• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is wienke Jay Cutler?

Nah just a fan of stats. Most years Cutler is in like...the top 50% of the league. Outside that he has a horrible attitude and plays for a completely disfunctional organization that's going nowhere fast.

This notion that he's not better than the Houston or Cleveland QBs of the world or whatever the Jets are stuck with is just not true. He's a big upgrade on a team with a great defense and garbage at QB. They went to the NFCCG with a really good Bears defense where he bitched out of the game and softly cried in his locker. But that's still an improvement for a lot of the league this year.

Regardless, Romo will be traded and someone is going to pay something for his broken corpse this offseason.

Edit: Cutlers best season statistically was last season

squicken

I'm sadly not surprised by the offense. The Diggs miss hurts. But the defense giving up 8 yards a play is troubling. Seems like they really miss Sendejo. Plays every down so I guess that makes sense but safety play has been bad, and DTs getting blown off the ball

Nah just a fan of stats. Most years Cutler is in like...the top 50% of the league. Outside that he has a horrible attitude and plays for a completely disfunctional organization that's going nowhere fast.

This notion that he's not better than the Houston or Cleveland QBs of the world or whatever the Jets are stuck with is just not true. He's a big upgrade on a team with a great defense and garbage at QB. They went to the NFCCG with a really good Bears defense where he bitched out of the game and softly cried in his locker. But that's still an improvement for a lot of the league this year.

Regardless, Romo will be traded and someone is going to pay something for his broken corpse this offseason.
I've never hated Cutler. But the way he's currently playing + attitude + injuries wouldn't help a team like Cleve. Cutler currently turns the ball over way to much, and that's not something a team like this needs. Early cutler yeah, but right now I'd rather take mccown.

But I have my boy Kessler! So it dosent matter

gogosox82

A Packers fan defending Jay Cutler. What a time to be alive.

Edit: Your not wrong tho

I watch this First Take clip and I keep wondering who that show is for at this point. Or am I overestimating sports fans because I just can't see anyone still watching without a sense of irony at this point.

Tom Penny

Cutler sucks. It's simple math. Could cutler win 4 games in a row to win a SB and the answer is simply no. It's like peiple forget he had the best offensive skill players in the entire league and didn't do shit. Who else had talent like Alshon, Marshall, forte and benett on the same roster?

squicken

Man if the Huskies play that Division III schedule and make the playoff it will suck. Shouldn't reward avoiding games fans want to see

Zeke

Finally back from taking the kiddo trick or treating. Kids and parents are so lame now. Parents driving their kids down the block and everyone does it. What happened to actually walking around your neighborhood. Worse is it cause traffic jams in residential streets.

Finally back from taking the kiddo trick or treating. Kids and parents are so lame now. Parents driving their kids down the block and everyone does it. What happened to actually walking around your neighborhood. Worse is it cause traffic jams in residential streets.

This.

It was a nightmare driving around.... Samhain has lost its luster.

I actually saw parents with their kids walking around the neighborhood while it was still light out. It was weirdly sweet. Today was a pretty nice fall day too.

squicken

That's pretty rich coming from an Aggie.

? WAS is in a bad conference and played Rutgers. Like what games has/will WAS play where a CFB fan in Indiana will say "oh that's a good game I will watch that one"

I want the playoff committee to encourage good teams to play tough schedules. I actually like WAS. Nothing against the school

boxter432

terrible.challenge. clearly down. way to waste a timeout in a game you are down ten zim.

And Rhodes should have picked that. It was under thrown a tiny bit. Real.problem is the poor d line play tonight. The only pressure they have had is when jay wanted it for.the screens and shovel pSs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've never hated Cutler. But the way he's currently playing + attitude + injuries wouldn't help a team like Cleve. Cutler currently turns the ball over way to much, and that's not something a team like this needs. Early cutler yeah, but right now I'd rather take mccown.

But I have my boy Kessler! So it dosent matter

Oh he wouldn't thrive in Cleveland at all but that's Cleveland

I just dispute the notion he isn't already better than everyone in your awful QB stable.

Cutler sucks. It's simple math. Could cutler win 4 games in a row to win a SB and the answer is simply no. It's like peiple forget he had the best offensive skill players in the entire league and didn't do shit. Who else had talent like Alshon, Marshall, forte and benett on the same roster?

Neither could I expect Bradford to do so but here we are watching a team that gave up a first round pick for him.

Cutler probably won't ever win a Super Bowl or maybe even never see a playoff game again. I'm just saying that he's a good upgrade for a lot of shitty teams and history has shown that people will pay for shitty quarterbacks.

Zeke

I actually saw parents with their kids walking around the neighborhood while it was still light out. It was weirdly sweet. Today was a pretty nice fall day too.
Was actually nice here too for a little bit then it warmed up and the mosquitos came out. The wife got bit up pretty good. We went walking around the neighborhood but there weren't a whole lot of kids out unfortunately. My son was running around like a mad man, great way for him to burn off all his energy. He looked so tired after his bath it was great lol

Slo

Now Linvail Joseph is the "strongest man they've ever seen on the football field". MNF commentary is hyperbolic garbage.

cdyhybrid

? WAS is in a bad conference and played Rutgers. Like what games has/will WAS play where a CFB fan in Indiana will say "oh that's a good game I will watch that one"

I want the playoff committee to encourage good teams to play tough schedules. I actually like WAS. Nothing against the school

Bad conference? Nah, that's the Big 12. Traditional powers are down but teams rise in their place. SEC is pretty shit outside Bama too.

Nothing UW can do about their schedule. They scheduled Rutgers when they were going to bowl games every year, multiple teams have backed out of home-and-homes with them.

I don't particularly care what a random football fan in Indiana wants to watch. They don't watch Pac-12 games regardless of who it is.

boxter432

Wtf linebackers? Not only did they give Langford a 10 yard cushion. They waited for him to run to them.

Game killing drive here. Should have stopped them, now clock is ticking and its a scoring drive.

The D is slow again like second half against the eagles. Also missing these easy turnovers they were converting the first 5 games.

Oh he wouldn't thrive in Cleveland at all but that's Cleveland

I just dispute the notion he isn't already better than everyone in your awful QB stable.

Neither could I expect Bradford to do so but here we are watching a team that gave up a first round pick for him.

Cutler probably won't ever win a Super Bowl or maybe even never see a playoff game again. I'm just saying that he's a good upgrade for a lot of shitty teams and history has shown that people will pay for shitty quarterbacks.
How many of clevelands games have you actually watched this year? In its entirety

bionic77

Cutler is so predictable.

Once his job is on the line he suddenly appears halfway decent.

Eznark is smiling somewhere at the idea of Cutler earning another year in Chicago.

Top Bottom