• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
justin20tuck20pats20giants.jpg

138329768.jpg

tom-brady-giantsjpg-3096bb2e0100b076.jpg

Ah the memories.

That's my cousin.

CFsaFRwUUAAogDD.jpg

Bitanator

It is kinda unreal how the depth has tested at nearly every position. QB, OG, OT, WR, RB(McFadden), DL, CB, S. Cowboys lost starters at almost every unit. Kudos to McClay and the coaching staff.

Speaking of coaching staff. Jason Garrett, the dude can draft offense. His Dad is a scout, his brother is a scout, scouting is just in his blood. I think this team is fine as long as Garrett has say on offensive personnel. Like the only terrible top 100 offensive pick in the Garrett era is Escobar, and Escobar is probably going to light it up like Marty B once he is on roster that doesn't have a Witten.

We drafted Escobar as a 12 personnel tight end as there was talks of running that extensively back when he was picked and then we figured out that hey we can run like mad and 11 personnel is our bread and butter, Escobar faded fast. In the right system he can shine, hell he is an endzone target. Tony did like finding him in the back there, can be an 8 TD guy somewhere

Its only week 9, but the NFC East teams remaining opponent's records..
Cowboys 34-30-1
Giants 29-35-2
Washington 33-30-1
Eagles 37-24-3

Giants with the easiest remaining schedule as it stands right now..

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shout outs to Bob Quinn, first year Lions GM, for drafting some studs on the offensive line. Taylor Decker, out of Ohio State, has been a great LT so far and Graham Glasgow, out of Michigan, has started the last two games at LG. Glasgow filled in after the benching of Laken Tomlinson and has played great. Travis Swanson, our 3rd year Center, has played brilliantly as well.

It probably helps not having Joe Lombardi calling 7 step dropbacks every other play.

Shout outs to Jim Caldwell too. I know a lot of Lions fans, myself included, were starting to become disillusioned with him but I love how the team has responded. He gets criticized far to often by Lions fans, IMO, but he's had some great moments as HC this season.

Jim Caldwell successfully lobbied for an extra 2 seconds in Lions win

Lions' Jim Bob Cooter outsmarts Vikings with new play to force OT

MINNEAPOLIS -- Ball at their own 33-yard line. Seventeen seconds showing on the clock. No timeouts.

Trailing by three.

So what do you do?

The Vikings were expecting the Detroit Lions to work the sidelines and try to get out of bounds. Detroit, of course, knew they expected this too.

So Jim Bob Cooter did the unexpected.

Detroit's bright young offensive coordinator called a play he had installed just a couple days before the game -- a play that worked the middle of the field, rather than the sideline. And the aggressiveness paid off.

Andre Roberts was wide open for a 27-yard catch, and Detroit rushed to the line of scrimmage in time to get off a spike with 2 seconds remaining. Matt Prater came on to complete the comeback with a 58-yard kick that forced overtime -- the second-longest game-tying field goal in the final minute of an NFL game.

In other words, that play was just enough. And Golden Tate finished off the 22-16 win with a TD catch in overtime.

Cooter's play design called for trips right, with each wideout cutting inward toward the middle of the field. That exploited the weakness in the defense, with Minnesota cheating outside toward the sideline.

The tradeoff, of course, was the Lions had to spike the ball before time expired if the pass were completed.

Farooq

Banned
We drafted Escobar as a 12 personnel tight end as there was talks of running that extensively back when he was picked and then we figured out that hey we can run like mad and 11 personnel is our bread and butter, Escobar faded fast. In the right system he can shine, hell he is an endzone target. Tony did like finding him in the back there, can be an 8 TD guy somewhere

Yea, I remember that. They wanted to emulate some of what NE was doing. Coincidently, I wouldn't be surprise if NE is one of Escobar's FA visits after this season.

Michael McCannVerified account
‏@McCannSportsLaw Michael McCann Retweeted Sports Illustrated
Greg Hardy allowed cops to search his car after a traffic stop. Not a good idea. They found a bag of cocaine. Now he faces a felony charge.

Now Greg Hardy is a despicable piece of shit, of course, but...

Don't let coppers search your car until you call bionic brehs

cdyhybrid

Michael McCannVerified account
‏@McCannSportsLaw Michael McCann Retweeted Sports Illustrated
Greg Hardy allowed cops to search his car after a traffic stop. Not a good idea. They found a bag of cocaine. Now he faces a felony charge.

Now Greg Hardy is a despicable piece of shit, of course, but...

Don't let coppers search your car until you call bionic brehs
Clearly he was passing his car around at a party and someone planted that in there.

Top Bottom