• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feel like it's Elway that will have to learn, rolling with what they got at QB1 is going to waste a very good defense this year.

They won a SB with Peyton Manning at QB last year.

I'm not a fan of Siemian but hes really not that much worse than what they had last year.

Beach

Raider game vs Chiefs is huge. Im expecting a close loss but a win pretty much knocks the Chiefs out of the division race and we start 2-0 in the division with the Jags and Bucs coming up.

They won a SB with Peyton Manning at QB last year.

I'm not a fan of Siemian but hes really not that much worse than what they had last year.
I know people say this, but I don't agree with it. Peyton did exactly what they needed last year during that playoff run. He looked awful at times during the regular season, and his stats look awful. But that doesn't mean any QB with better stats is an upgrade.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The Defense is still good, tightened up when they really needed to.Held the Chargers to only one Offensive TD, with the rest of the scores coming on FGs.

That OL needs fixing and fast, FARRRR too many dumb holding penalties, one that negated a fucking TD (Then DT Fumbles the ball away...) and one leading to a safety. You cannot commit that many penalties on offense and expect to win a game.

Ugly game all around that the Chargers nearly pissed away but the Broncos couldn't capitalize on.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl, not choke in the playoffs, which is what you'll get with Tony Romo (What is it with Romos and choking?), so no to any trade talks involving him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know people say this, but I don't agree with it. Peyton did exactly what they needed last year during that playoff run. He looked awful at times during the regular season, and his stats look awful. But that doesn't mean any QB with better stats is an upgrade.

I can kind of agree with this but honestly the dropoff in their defense is why the formula won't work and everyone should have seen that coming. Its hard to maintain that kind of level of historical dominance. You can win a SB with a washed up Peyton or a Trent Dilfer but its not something you should actually want to do.

Feel like they should just find out what they have with Lynch. Maybe hes the answer, maybe hes not right now but Siemian just doesn't have the kind of arm that can get them back into games when they're down by 2+ scores.

They should just trade for Tony Romo.

HOpefully what they learned is that if you tempted fate once and won a Super Bowl w/o a QB, don't try and do it again.

Feel like it's Elway that will have to learn, rolling with what they got at QB1 is going to waste a very good defense this year.
Do you guys seriously think Siemian is worse than Manning last year? C'mon. Don't tell me Tony Romo is going to lead this team to the promised land either.

Nevermind. Read your posts above.

Do you guys seriously think Siemian is worse than Manning last year? C'mon. Don't tell me Tony Romo is going to lead this team to the promised land either.

No, but I don't know that you can recreate what the Broncos did last year is what I'm saying. I'd be shocked if you could win back to back Super Bowls in the modern era with mediocre QB play.

Raider game vs Chiefs is huge. Im expecting a close loss but a win pretty much knocks the Chiefs out of the division race and we start 2-0 in the division with the Jags and Bucs coming up.

I'm kinda nervous about Sunday Game, Jamal Charles is back, Andy Reid is like 14-2 after a bye week for his career....and I still think our Defense hasn't mesh well together ...hope JDR and Norton can scheme out some clever defensive plays to pressure Alex Smith...

No, but I don't know that you can recreate what the Broncos did last year is what I'm saying. I'd be shocked if you could win back to back Super Bowls in the modern era with mediocre QB play.
I agree. There's just not much you can get out there. Maybe they're better off putting Lynch in the driver's seat and have him run with it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png

NFC Playoff Picture:

1.) Vikings
2.) Cowboys
3.) Falcons
4.) Seahawks
5.) Packers
6.) Eagles
7.) Rams
8.) Redskins
9.) Cardinals
10.) Bucs
11.) Giants
12.) Lions
13.) Saints
14.) Bears
15.) Panthers
16.) 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Still obviously very early in terms of playoffs but I can say with almost 100% certainty teams #7-11 are not better than the Lions even when factoring in our depleted defense and running game.

The Rams-Lions game will have an impact on the overall NFC playoff picture I'm just hoping the Jeff Fisher .500 record holds up another week. I think we should win at home but the Rams defensive line and running game can control the game like they did last season.

CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png

NFC Playoff Picture:

1.) Vikings
2.) Cowboys
3.) Falcons
4.) Seahawks
5.) Packers
6.) Eagles
7.) Rams
8.) Redskins
9.) Cardinals
10.) Bucs
11.) Giants
12.) Lions
13.) Saints
14.) Bears
15.) Panthers
16.) 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Still obviously very early in terms of playoffs but I can say with almost 100% certainty teams #7-11 are not better than the Lions even when factoring in our depleted defense and running game.

The Rams-Lions game will have an impact on the overall NFC playoff picture I'm just hoping the Jeff Fisher .500 record holds up another week. I think we should win at home but the Rams defensive line and running game can control the game like they did last season.

kas i missed you brother!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bob Holtzman
ESPN

Broncos offensive lineman Russell Okung just left Qualcomm Stadium in an ambulance. He had an IV in his arm, but based on the pace of the paramedics it did not look to be an emergency.

Yeah, looks to be precautionary.

Wonder what happened.

squicken

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png[mg]

NFC Playoff Picture:

1.) Vikings
2.) Cowboys
3.) Falcons
4.) Seahawks
5.) Packers
6.) Eagles
7.) Rams
8.) Redskins
9.) Cardinals
10.) Bucs
11.) Giants
12.) Lions
13.) Saints
14.) Bears
15.) Panthers
16.) 49ers

[url]http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture[/url]

The Rams-Lions game will have an impact on the overall NFC playoff picture I'm just hoping the Jeff Fisher .500 record holds up another week. I think we should win at home but the Rams defensive line and running game can control the game like they did last season.[/QUOTE]

NFC is so much tougher this year than the AFC. I think either the Pack or Vikes are going to be a 12 win WC team. I don't trust the Lions b/c of their defense. Good pass rush can cover up a lot though, so who knows

Striker

They say that. But Romo gets touched by Mack or Hali once and he'll be on IR again.

Zeke

I'm watching The Timeline on NFLN and it's pretty insane how Peyton practiced. I know we all like to rag on him but you have to respect his dedication to his craft.

Zeke

And he still had a dad body! I wonder if he'll get into coaching. Imagine having him as your qb coach teaching a young rookie.

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/...L?mcode=1202615581416&slreturn=20160913175242

Former offensive lineman Darryl Ashmore just entered a lawsuit against the NFL for denying his disability benefits. He's an 11 year vet from 1992-2002, played for the Rams, Washington and Raiders, and now has dementia among a laundry list of other medical issues.

The NFL scheduled a medical exam farther away than someone with his condition can travel, wouldn't allow him to move or reschedule it, then denied his application for missing it.

KaYotiX

Banned
http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/...L?mcode=1202615581416&slreturn=20160913175242

Former offensive lineman Darryl Ashmore just entered a lawsuit against the NFL for denying his disability benefits. He's an 11 year vet from 1992-2002, played for the Rams, Washington and Raiders, and now has dementia among a laundry list of other medical issues.

The NFL scheduled a medical exam farther away than someone with his condition can travel, wouldn't allow him to move or reschedule it, then denied his application for missing it.

That is very shitty by the NFL....he should win that case.

Beach

I'm kinda nervous about Sunday Game, Jamal Charles is back, Andy Reid is like 14-2 after a bye week for his career....and I still think our Defense hasn't mesh well together ...hope JDR and Norton can scheme out some clever defensive plays to pressure Alex Smith...
Yea if it wasn't the Chiefs coming off a bye I'd be more confident. Plus we are garbage at home.

I can take the loss, we have an easy schedule this year. If we go into Oakland against the Broncos Sunday night at 6-2 that would be way better than expected. Just got to win 2 of the next 3

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Siemian was rusty, basically a rookie and playing with a bum shoulder. OL has some issues, but I think it's solvable. Short week and Kubiak was in the hospital.

Had an unfortunate fumble at the end and yet the Chargers still almost gave the game away with 20 seconds left in the game.

Defense is still good.

It's fiiiine.

Jello hold me

Top Bottom