• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Generate

Banned
Let's have a bit of fun. Say you're Roger Goodell. You have to sell tonight's game to boost ratings. Let's hear your pitch!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Fuck that, the refs are part of the reason we lost the game, I'm going to fucking complain. Yes, it happens to everyone, but I don't think it's reasonable to not complain when things are as egregious as they were yesterday.

I'll be honest I agree with you. Refs have been an absolute disaster this year (which is a stupid statement going around... They're awful EVERY year.) I think the most egregious example was the season opener where it was open season on cam. I'm more saying I think that's where people were coming from. Just asking, because I honestly don't know, but what was your reaction to the falcons game?

squicken

hvUUgz2.jpg

Wasn't Jake Long a first round pick?

So was Anthony Munoz. Don't want him playing either

cdyhybrid

I'll be honest I agree with you. Refs have been an absolute disaster this year (which is a stupid statement going around... They're awful EVERY year.) I think the most egregious example was the season opener where it was open season on cam. I'm more saying I think that's where people were coming from. Just asking, because I honestly don't know, but what was your reaction to the falcons game?
The entire game or the last play? We got away with one for sure on the last play, but my view has always been that you need to play well enough to not put the game in the hands of the officials.

If Atlanta's offense didn't get completely dominated for three quarters they would have won. Similarly, if Hawks' offense showed up at all yesterday they would have won.

Line_HTX

Bear girl Suzy Kolber, DansGame

Trent Dilfer is a Brony, DansGame

Randy Viking looks good.

Woodson the ultimate skeleton Raider, haha

Steve Young trying to pull a surprise Bronco parachuter, SMH

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The entire game or the last play? We got away with one for sure on the last play, but my view has always been that you need to play well enough to not put the game in the hands of the officials.

If Atlanta's offense didn't get completely dominated for three quarters they would have won. Similarly, if Hawks' offense showed up at all yesterday they would have won.

K we share the same view then. It sucks it has to be that way, but I think it's like that in all sports, especially so for the NBA. If you have a close game down the stretch the refs can really fuck you over. Whats more is that, some teams don't do well with closer games down the stretch obviously, and the refs may be the reason that game is close in the first place. It's really an endless loop that always comes back to, the refs have too much control. It's almost to a point where I think PI needs a serious change, wether that be review able or changing what the result of the penalty is.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wanted to beat a few children for just attempting to grab handfuls out of the bucket without even saying trick or treat.

And sorry we don't have your candy of preference you little asshole! It's not like we're passing out the bad stuff either.

Line_HTX

I wanted to beat a few children for just attempting to grab handfuls out of the bucket without even saying trick or treat.

And sorry we don't have your candy of preference you little asshole! It's not like we're passing out the bad stuff either.

What an abuser you are, SMH

Generate

Banned
It seems like great defenses are given the benefit of the doubt on many noncalls and same with great offenses. They know the margin of error for getting away with bending the rules. Teams have to account for this leeway when playing them.

Klocker

I'm always so excited to turn on Monday night football! ....

And then I hear McDonough's voice and my heart sinks... so, so bad

Top Bottom