• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

When Floy tells me "He's the captain now"
source.gif
I am the president though

Bills GM Doug Whaley to WGR 550 on Tyrod Taylor: "He's got 4 more games to write this chapter. Then after this season, like everybody on the team, we're going to do an evaluation and then we'll go from there.

My Raiders takeaway from last night.

10-3. I only expected them to go 9-7 this year, so anything more has them ahead of schedule, in my book. They have two home games (trust me, San Diego is as much a home game as Mexico City), so I expect them to play better ball, in the warmer climates.

I never had them close to winning the conference or even possibly the division, so this talk is still all very premature for me. They're young, and last night, they were missing key personnel, and that makes a difference. Carr didn't look comfortable. Maybe Osemele is his safety blanket and makes him feel safe, and not having him threw him off his game, not to mention the injured hand.

Defense was actually not bad, but again, when you're playing against the Chiefs offense, I wasn't expecting them to be blown out. Defense allowed two TD's and caused two turnovers.

The receivers need to get their shit together though. Far too many dropped catchable balls.

I can still see the team making the playoffs, but not making the super bowl. It's no rush, the team is still very young. It'll take some time. One thing is for sure now. Playing the Raiders is no longer an expected win, for anyone. I see them ending the season with a 12-4 record, which is fucking great.

I mean, hell, there's still a good chance the Raiders claim the division. Still 3 big weeks left.

bionic77

Man we have some low ass standards for President.

Do we just pick the first person we see crying by themselves in an alley?

Cmon NFL-age. We (actually it is more accurate to same a select few) are better than that!

Man we have some low ass standards for President.

Do we just pick the first person we see crying by themselves in an alley?

Cmon NFL-age. We (actually it is more accurate to same a select few) are better than that!

Have you seen the next presdient of the United States? We don't have low ass standards we have zero standards.

Farooq

Banned
I hope Romo goes to the Bills and wins a SB if Tyrod doesn't work out. Hopefully Jerry does the right thing and releases Romo.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
There must be something behind the scenes. He hasn't lit the world on fire but they talk like he's Oswillier or something

Yeah, I don't get it. He's not a franchise QB but Tyrod will go somewhere else and put up decent numbers.

Pride of Detroit had a good article on Matthew Stafford and his MVP candidacy after Carr had a terrible game last night.

Did Matthew Stafford jump Derek Carr in the MVP race on Thursday night?

Earlier in the week, we discussed the current MVP race and where Matthew Stafford stands through 13 weeks. Many believe Stafford was in the top three for four right now, but most had Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr ahead of him.

On Thursday night, Carr had a chance to distance himself from the rest of the pack. A nationally televised game and a rivalry matchup against a divisional opponent for first place in the AFC West. Everything was set up for Carr to prove his legitamacy and he fell flat on his face.

When considering “most valuable player” you also have to consider what kind of help an individual is getting from their supporting cast. Carr has the benefit of the seventh-best rushing attack by DVOA and a top-20 rusher in Latavius Murray. Matthew Stafford has the 29th ranked rushing attack and no running backs aside from Ameer Abdullah—who hasn’t played since Week 2—averaging more than 40 yards per game or 4.0 YPC.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/12/9/13897952/nfl-mvp-race-matthew-stafford-derek-carr-odds

It's absolutely ridiculous to me that voters would have Elliot as the lead MVP candidate. He's had an amazing season, no doubt, but if you take him off that team the Cowboys are still a playoff contender. I would give it to Dak before I would give it to Elliot.

If the Lions finish the season strong, winning 3 out of 4 and going 11-5, Stafford has to get the MVP IMO.

I hate to say Brady, but he shouldn't be available, as he missed 4 games, and of those 4 games, the team still won 3 of them, so how valuable is he? I think it's got more to do with the coaching.

MechDX

MVP should be given the the Cowboys offensive line as a collective unit

Seriously

EDIT: talking about the Cowboys again! Man fuck this season. Football sucks and I blame that giraffe looking motherfucker Osweiler

Line_HTX

Obligatory weekly "There's no one harder on me than myself.

The play starts with me.

We had a good practice today.

We're all in this together. Only me, only you, and everyone else on this team can pull through.

We're gonna fight til our last breath, and it starts with me, because there's no harsher critic other than myself...."

Etc. etc.

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif

Top Bottom