• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

MechDX

Mech when I think of Texans fans freaking out I think of you last season........and then them making the playoffs.

From swearing off the team to playoffs in the same season lol

It's a known fact. I could have misquoted ...

Last year I cared and I consider myself a hardcore fan. This year I honestly just dont care and watching Oz just melt away while laughing the entire time.

No disrespect intended but I could see a team like the Browns being excited to just make the playoffs. Texans have been there, done that and got thumped.

Ill just sit back and enjoy the ride while the wheels are on fire.

Also #FreeSavage!

Brock's yards per attempt are like those of a middling RB on a team with a bad OL.

Brocks YPA was worse this last Monday than the Texans running backs YPC

THAT is just embarrassing

Line_HTX

It's a known fact. I could have misquoted ...

It's different this time. This time I think it would be better in the long run to not make it this year. This division is so trash that there's more downside than upside to winning it.

It's also a known fact that you have shit tastes, biiitch~

6aRBX8Z.png

Fox318

Todd Bowles angrily refuses to name Jets’ backup quarterback

Todd Bowles refused to reveal the Jets’ backup quarterback Friday at a press conference for which the second-year coach was by turns confrontational and evasive.

The Jets, who entered the season carrying four quarterbacks, are down to two backup options after Geno Smith was lost for the season with a torn right ACL in the second quarter Sunday against the Ravens.

Either Bryce Petty or first-round pick Christian Hackenberg will be behind Ryan Fitzpatrick on depth chart, but for now, Bowles is playing his cards close to his chest.

“I’m not revealing that right now,” Bowles said. “I’ve decided, but I haven’t talked to [the coaches] yet to tell them what I’ve decided. … It’s a matter of me just telling the coaches at this point. I pretty much have my mind made up.”

Petty impressed early on, but missed six weeks due to a shoulder injury suffered in the final preseason game. Bowles confirmed that prior to the injury, Petty was “clearly ahead” of Hackenberg.

Bowles said Hackenberg has learned a lot, but the coach became outright hostile when the conversation circled back around to the backup situation.

“No offense, but if I’m not going to tell you who it is. Why are we having this discussion?” Bowles said. “It’s really a waste of time. I’m not going to tell you anything. It’s not open for discussion. Guys, let it ride.”

One reporter suggested Bowles might be keeping the information secret so as not reveal his plans to other team, and even at this, Bowles bristled.

“There you go,” he said. “Can we move on from here? Let’s move on, please. It’s not happening.”

tumblr_n2evlqgunn1sbf1mqo1_500.gif

http://nypost.com/2016/10/28/todd-bowles-angrily-refuses-to-name-jets-backup-quarterback/

somebody should tell him that the belicheat shit isn't going to work in ny.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Fox318

Regressing after a 10-6 season can't feel good.

His seat has to be getting a little warmer even though it's his second year. He's obviously getting at least a third year but he needs to toughen up with the New York media a little bit.

Its the fucking backup against the browns.

If he doesn't have confidence in Fitz like he supposedly had a fucking week ago then he should start the other guy.

There is not guarantee that he gets a third year especially since he hasn't proven that as a head coach a QB can prosper.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Its the fucking backup against the browns.

If he doesn't have confidence in Fitz like he supposedly had a fucking week ago then he should start the other guy.

There is not guarantee that he gets a third year especially since he hasn't proven that as a head coach a QB can prosper.

He's probably out of his depth on offense. If Chan Gailey doesn't believe in Fitzpatrick though that's pretty damning since he knows him pretty well.

Firing a head coach after two seasons feels very Browns-ish and I'm not sure if that's your answer. Although it might be possible that he's just a really good defensive coordinator and shouldn't be a head coach.

Regardless he needs to have a thicker skin when talking with the press. That's a major line of communication between the coach and the fans...the press are just the medium.

That's not Gus Shad..

BG gonna see two championships this year 😍
We are doing it friend.. we have won so much, we are getting sick of it.

Cleveland rocks.
Cleveland Rocks

Obtaining Ring - Hipster Manager vs Tito

🤔
Who do you love more?

This is the bed timeline

*folds arms and smiles*
I knew you would come around.. thank you for your support and congrats on becoming the new Shame Circle. :D

Because we never stopped BeCleving
Yes we did friend.

Fox318

He's probably out of his depth on offense. If Chan Gailey doesn't believe in Fitzpatrick though that's pretty damning since he knows him pretty well.

Firing a head coach after two seasons feels very Browns-ish and I'm not sure if that's your answer. Although it might be possible that he's just a really good defensive coordinator and shouldn't be a head coach.

Regardless he needs to have a thicker skin when talking with the press. That's a major line of communication between the coach and the fans...the press are just the medium.

If you know the guy isn't going to be good for the future of your team then you need to get rid of him.

Fans would be ok with the record if the team was losing games close and if they showed growth in key areas. Right now the jets defense looks like a fucking mess and whats worse is Wilkerson was out last week an the team played better which means the coach doesn't know how to scheme to use all the great talent on the defensive line.

And the secondary has been worse than expected

And the coach sits by while Chan tries to play west coast instead of running the fucking ball.

And the coach gives up games by punting because he saw his defense make a stop 1 year ago.

These are the acceptable responses for a coach in his position.

Coach with the recent injury to Geno Smith and the benching of your current starting Quarterback who is dressing as the backup and are they ready to start?

• I'm still making up my mind. Both Petty and Hackenburg are young and each have strengths and weaknesses that I am not sure yet which would be better against the Browns
  • Both Qbs will be dressed and ready on gameday.
  • "________" will be the backup on Sunday

Right now the only reason to not fire Todd Bowles is: "Well the franchise needs consistency"

They just made a statement last week in benching Fitz that they weren't confident in him being the future of the team.

So what the fuck is he doing playing games with this shit?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you know the guy isn't going to be good for the future of your team then you need to get rid of him.

Fans would be ok with the record if the team was losing games close and if they showed growth in key areas. Right now the jets defense looks like a fucking mess and whats worse is Wilkerson was out last week an the team played better which means the coach doesn't know how to scheme to use all the great talent on the defensive line.

And the secondary has been worse than expected

And the coach sits by while Chan tries to play west coast instead of running the fucking ball.

And the coach gives up games by punting because he saw his defense make a stop 1 year ago.

These are the acceptable responses for a coach in his position.

Coach with the recent injury to Geno Smith and the benching of your current starting Quarterback who is dressing as the backup and are they ready to start?

• I'm still making up my mind. Both Petty and Hackenburg are young and each have strengths and weaknesses that I am not sure yet which would be better against the Browns
  • Both Qbs will be dressed and ready on gameday.
  • "________" will be the backup on Sunday

Right now the only reason to not fire Todd Bowles is: "Well the franchise needs consistency"

They just made a statement last week in benching Fitz that they weren't confident in him being the future of the team.

So what the fuck is he doing playing games with this shit?

Sounds like the Jets aren't leaving the cellar anytime soon. What a mess.

Fuck the Pats!

Fox318

Sounds like the Jets aren't leaving the cellar anytime soon. What a mess.

Fuck the Pats!

Problem with Bowles is everything I've read up about the guy is that he wanted to have Gus Bradley's job.

No pressure to win, no media pressure, no backups at the QB position with clipboard holders people want to see play.

Just clock in and clock out on Sunday and float by on gradual growth claims despite the team looking worse after each game.

Rumors that Taylor Swift and Drake are seeing each other. Truly It is the year of Sweeney and BG, this is definitely doing it. Sweeney and I are now 1 spirit.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom