some good defensive plays and the RBs being more than willing to and capable of stepping up to generate the entirety of the offense. Too bad they were never given the opportunity to win this game.

3-0 needs to be the expectation to close out the season now.

Congrats, KC fans. Hope y'all get Johnson back soon.

Sky Chief

That was some Carrbage. Why didn't the Raiders run the ball more? Murray had 103 yds and 1 TD on 22 carries, Carr had 117 yds and 0 TDs on 41 attempts.

4.8 yards rushing per attempt, and Musgrave decides to pass the ball 41 times when Carr obviously isn't right. Musgrave can go fuck himself

Chiefs got the win, but they looked mostly shitty. If we meet again in the playoffs, I think it will be a different game.

Every game is different, but the Raiders look perplexed by the Chiefs. They don't want a third game in Arrowhead.

GG. Hope DJ is OK and Hill winds up in prison

I love DJ dating back to his Texas days. The unsung hero on our D and a massive loss. Father Time is catching up to him. :(

JDHarbs

Feel like the Chiefs are going to start slowing down right before the playoffs.

The schedule is relatively easy outside of Denver the rest of the way which means they could take their foot off the gas pedal, sit key players, etc. which could cost them an upset or two and their division lead.

Eh, we were 5-0 on the road before this game. Its obvious Carr was injured and just played through it. We're a tier below the Patriots but this game was always going to be a flaw.
I see us getting out of the first round but if we have to go Arrowhead or Foxborough in the divisional round then shit

Depends on where you are playing. On the road in Arrowhead, Foxborough, Pittsburgh or even Denver in January is a lot different than going 5-0 on the road in September/October.

kmfdmpig

I love DJ dating back to his Texas days. The unsung hero on our D and a massive loss. Father Time is catching up to him. :(

He's an incredible player and has been a strong leader for the defense for many years. I suspect that next year would have been his last year anyway, but I sure hope this isn't the last he plays. As the all time Chiefs tackle leader he deserves to go out on his own terms.

The Chiefs will have a tough time without him as they have no real replacement. Mauga, March, and now DJ likely all gone for the season is tough to overcome even with Ramik Wilson playing much better than we had anticipated. DJ Alexander will have a tough time trying to fill DJohnson's shoes the rest of the way.

Top Bottom