• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Titans are -7 favorite. SMH Vegas. Why?
Why?
1pp2FVk.jpg

MechDX

RG Jeff Allen out Sunday with a concussion.Texans still have 3 others in the protocol.

Luck is on the Indy report with a right shoulder injury.

SNF will be great!!

Edit: now RT Newton didn't practice today.so the starting right side of the o line is likely out. .....

Nah, I'm too deep in at this point.

If I were legitimately leaving the Panthers, I would left after Jake Delhomme threw a playoff game away. That would have been the time to bounce.
To be honest I almost wish you would.

Even that would be better than the 8 month pity party you've been holding for yourself. Get over it!

lol that is some shitty offense. I will never understand teams that go hurry up all the time. It's a good change of pace, or maybe a tactic to use against certain opponents. But it kills your defense. idk what needs to happen in MIA. Seems like they need to totally start over

We haven't done hurry up that often actually, it's mostly the mistakes that kill drives either Oline play, sacks, turnovers or penalties and when Tannehill actually gets the ball out we have dropped balls.

Stole this from a Steelers board:

* Miami is last in time of possession this year - - by almost two full minutes. Their offense is on the field for less than 25 minutes a game.
* They've had sixteen first downs combined in the last two games.
* They are one of only three teams to have a game of 200 or fewer net yards (this past Sunday).
* They are one of only two teams in the last 21 weeks to run 41 or fewer offensive plays in a game (this past Sunday). The other was a Dolphins game last year. They ran 43 the week before, second lowest number of this year.
* The average Dolphins drive lasts 4.5 plays - - a full half-play worse than the second worst team in the league.
* Their average drive lasts 2 minutes and 3 seconds which is 18 seconds worse than all but one other NFL team.
* Only 23% of Dolphins drives end with a score, worst in the NFL.
* They turn it over on 18.3% of drives, fourth worst in the NFL.
* Just 6.4% of Ryan Tannehill's passes have come in the redzone, lowest of any quarterback in the league.
* The Dolphins have lead games for just 10.9% of their offensive plays this year, lowest in the league.
* The Dolphins average 25 yards per drive with only the 49ers being worse.

But Tannebaum said our Oline depth was great....

Zeke

Watching a segment on Undisputed and Rob Parker calls Cowboys frauds because they haven't played a good team. The packers haven't played anyone either and the one good team they actually played they lost. Jags, vikes, lions and giants such a fearsome group of teams indeed. I get you give a vet like Rodgers the benefit of the doubt but come the fuck on don't use the "they haven't beaten anyone" argument especially when the opposing team they are playing hasn't beaten anyone either. I wonder where the goal post will move if the Cowboys beat GB.

cdyhybrid

Watching a segment on Undisputed and Rob Parker calls Cowboys frauds because they haven't played a good team. The packers haven't played anyone either and the one good team they actually played they lost. Jags, vikes, lions and giants such a fearsome group of teams indeed. I get you give a vet like Rodgers the benefit of the doubt but come the fuck on don't use the "they haven't beaten anyone" argument especially when the opposing team they are playing hasn't beaten anyone either. I wonder where the goal post will move if the Cowboys beat GB.
Found the issue

squicken

To be honest I almost wish you would.

Even that would be better than the 8 month pity party you've been holding for yourself. Get over it!

Yeah Grover, you're like the dude who lost his girl to a guy with a Ferrari. We all understand. You've mourned. Now time to start talking up your boys Cam and Luke, or at least shit talking the other NFCS teams

Hindl

It's obvious, they'll say that GB actually isn't a good team. But this does seem like a transition year for the league. A lot of the recently successful teams (Cards, Packers, Bengals) are regressing this year, while previously mediocre/bad teams (Eagles, Cowboys, Falcons, Raiders, Vikings) look like they're trending up. So the previously good teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt, while the previously mediocre teams are being deemed fraudulent until they prove it. And that's fair I think, if the Cowboys continue this year the way they are, they'll get the same benefit of the doubt that the Packers are getting next year.

Haha sorry grovo but to add to this...

Your team still made it to the Super Bowl over 30 other teams. That's 30 teams you coulda pointed and laughed at! Haha

I woulda been happy just to be there though, i would still be celebrating to this day ...
Probably so. We usually make Browns players superstars.
Ok it's agreed! IF the Browns win, you will call Cody Uncle.....

Zeke

It's obvious, they'll say that GB actually isn't a good team. But this does seem like a transition year for the league. A lot of the recently successful teams (Cards, Packers, Bengals) are regressing this year, while previously mediocre/bad teams (Eagles, Cowboys, Falcons, Raiders, Vikings) look like they're trending up. So the previously good teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt, while the previously mediocre teams are being deemed fraudulent until they prove it. And that's fair I think, if the Cowboys continue this year the way they are, they'll get the same benefit of the doubt that the Packers are getting next year.
I just think if you're going to make an argument as to why GB is going to win strength of opponents played should be dead last considering neither team has really played good teams outside of vikes for GB and Bengals for Dallas. I don't really care if Dallas gets the benefit of the doubt hell I'd prefer for them to treated as underdogs all season.

squicken

GB's run defense has been really good this year. Pack are down a couple of CBs so I wonder if DAL will come out slanging or try and stick with their usual gameplan.

I wish this game or the Chickens game would have been SNF.

Yall know me talking about not loving football isn't new right?

Here's a post from January 2015 talking about baseball as my favorite sport.

And I'm certainly not the only one around here to point out that the NFL product is down. It was shitty for the most part too last year.

But I completely why get me bringing up losing the Super Bowl is annoying so...I'll stop. Let me get back on my disrespectful and hateful shit.

Hindl

I just think if you're going to make an argument as to why GB is going to win strength of opponents played should be dead last considering neither team has really played good teams outside of vikes for GB and Bengals for Dallas. I don't really care if Dallas gets the benefit of the doubt hell I'd prefer for them to treated as underdogs all season.

Agreed, I'm just saying that since GB has been top tier for the last several years, it's assumed they'll be good regardless of who they beat. Whereas outside of 2014 Dallas has been mediocre, so they don't get that assumption, so their record could be seen as fluky until they consistently compete with top tier teams. Strength of schedule is just an excuse to justify that.

GB's run defense has been really good this year. Pack are down a couple of CBs so I wonder if DAL will come out slanging or try and stick with their usual gameplan.

Yeah, looking forward to that game. I'd generally give two #1 matchups to the defense, so I think they'll be able to slow down the Cowboys rushing attack. I think Garrett is going to be the key here. Dak has shown capable enough where he should be able to throw against GB's injured secondary, but Garrett can be pretty conservative in his playcalling. If he doesn't let Dak air it out then GB will take this.

bionic77

Stole this from a Steelers board:

* Miami is last in time of possession this year - - by almost two full minutes. Their offense is on the field for less than 25 minutes a game.
* They've had sixteen first downs combined in the last two games.
* They are one of only three teams to have a game of 200 or fewer net yards (this past Sunday).
* They are one of only two teams in the last 21 weeks to run 41 or fewer offensive plays in a game (this past Sunday). The other was a Dolphins game last year. They ran 43 the week before, second lowest number of this year.
* The average Dolphins drive lasts 4.5 plays - - a full half-play worse than the second worst team in the league.
* Their average drive lasts 2 minutes and 3 seconds which is 18 seconds worse than all but one other NFL team.
* Only 23% of Dolphins drives end with a score, worst in the NFL.
* They turn it over on 18.3% of drives, fourth worst in the NFL.
* Just 6.4% of Ryan Tannehill's passes have come in the redzone, lowest of any quarterback in the league.
* The Dolphins have lead games for just 10.9% of their offensive plays this year, lowest in the league.
* The Dolphins average 25 yards per drive with only the 49ers being worse.
Would hate to lose to this team.

Hope the offense keeps scoring so we don't need a big play at the end.

I got a loaf of Anadama bread at my local farmers market yesterday and it's amazing. Cornmeal and molasses enriched sourdough bread. It's got these awesome caramel notes to it. I slathered on some apple butter that I got at a local orchard. It was heavenly.

Zeke

I would love to see Dak go deep on the first play of the game. Set them up with play action and let Butler or Williams run down field. It really bums me out Dallas doesn't run the flea flicker any more.

Bengals after 5 weeks aren't a good team all of the sudden after how many straight playoff appearances?

Please.

They are 2-3 and have given up the 2nd most points in their division. Their defense, which was really good last year, seems to have regressed badly. Obviously their is time for them to turn it around but they dont seem even close to the team that they had last year.

Fox318

Todd Bowles announced to the media that he finally made some changes to how he coached this week.

Maybe by week 10 he will discover that his secondary couldn't stop a nose bleed.

Yo did Grov really put baseball above football? To he can never be president again actually we should erase his entire presidency in the timeline. It never happened!

Top Bottom