• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Now I have to go to some family shit... great. Now I get to hear a bunch of casual fans talk about what went wrong when half (actually all) of them can't even name the 11 positions on either offense or defense.

Line_HTX

15697965_1400132883373000_8819469180311105201_n.jpg

OMG, this picture, ROFL

MechDX

Whoever gets the #3 seed in the AFC could possibly see the two Matts (Moore & McGloin) on their way to the AFC Championship.

Go Ravens!!

j-wood

So Mariota has a fractured fibula and carr's is broken. Is a fracture or a break worse?

Crazy they both had the same injuries against shitty teams in the AFC south :(

There was a local commercial after the game where Lockett is in a chair with a blanket draped over his legs as if he was in a wheelchair. I couldn't help but laugh.

ESBL

So Mariota has a fractured fibula and carr's is broken. Is a fracture or a break worse?

Crazy they both had the same injuries against shitty teams in the AFC south :(

A fracture is just a proper term for a break. A break is a break.

Is it too late to take part in that John Oliver "fuck 2016" video?

man so many people were upset at that phrase in the Carrie Fisher thread yesterday lol.

What else do you say to a year that took Bowie, Ali, Prince, from this world and then said here let's give Donald Trump power

Uh it should be much shorter than that. If it was a tib/fib break then thats the expected recovery time. Terrell Owens came back to play in the Super Bowl from a fibula fracture.

I don't know if it's the same as Owen's injury but Carr has a complete syndesmotic ligament tear in addition to the fracture and requires surgery, so he's expected to have a 6 month recovery time, same as Mariota.

One thing about McGloin is that he believes he's the toughest and greatest guy on the field. He has a quarter of the arm strength of Carr but Musgrave plays a lot of short game anyway.

Just trying to calm myself.

I actually have faith in McGloin to play well. He'll have a full week to prepare for Denver. When he played in 2013, the rest of the offense was pure dogshit and he was a rookie besides. So it won't surprise me if he wins a game or two. Hopefully the team doesn't quit without Carr. I'm actually more gutted for Carr at this point, after the work and year he put in. But hopefully he comes back strong.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Savage future truly begins

i4cHj1M.gif

j-wood

A fracture is just a proper term for a break. A break is a break.

If that's true then why did Schefter make the distinction?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21m21 minutes ago
Fractured fibula for Marcus Mariota.
Broken fibula for Derek Carr.
Crushing.

You're right though, fracture is the broken term. I hope that doesn't mean Marcus is broken in more than one spot on the Fibula

Top Bottom