• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

He's been awesome, even without Thompson back there. Although they should get Thompson back vs. the Eagles and that will get Adams off the base defense.

Either way it's going to come down to the OL and DL.
Thompson is more important than we give him credit for even with his limited play time. He was setting the defense for those first few games when they were really clicking. I'm really looking forward to getting him back on the field.

I have the Eagles game as a loss. Our offensive line /really/ struggles against the Eagles. It's all about match-ups and they are a match-up nightmare. Considering how vanilla the offense has been and the struggles we've had - it's an L in my book. Unless Ben actually does some soul searching and makes substantial changes to how he's calling games and schemes around the offensive line deficiencies.

bionic77

Well duh.
I played my 3DS a few times.

If the product is bomb ass you will find a way to play it. Outside of sports games and Shovel Knight nothing on the PS4 appeals to me anymore. And I can never get my friends over to play sports games with me so it is just a expensive as fuck blu-ray and dvd player.

gutshot

One interesting thing to note: Vinny Curry will count $9mil against the cap next season, 4th highest cap hit on the team (Peters, Johnson, Cox). He's not been as good in Schwartz's D as the Eagles probably expected. It might make sense for them to deal him now and free up the full $9mil next season. Wonder what kind of pick they could get for him? 3rd rounder? 2nd rounder?

Eh.

I bought a PS4 and I don't think I ever played it.
You can fix that in December when The Last Guardian comes out. Just sayin! :)

I'm playing Mafia 3 at the moment and have Gears 4 on deck next (I have an Xbox One S coming this weekend, too).

Just counting down to the PS4 Pro release.

brentech

MS is hitting it out of the park with their new hardware.

Really impressed with their desktop and the 16 hour battery life claims of their laptop.

Apple pay attention.
Surface Pro is fantastic piece of hardware, with software / firmware that is sometimes infuriating.

Outside of special purpose or just not owning a PC, there is little to no reason to own a Xbox One since the game catelog is supposed to match.

But yea, knowing your gaming tastes PS4 also makes no sense. I'm anxious to hear more about the Switch.
Maybe it's known already, but not sure if they'll still develop 3DS games or if everything moves to the Switch (hope so)

rando14

Same at my office.

I make my coffee at home and bring it to work in my zojirushi. Though to be fair I make it in a Nespresso which is like a Keurig, but good. Though still not as good as some gourmet shit. But good enough for me and convenient as fuck.

The zojirushi is some bomb ass shit though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PO9T44/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2

The only negative is like all mugs it is a pain to clean.

I used to drink the shitty coffee by the nurses station, everything sucked, life was in shambles....

Then I found out I had access to the physicians lounge and my life changed forever!!

I played my 3DS a few times.

If the product is bomb ass you will find a way to play it. Outside of sports games and Shovel Knight nothing on the PS4 appeals to me anymore. And I can never get my friends over to play sports games with me so it is just a expensive as fuck blu-ray and dvd player.

Last good Nintendo hardware was the DS Lite. Would love the Switch to be great but I dunno, can't see it happening.

Hindl

One interesting thing to note: Vinny Curry will count $9mil against the cap next season, 4th highest cap hit on the team (Peters, Johnson, Cox). He's not been as good in Schwartz's D as the Eagles probably expected. It might make sense for them to deal him now and free up the full $9mil next season. Wonder what kind of pick they could get for him? 3rd rounder? 2nd rounder?

He hasn't quite been showing up, but I think that means he wouldn't fetch much. He's 28 and hasn't broken out this year, probably no more than a 4th. Plus, I bet he sticks around because I'm assuming Barwin gets dealt, and then we're done to pretty much just BG and would have to find another DE in the draft or FA. Marcus Smith is making progress but right now he looks like a rookie with promise, not a 3rd year player, so he's not reliable.

Surface Pro is fantastic piece of hardware, with software / firmware that is sometimes infuriating.

Outside of special purpose or just not owning a PC, there is little to no reason to own a Xbox One since the game catelog is supposed to match.

But yea, knowing your gaming tastes PS4 also makes no sense. I'm anxious to hear more about the Switch.
Maybe it's known already, but not sure if they'll still develop 3DS games or if everything moves to the Switch (hope so)

I don't think they're greenlighting any new games for 3DS, but it'll probably get support through 2017. I'd guess at least the next Pokemon and maybe Monster Hunter will be on 3DS before going over to switch

bionic77

If you are not into western games (i.e. shooters, pretty RE clones, racers, etc) the new gen is a huge disappointment.

I used to drink the shitty coffee by the nurses station, everything sucked, life was in shambles....

Then I found out I had access to the physicians lounge and my life changed forever!!
My friend is a doctor and I have been in the doctors lounge in his hospital. That was some bomb ass shit.

Glad to see you are doing well friend. Get back to when you are finally rich. Until then I don't know you.

Zeke

Happened to me yesterday...Android (or Apple) Pay is your friend
That's how government gets you my friend!

stop being such a coffeelitist and get your fix!
I'm contemplating it :/

Same at my office.

I make my coffee at home and bring it to work in my zojirushi. Though to be fair I make it in a Nespresso which is like a Keurig, but good. Though still not as good as some gourmet shit. But good enough for me and convenient as fuck.

The zojirushi is some bomb ass shit though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PO9T44/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2

The only negative is like all mugs it is a pain to clean.
I do the same but I've been too lazy to brew anything in the morning. I really should start making my own again
French press for life

No reason to own a XBOX One now that MS is releasing everything on PC.

Only game this entire gen I feel like i'm missing not having a console is Bloodborne.

brentech

I don't think they're greenlighting any new games for 3DS, but it'll probably get support through 2017. I'd guess at least the next Pokemon and maybe Monster Hunter will be on 3DS before going over to switch
I'm okay with that. I owned a 3DS for a short time, finished a couple games and never touched again.
The problem for me was the great divide in their ecosystem.
The idea of all software being on the big screen and able to pick up and go is very enticing to me.

Hindl

If you are not into western games (i.e. shooters, pretty RE clones, racers, etc) the new gen is a huge disappointment.
Yeah I really prefer Japanese games to Western games and haven't gotten a ton yet. Bloodborne was great as was MGSV, Nintendo's offerings and Dark Souls, but other than that it's been kinda a waste. Luckily it seems like the generation is finally kicking into gear. Doom was great even though I don't like shooters, and a ton of great indies have released. And we have Dishonored 2, plus FFXV and Persona 5 soon, and Horizon looks great too. Plus Nintendo is looking to be coming in strong with the Switch, so while this generation is overall a bummer, Japan is finally getting its shit together

I'm okay with that. I owned a 3DS for a short time, finished a couple games and never touched again.
The problem for me was the great divide in their ecosystem.
The idea of all software being on the big screen and able to pick up and go is very enticing to me.
Same. Feel bad for some of the poor souls in Gaming. They keep trying to speculate and fudge numbers to say that it'll be somewhere between Xbox One and PS4, despite multiple very tech-oriented people in those threads telling them it'll be sub-XBO. Which is fine, if the rumors are right then ports won't be a huge problem it just will be missing some effects and have lower resolution. I'd take that trade off to take games on the go effortlessly. And Nintendo finally combining all of their resources into a single system would be huge.

bionic77

The switch makes a ton of sense.

For people who like Nintendo games you get all of them on one platform (more games and less money to spend on hardware). It also gives the best of both worlds with portability for the kids and big screen for their parents.

Really smart move for Nintendo. I don't think the power is going to matter but battery life is a big question.

For people who like Nintendo games you get all of them on one platform (more games and less money to spend on hardware). It also gives the best of both worlds with portability for the kids and big screen for their parents.

Really smart move for Nintendo. I don't think the power is going to matter but battery life is a big question.

Or a portable for those of us who don't have kids but still like to game on the go. Those long weekends during the holidays at my in-laws place oh dear lord I'd die without handhelds.

Hindl

I don't drink coffee

Same, just not a fan of bitterness. Same issue I have with tea.

Battery life is gonna be shit, I'm expecting that 3 hour rumor to be true. Sucks but chemistry and battery tech has only come so far. The bigger deal for me is the charging port on the handheld portion. Hopefully it's not proprietary and I could just use a power pack and USB cable to charge it on the go.

Fuck yeah. I'm thinking about buying one for myself. I haven't owned a piece of Nintendo hardware since the Gamecube but my wife wants to play Mario Kart.... so I'll be buying one.

I really want one of those Surface Books. I'll wait for prices to come down in the next couple of years but I think that the Surface Book plus a that dial would make editing my photos much easier. It's a bummer that the capacity is so low. I need at least 500 GBs of storage.

RBH

Just a heads up that Sicario is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video now.

Worth watching for the cinematography alone, honestly.

Spinluck

There Colts suck so much that no one is noticing that Luck is quietly having his best season, even though the team and management around is in shambles.

We will turn him into a poor man's Philip Rivers.

Line_HTX

There Colts suck so much that no one is noticing that Luck is quietly having his best season, even though the team and management around is in shambles.

Luck going 8-1 the rest of the way confirmed.

squicken

People know. It's just everyone is waiting for Irsay to fire Grigson and Pagano. I still think they win the AFCS. Oswillier is just too terrible to lead the Texans to too many more wins

Man it is so annoying that the Eagles and Cowboys both draft a Qb in the same draft, and the Eagles give up a ton to move to #2, while the Boys take a guy in the 4th and it looks like the Cowboys might have got the better guy or at least that they look like they will be close.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No reason to own a XBOX One now that MS is releasing everything on PC.

Only game this entire gen I feel like i'm missing not having a console is Bloodborne.

Good luck buying, downloading and playing those games that MS is releasing on pc. Buncha fucktards running their shit.

Hindl

Man it is so annoying that the Eagles and Cowboys both draft a Qb in the same draft, and the Eagles give up a ton to move to #2, while the Boys take a guy in the 4th and it looks like the Cowboys might have got the better guy or at least that they look like they will be close.

Dak is an excellent QB, and I think will at least be on par with Wentz. But if you switch their teams it would be different. Dak has the best OL in football, a RB on pace to break the rookie rushing record, and a few receivers worth a shit (Dez has been a nonfactor so far due to injury/Dak not throwing to him, I'm not ignoring him). The Cowboys offense is light years ahead of the Eagles. Until the Washington game Wentz was literally carrying the offense on his back and willing them to win. Dak's looking like the steal of the draft, but he also has a much better supporting cast. Of course this is offset in the wins department by Wentz having a much better defense, but it'll take a few years for the Eagles Offense to rival the Cowboys, if ever.

And after the Bradford trade, the Eagles didn't give up that much. 2016 1st, 3rd and 4th, and 2018 2nd for 2016 #2 and 2017 4th, plus another 2018 4th. Not too bad.

MechDX

Yeah local radio guys here were talking about it yesterday. Kind of a "you think we got it bad" thing

Good luck buying, downloading and playing those games that MS is releasing on pc. Buncha fucktards running their shit.
Gears has been their best release in that regard and it was a cluster to download it from the MS Store post-update.

At least its extremely well optimized.

Put some respeck on it, I ain't playin no mo.
might play some mo lata
Cody Kessler, who was once a third-string passer behind Robert Griffin III and Josh McCown, has thrown for a higher completion percentage than any of the other five passers and accounts for four of the Browns' seven passing touchdowns and just one of their seven interceptions.

Kessler currently has a higher passer rating than established passers like Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer and Cam Newton, and he's also higher in the metric than Carson Wentz, the second overall pick in Philadelphia whom some are quick to crown the next Andrew Luck.

It's hard to go under the radar as a quarterback in this league, but injuries—ahead on the depth chart, behind on the depth chart and to Kessler himself—have kept the third-round rookie from entering the spotlight. It's more fun to talk about Terrelle Pryor's hybrid reps behind center than make the case for a quietly good rookie leading an 0-7 team heading into Halloweekend.

According to Pro Football Focus, Kessler is second in the league behind Tom Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback who may win an MVP award despite missing four games because of suspension, in terms of completion percentage while under pressure.

For teams with losing records, we're quickly approaching draft season. Kessler has done enough to warrant second-guessing a quarterback going first overall to Cleveland in mock drafts.
a website

Gears has been their best release in that regard and it was a cluster to download it from the MS Store post-update.

At least its extremely well optimized.

I saw people in the Gears thread saying that they had problems downloading it on PC initially, but I dont remember anyone having problems downloading Forza Horizon 3 on PC. I thought that launch went very smoothly.

How you think I feel as a Giants fan?

Eli will retire in a few years, unless the Giants get lucky and land a QB, Dallas and Philly QBs will be in their prime and Giants will be fucked....here hoping Eli's final year we win a SB and that SB will ease the salt until find a franchise QB..

happy that you got 2 rings in the past 10 years? what kind of question is this to ask an eagles fan lmao

Hey man you dont know how rough it is for Giants fans. Their 2 time SB winning QB is going to retire soon and it might take the team a few years to find another one.

Man the Browns getting the top pick and taking another QB and trading away Kessler and him then becoming great seems like a very Browns turn of events.

MechDX

brocknoo.0.gif

130.gif

happy that you got 2 rings in the past 10 years? what kind of question is this to ask an eagles fan lmao

FUCK DA EAGLES....I hope Wentz continue to suck...
I need ya'll to win Sunday, if the crappy Giants can beat the Cowturds your team shouldn't have a problem..

Top Bottom