• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Kworn

Banned
Going to the Vikings game VS the Giants at Twickenham in the UK a week Sunday.

I am so pumped the raiders are doing well at the moment and hope I go to the game with a Chiefs win under our belt.

Hello friends

Fraudcos.

That's all I got.
Yes or No Chuck in the Shirtless League

Imma keep yall from Page 2.

Not that you deserve it for watching this immoral, corrupt sport, mind you!
You don't have to hide it anymore.. you can come out of the dug-out.. Football is still fun for you
even if the Falcons were to win a Super Bowl and leaving y'all as the last team in the NFC South to not win one
. That's ok Grova.

Striker

Going to the Vikings game VS the Giants at Twickenham in the UK a week Sunday.

I am so pumped the raiders are doing well at the moment and hope I go to the game with a Chiefs win under our belt.
Giants and Vikings played over a week ago.

Hunter Henry looked great last night I see. Great pick for SD.

bionic77

Fraudcos.

That's all I got.
I didn't watch the game but they were playing with their backup qb and were without their coach.

I am willing to give them a pass, but a loss against the Chargers is likely going to hurt at the end of the year.

Unless you are in the South the AFC is going to be tough to make the playoffs this year.

I didn't watch the game but they were playing with their backup qb and were without their coach.

I am willing to give them a pass, but a loss against the Chargers is likely going to hurt at the end of the year.

Unless you are in the South the AFC is going to be tough to make the playoffs this year.

Broncos aren't making the postseason.

The domination at first was early season residuals from their defense last season. They have no offense, and Simien is not Peyton Manning.

bionic77

Broncos aren't making the postseason.

The domination at first was early season residuals from their defense last season. They have no offense, and Simien is not Peyton Manning.
I always feel that defenses fall off after a SB win, but lets not give Manning any credit for what he did last year.

It is hard to maintain anything at that level, but defense is harder to maintain than offense IMO.

BigAT

Wow, another injury for the Browns. They just can't catch a break.

cqKGrkF.png

I always feel that defenses fall off after a SB win, but lets not give Manning any credit for what he did last year.

It is hard to maintain anything at that level, but defense is harder to maintain than offense IMO.

True, yet defense is hard to maintain when offense falls off a cliff. Once the offense lags behind even the most stout defenses can't keep the party going.

Broncos have had a lot of fast starts recently, only to falter later on. I said this with Wentz but it applies here too - let's see how Siemian performs in week 13 with teams making their playoff push.

bionic77

True, yet defense is hard to maintain when offense falls off a cliff. Once the offense lags behind even the most stout defenses can't keep the party going.

Broncos have had a lot of fast starts recently, only to falter later on. I said this with Wentz but it applies here too - let's see how Siemian performs in week 13 with teams making their playoff push.
It is so fucking hard to set up a great defense.

To be an all time defense (where the defense clearly drags the team to the playoffs and championship) you need two dominant pass rushers (probably the hardest position to find in football), you need at least one "shutdown corner" (whatever the fuck that means anymore), you need a dominant safety, and at least one dominant linebacker. And the rest of the guys need to be good as well (maybe not great, but they have to be good to very good to fill in the blanks). That is 5 pro bowl players at all 3 levels of the defense. You need to have monster drafts and a ton of luck to pull that off.

Way easier to set up a great offense, assuming you have a great qb and are not the Colts.

Tom Penny

If Broncos make the playoffs and Miller goes cheat code again they have a shot. Any team has a shot if they can somehow play at all time levels of D during the playoffs. The odds of that happening are a different story.

Looking at the schedule, this is a huge game for the Eagles. If they lose, they've then got the Vikes and Cowboys coming off a bye. Could easily see 3-4. After that they've still got the Seahawks, Falcons and Packers. The only teams they play with losing records for the rest of the year are division rival Giants and the Bengals.

If they do lose and the Cowboys win this week, we've got a serious stranglehold on the division. Cowboys have an easier schedule that includes the Browns, Bucs and Lions.

Hindl

Looking at the schedule, this is a huge game for the Eagles. If they lose, they've then got the Vikes and Cowboys coming off a bye. Could easily see 3-4. After that they've still got the Seahawks, Falcons and Packers. The only teams they play with losing records for the rest of the year are division rival Giants and the Bengals.

If they do lose and the Cowboys win this week, we've got a serious stranglehold on the division. Cowboys have an easier schedule that includes the Browns, Bucs and Lions.

Pretty much, plus after the Vikes/Cowboys post bye games, we then also face the Giants coming off bye. They're collapsing right now but divisional games are still unpredictable. In a vacuum the Giants and Redskins don't scare me, but divisional games are fucky. And the Vikings game is most likely a loss. That game comes down to our DL vs their OL, because their defense will win against our offense. The one benefit is that we get the Falcons and Packers at home, plus 3 divisional home games to end the season. The schedule has been pretty favorable so far, now the real test begins.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Big Trouble in Little China is so freaking good.

It hurts me a lot that they are trying to remake it.

It's taking me like 5 minutes to respond but I wanted to give you hope.

Nobody remembers that they remade Total Recall or Robocop. We'll survive this too!

Pretty much, plus after the Vikes/Cowboys post bye games, we then also face the Giants coming off bye. They're collapsing right now but divisional games are still unpredictable. In a vacuum the Giants and Redskins don't scare me, but divisional games are fucky. And the Vikings game is most likely a loss. That game comes down to our DL vs their OL, because their defense will win against our offense. The one benefit is that we get the Falcons and Packers at home, plus 3 divisional home games to end the season. The schedule has been pretty favorable so far, now the real test begins.

Giants are desperate, and Falcons have proven they can beat good teams on the road.

Then again you guys shut down the Steelers and then couldn't stop the Lions in the first half last week. We still don't know how good anyone is.

It's not good having a bye week so early. Later in the season it can provide a much needed break, but so early it just stopped y'all's momentum.

We'll see how Wentz bounces back after having the worst play of his career (and first loss) come on the last play of that game last week.

The Redskins moved to Washington in 1937. Since then, there have been 19 presidential elections. In 17 of those, the following rule applied:

If the Redskins win their last home game before the election, the party that won the previous election wins the next election and that if the Redskins lose, the challenging party's candidate wins.

Sorry USA, looks like Trump is going to win.

Pepiope

I kind of hope the Broncos collapse. Elway was too cheap to get bradford, and made us send him to horrible Minnesota, a team I refuse to root for.

The fact that we didn't let Denver lowball us and waited for a better opportunity shows just how good our GM is.

Hindl

Giants are desperate, and Falcons have proven they can beat good teams on the road.

Then again you guys shut down the Steelers and then couldn't stop the Lions in the first half last week. We still don't know how good anyone is.

It's not good having a bye week so early. Later in the season it can provide a much needed break, but so early it just stopped y'all's momentum.

We'll see how Wentz bounces back after having the worst play of his career (and first loss) come on the last play of that game last week.

Yeah, 1st half of lions was exactly what I feared. Going into a bye week after crushing one of the best teams in the league, the team got overconfident and came out flat. Given that they recovered in the second half and played like they have the rest of the year, I'm inclined to believe the 1st half was a fluke and not what this team usually is. But Washington will determine that. Plus, they've had our number in recent years. I do hate the early bye, it really messed up the flow we had going, but at least now they won't be cocky.

Falcons game is looking really tough, but we'll see what happens. This season is already going way better than I expected, I wasn't expect us to be competitive for two-three years. This Johnson suspension might really wreck shit, especially since Big V is a really raw rookie without a lot of agility. But if he can fill in admirably, that dramatically helps the Eagles going forward. Optimistically, I think the Eagles can go 4-2 in the division, and then to make the playoffs we'd need to win 4 of Falcons, Vikings, Packers, Ravens, Bengals, and Seahawks. Difficult but if the defense is legit and Carson keeps playing the way he is I think it's possible. Conservatively, we go 3-3 in the division and 2-4 outside to finish 8-8

I kind of hope the Broncos collapse. Elway was too cheap to get bradford, and made us send him to horrible Minnesota, a team I refuse to root for.

Elway looks great for not singing Brock but man he fucked up so bad by not trading for Sammy B. Bradford on that team and they are clearly the best team in the league.

Hello friends

Yes or No Chuck in the Shirtless League

You don't have to hide it anymore.. you can come out of the dug-out.. Football is still fun for you
even if the Falcons were to win a Super Bowl and leaving y'all as the last team in the NFC South to not win one
. That's ok Grova.

A) The Falcons aren't winning the Super Bowl. Kill that noise

B) Even if the Panthers weren't the 3rd worst team in the league right now, it would still be hard to get up to watch dudes splatter their brains when the product is so trash. There are like 6 good teams (4 of which are the same damn teams every year so less interesting) and half of the league is utterly atrocious.

Pepiope

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Bosa
4. Elliott
5. Ramsey

That's a really solid top 5 of a draft class. Too bad about 1
Goff could still be a stud. With how well Wentz is playing, no team would be dumb enough to pass him up, right? Unless there was someone better.

#Goff #Kessler

Goff could still be a stud. With how well Wentz is playing, no team would be dumb enough to pass him up, right? Unless there was someone better.

#Goff #Kessler
I know everything is about wentz for you. But Kessler is actually playing pretty decent. The game dosent look too big for him

cdyhybrid

Jim Nantz, into a hot mic, says anthem protesters will kneel "as long as they have cameras right in their face"
-PFT

Nantz and Simms are the worst.

Jim Nantz, into a hot mic, says anthem protesters will kneel "as long as they have cameras right in their face"
-PFT

Nantz and Simms are the worst.

Isnt the point of the protest to draw attention to these issues? So I guess in a sense he is right but it is a silly point to make.

cdyhybrid

Isnt the point of the protest to draw attention to these issues? So I guess in a sense he is right but it is a silly point to make.
I would say the main goal is to express your disagreement with whatever you're protesting, but regardless - he's implying that they're just doing this for selfish reasons which is pretty hilarious considering all the shit Kaep has gotten for it.

bionic77

It's taking me like 5 minutes to respond but I wanted to give you hope.

Nobody remembers that they remade Total Recall or Robocop. We'll survive this too!
It is pretty close to a perfect movie.

And fuck everyone else. I remember!

You guys better tone down the Trump attacks. Looks like the Russians got pissed and are hacking GAF (this is hopefully a joke).

Stole this from a Steelers board:

* Miami is last in time of possession this year - - by almost two full minutes. Their offense is on the field for less than 25 minutes a game.
* They've had sixteen first downs combined in the last two games.
* They are one of only three teams to have a game of 200 or fewer net yards (this past Sunday).
* They are one of only two teams in the last 21 weeks to run 41 or fewer offensive plays in a game (this past Sunday). The other was a Dolphins game last year. They ran 43 the week before, second lowest number of this year.
* The average Dolphins drive lasts 4.5 plays - - a full half-play worse than the second worst team in the league.
* Their average drive lasts 2 minutes and 3 seconds which is 18 seconds worse than all but one other NFL team.
* Only 23% of Dolphins drives end with a score, worst in the NFL.
* They turn it over on 18.3% of drives, fourth worst in the NFL.
* Just 6.4% of Ryan Tannehill's passes have come in the redzone, lowest of any quarterback in the league.
* The Dolphins have lead games for just 10.9% of their offensive plays this year, lowest in the league.
* The Dolphins average 25 yards per drive with only the 49ers being worse.

squicken

Stole this from a Steelers board:

lol that is some shitty offense. I will never understand teams that go hurry up all the time. It's a good change of pace, or maybe a tactic to use against certain opponents. But it kills your defense. idk what needs to happen in MIA. Seems like they need to totally start over

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Bosa
4. Elliott
5. Ramsey

That's a really solid top 5 of a draft class. Too bad about 1
And two of those from one school.. excellent program that must be :)

A) The Falcons aren't winning the Super Bowl. Kill that noise

B) Even if the Panthers weren't the 3rd worst team in the league right now, it would still be hard to get up to watch dudes splatter their brains when the product is so trash. There are like 6 good teams (4 of which are the same damn teams every year so less interesting) and half of the league is utterly atrocious.
You sound like a Browns fan..

God what's wrong with you.. one downturn and you want to roll over and die. I'm honestly disappointed in you. Get your heart back Grova.

squicken

Save Us From the Prime-Time Torment
Here’s how to fix the league’s inflexible scheduling system — and correctly pick bad games without having to watch them

1. Stop Being Fair

Did you know that the Titans and Jaguars are playing on Thursday night later this month? Again? Just like in 2014 and 2015? One easy way to fix prime time is to drop the idea that all teams should play in prime time. Currently, a rule limits teams to six prime-time appearances per season, and only three teams are allowed that many. Everyone else is limited to five. That excludes Week 17, when anything goes.

A modest proposal: Let anything go at all times. Should the Patriots and Steelers be on prime time every time they aren’t playing the Browns? Yes, they should. AMC doesn’t move The Walking Dead to the morning and put its worst show in prime time instead in the interest of fairness. The same rules should apply here.

2. Flex Early and Often

Flexing is another problem. First of all, the Monday game can’t be flexed at all, which is nuts, and will feel even more nuts in three weeks, when the Chicago Bears are scheduled. Sunday night can be flexed, but not until Week 5, and even then only twice from Weeks 5–10. Why?

Probably my favorite current 'weekly notebook' type column is by Kevin Clark. Cool tidbits in his picks writeups

Top Bottom