• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

mr2xxx

Banned
If the defender was already committed to a tackle before the QB begins his slide, is it still a penalty?

No, Cam waited a little too long on that slide. But to Cams benefit, the refs are typically extra cautious and would call that anyways for other QBs.

Gigglepoo

Well that was taunting so I have no problem with that penalty, but it's getting absurd what is and isn't a penalty. Brees got a bs call yesterday when so many bigger hits to QBs go unflagged

The flag late in the game where Brees was being sacked and another dude hit him? Because that was helmet-to-helmet. Looked legit to me.

Defender went after his mid-section, Cam slid into the hit to the head. How is that a penalty on the defender?

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers

All get that call. Letter of the law or not, they get the call.

All I want to see is equal protection from a league claiming to be all about player safety. Especially for a man that is the defending MVP of this league.

Sephzilla

My 2 cents;

1) The helmet hit is kind of irrelevant since Cam was a committed runner at that point and waves some of the safeties of a quarterback.

2) The defender had started his tackle attempt before Cam began his slide. Cam took too long to commit.

3) It was absolutely taunting

Slurmer

Banned
Not even watching the game, my friend texted me asking "wtf did you see that"? And I instinctively knew that Cam probably got some bs call/no call

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers

All I want to see is equal protection from a league claiming to be all about player safety. Especially for a man that is the defending MVP of this league.

I agree, and I'm not saying Cam doesn't get calls the others get.

It shouldn't be a penalty for anyone.

Cam was baaarely starting to slide when the defender launched to tackle. In real time, no way he can tell.

bionic77

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers

Defenders often get away with a lot with Rodgers. The call was bullshit but the refs are very reluctant to make those calls on athletic qb's. They seem to have decided that it is better to let the qb's get their brain scrambled instead of impacting the game by making the defense let up on the qb.

Changing gears who is the last RB who was effective after the age of 30? Even on successful runs they seem to get crushed from all sides more often than not.

squicken

The flag late in the game where Brees was being sacked and another dude hit him? Because that was helmet-to-helmet. Looked legit to me.

Because Brees got caromed into him when the other guy hit him. I guess my complaint why is a hit on Brees such strict scrutiny but so many other are not?

cdyhybrid

I agree, and I'm not saying Cam doesn't get calls the others get.

It shouldn't be a penalty for anyone.

Cam was baaarely starting to slide when the defender launched to tackle. In real time, no way he can tell.

I get what you're saying, but they need to start calling it that way for everyone before we get there.

tumblr_mt4hprsuFf1rfig22o1_r1_400.gif

SRTtoZ

Panthers had full control of this game until Cam threw the ball at that dude. Stupid penalty regardless of the noncall.

bionic77

Rodgers also slides before defenders are about to launch at him
Not true. I specifically recall him taking an extra few steps to get a few more yards and getting hit on the slide and the refs did not call a flag.

They are pretty consistent in how they treat all athletic qb's.

You need to do some Bungles level shit to get called against the athletic ones.

bionic77

Curtis Martin and Tiki both put in 1600+ yd. Seasons at 31.
Oh shit.

How could I forget about Wellington!

Amazing that Martin could do that. He was used heavily throughout his career while Tiki was more of a late bloomer.

Not common at all and I can see why. These guys get absolutely destroyed.

Top Bottom