• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Hey man you dont know how rough it is for Giants fans. Their 2 time SB winning QB is going to retire soon and it might take the team a few years to find another one.

Man the Browns getting the top pick and taking another QB and trading away Kessler and him then becoming great seems like a very Browns turn of events.
*takes out list labeled "One of the good ones"
*erases Yankee

Bread

Banned
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/g2mnfiMiAulkhnOg4Omxkw6yxOw=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7340309/brocknoo.0.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://replygif.net/i/130.gif[MG][/QUOTE]
how does this even happen

I saw people in the Gears thread saying that they had problems downloading it on PC initially, but I dont remember anyone having problems downloading Forza Horizon 3 on PC. I thought that launch went very smoothly.
Except for the myriad of performance problems on that title (go give the PC performance thread a read). That's been the issue with many of the higher profile releases for them on PC. Either store deployment has been an issue or the titles performance has required attention. I've no doubt they'll get their shit in order on that front in the near future. It's just not been smooth sailing as of yet with UWP titles.

brocknoo.0.gif

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

At least he showed Elway that he is only a man. Straight turned Elway into Icarus.

bionic77

Or a portable for those of us who don't have kids but still like to game on the go. Those long weekends during the holidays at my in-laws place oh dear lord I'd die without handhelds.
It seems super convenient for everyone.

If you don't want to play on the couch but lie on the bed lie some obese degenerate and play a quick game of something with the same hardware that goes on the tv. I think most of us can get behind that.

If Nintendo is smart they will make their own shooter and some kind of whacky Mario sports shit too. Mario soccer and football will go a long way. Hell they could even remove the Mario and just try to make a fun sports game. That would cover most of the bases.
Same, just not a fan of bitterness. Same issue I have with tea.

Battery life is gonna be shit, I'm expecting that 3 hour rumor to be true. Sucks but chemistry and battery tech has only come so far. The bigger deal for me is the charging port on the handheld portion. Hopefully it's not proprietary and I could just use a power pack and USB cable to charge it on the go.
3 hours is probably similar to what I would get on my 6S+ if I was running some super intensive game so it sounds correct but I am hoping they can magic their way to 4-5 hours.

Wow at the Ws beating every primetime NFL game the last 13 months. Baseball is back.

Game 1 of the Cubs/Indians World Series had a 12.6 overnight rating on FOX Tuesday night, up 20% from Mets/Royals last year (10.5), up 58% from Giants/Royals in 2014 (8.0) and the highest overnight for a World Series opener since Phillies/Yankees in 2009 (13.8). The previous high over that span was last year’s 10.5.

The 12.6 is the second-highest for any World Series game over the past five years, behind only Giants/Royals Game 7 in 2014 (15.2). It even edged the Red Sox’ last clincher, their Game 6 win over the Cardinals in 2013 (12.5).

The 12.6 also topped every primetime NFL telecast over the past month (13 total), since Bears/Cowboys on Sunday Night Football in Week 3.

Cleveland led all markets with a 46.5 rating, off a point from Indians/Marlins Game 1 in 1997 (47.5) but well ahead of the Cavaliers’ three NBA Finals openers — a 36.0 this year, a 41.4 in 2015, and a 34.3 in 2007. Local ratings for the competing Knicks/Cavaliers NBA season opener were not immediately available.

In Chicago, Game 1 had a 34.1 rating — up 2% from Game 1 of White Sox/Astros in 2005 (33.5), the last time a local team played in the World Series. By comparison, the Bears’ last Super Bowl had a 50.2 in the market, the Bulls’ last NBA Finals opener had a 47.2, and the Blackhawks’ last Stanley Cup Final opener had a 28.0.

Hindl

Wow at the Ws beating every primetime NFL game the last 13 months. Baseball is back.

Game 1 of the Cubs/Indians World Series had a 12.6 overnight rating on FOX Tuesday night, up 20% from Mets/Royals last year (10.5), up 58% from Giants/Royals in 2014 (8.0) and the highest overnight for a World Series opener since Phillies/Yankees in 2009 (13.8). The previous high over that span was last year’s 10.5.

The 12.6 is the second-highest for any World Series game over the past five years, behind only Giants/Royals Game 7 in 2014 (15.2). It even edged the Red Sox’ last clincher, their Game 6 win over the Cardinals in 2013 (12.5).

The 12.6 also topped every primetime NFL telecast over the past month (13 total), since Bears/Cowboys on Sunday Night Football in Week 3.

Cleveland led all markets with a 46.5 rating, off a point from Indians/Marlins Game 1 in 1997 (47.5) but well ahead of the Cavaliers’ three NBA Finals openers — a 36.0 this year, a 41.4 in 2015, and a 34.3 in 2007. Local ratings for the competing Knicks/Cavaliers NBA season opener were not immediately available.

In Chicago, Game 1 had a 34.1 rating — up 2% from Game 1 of White Sox/Astros in 2005 (33.5), the last time a local team played in the World Series. By comparison, the Bears’ last Super Bowl had a 50.2 in the market, the Bulls’ last NBA Finals opener had a 47.2, and the Blackhawks’ last Stanley Cup Final opener had a 28.0.

I'm really curious what'll happen Sunday. Not only is it two NFC East teams in primetime, but it's also looking to be the best SNF matchup this season with two Top 10 teams, Cowboys being Top 5. And it's a storyline game for sole possession of first place in the division. But it's going against Game 5 of the WS, which could potentially be the the game that ends the whole thing.

bionic77

You are comparing the biggest event in baseball with an outcome that is guaranteed to make history to Thursday Night Football games?

Compare that shit to the SB and then get back to me.

That is good for baseball but the power of football is that they can somehow get 10+ million people to watch the Jags play every other Thursday on a cable channel.

Zeke

Man it is so annoying that the Eagles and Cowboys both draft a Qb in the same draft, and the Eagles give up a ton to move to #2, while the Boys take a guy in the 4th and it looks like the Cowboys might have got the better guy or at least that they look like they will be close.
Wentz will be fine once you guys give him some reliable targets to hit
pls don't do this
. That's really all that's stopping your offense right now. I hope both qbs work out well, will make future games exciting, anger inducing and depressing for both fan bases. Also :jnc at that Brock pic

Line_HTX

Kirk Cousins is wearing sunglasses at night to prepare for London game

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no.
Don't masquarade with the guy in shades, oh no.
Don't be afraid of the guy in shades, oh no.

bionic77

Wouldn't it be the most delicious thing ever if the NFL made up a rule to fuck over the Pats in this postseason the way they did against the Raiders in 2001?

Also call holding every single time Brady doesn't get sacked and defensive holding against the defense every time the ball is not completed or the qb gets sacked.

Please Roger. America needs this...

Hindl

The biggest screw job in the NFL history, it took a long time to review, while NY Headquarters was trying to find every rule to not make this a fumble..now that rule doesn't exist anymore lol...

Seriously. Spygate, Deflategate, whatever a lot of that stuff was stretching. But the Tuck Rule was bullshit

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Seriously. Spygate, Deflategate, whatever a lot of that stuff was stretching. But the Tuck Rule was bullshit

I always thought the tuck rule was one of those odd but necessary quirks in the rule book. On a pump fake, when does the "pass attempt" end and when does the qb reestablish full possession.

They get ironed out over time. Similar to the old infinite plane concept of the goaline. I prefer the modern rule on that one as well.

Zeke

Wouldn't it be the most delicious thing ever if the NFL made up a rule to fuck over the Pats in this postseason the way they did against the Raiders in 2001?

Also call holding every single time Brady doesn't get sacked and defensive holding against the defense every time the ball is not completed or the qb gets sacked.

Please Roger. America needs this...
Jerry going to make Kraft pay for walking out of that meeting the other day.

Sephzilla

I always thought the tuck rule was one of those odd but necessary quirks in the rule book. On a pump fake, when does the "pass attempt" end and when does the qb reestablish full possession.

They get ironed out over time. Similar to the old infinite plane concept of the goaline. I prefer the modern rule on that one as well.

I still feel it needs more updating. Get rid of the "ball breaking the plane of the goal" shit and make it so that a player has to have both feet in the end zone for it to count. A touchdown should involve a player actually touching the end zone.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I kinda like the touchdown rule as it is.

The tip of the football has always delineated the line between a first down or not so it follows logically the same way with scoring.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I still feel it needs more updating. Get rid of the "ball breaking the plane of the goal" shit and make it so that a player has to have both feet in the end zone for it to count. A touchdown should involve a player actually touching the end zone.

That would certainly change play calling at the goaline!

Pepiope

Man it is so annoying that the Eagles and Cowboys both draft a Qb in the same draft, and the Eagles give up a ton to move to #2, while the Boys take a guy in the 4th and it looks like the Cowboys might have got the better guy or at least that they look like they will be close.
At this point I'd still rather have Wentz. Dak looks like he'll be good though.

tmdorsey

How long was Wussle married?

Kids are great but it's nice to wait a few years before you have them and just enjoy the no condom fuck whenever lifestyle.

Those days don't come back...

Just so you know bionic they can comeback. Vasectomy my friend.

Top Bottom