• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah don't know why Schefter mentioned that hit but come on! No roughing calls since 2014?

I have seen him take some brutal cheap shots this year alone.

If true that's really, really ridiculous.

His size should have no influence on a call IMO. At the same time, because of his size I understand QBs like him or Big Ben aren't going to get all the calls.

Any flag thrown for a late hit on Drew Bree's should be thrown for Cam Newton.

squicken

Incidental contact to the head of a QB or defenseless player is okay. What is illegal is forcible contact. Donald hit is close and I think it would be a flag for Brees or Brady, so it should be for Cam. But Barron's hit was very hard but also not illegal

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Incidental contact to the head of a QB or defenseless player is okay. What is illegal is forcible contact. Donald hit is close and I think it would be a flag for Brees or Brady, so it should be for Cam. But Barron's hit was very hard but also not illegal

They call plenty of incidental contact to a qb's head. Simple hand slaps when a defender is trying to sqat a pass and ends up coming down on the qb's helmet gets a flag almost all the time.

This is not specifically a comment about the play/gif you posted.

They call plenty of incidental contact to a qb's head. Simple hand slaps when a defender is trying to sqat a pass and ends up coming down on the qb's helmet gets a flag almost all the time.

This is not specifically a comment about the play/gif you posted.

I remember Curry getting called for his fingertip grazing a helmet. The inconsistency with which they call that shit is ridiculous.

Pepiope

I agree with cam. Yesterday Wentz was assaulted on a play when JPP went after his head. No flag, lost 4 points there and the game.

KaYotiX

Banned
Just spent the best part of half an hour digging out my old xbox 360 to find my Mass Effect saves, only to discover that they weren't on there.

So I then had to find my launch 360 and plug that in.

Only it uses a different power supply, so I then had to rummage through some old boxes to find the correct power brick and cable.

Then I had to put up the unholy jet engine roar of an 11 year old console as I transferred my old game saves over to my memory stick, which I then plugged into my brother's 360 that has wi-fi connectivity so I could finally upload them all to the cloud.

Worth it.

Is it really? Yeah they were good games but I can't see myself going back and replaying them. Need new shit!

People putting Pats/Cowboys as locks for 1 & 2 on power rankings must not care about strength of schedule.

Falcons have beaten the Raiders and Broncos, barely lost to Seattle and SD. Cowboys and Pats haven't played one team of that caliber all year. ATL isn't getting the credit they deserve.

Milk Jon gonna be your German teacher.

He told me I could move with him to Germany but than he rescinded his offer :(

Super Bowl !

We did it Dega!!

Edit: Man they are so hot even without the uniforms.
CwsTsI6UcAA163M.jpg

Line_HTX

Newton takes some shots that should get flagged (see: the Denver game). But Newton's also a mobile running quarterback who also doesn't really know how to protect himself. Some of the stuff he's complaining about is completely on him.

Newton and Luck are the same.

My man chris is outta control

BG pls...my team is on a win streak, I know you have no idea what that is but please let me enjoy it.

Chris needs to clam down, and grow sweet hair like us.

My military like hair style is perfectly acceptable.

That one on the right....lawd.

Right?! At least we excel at one thing

@FieldYates
The Dolphins have officially activated CB Chris Culliver from PUP to the 53-man roster, per source.

Good news, we need him (Which is sad)

Cam's biggest problem has always been the misapplication and inconsistency of the rules protecting QBs in the pocket.

He has no problem getting hit as a runner, because quite frankly the huge hits don't come when he's on the run. It's only when he's stationary in the pocket do people tee off on him.

This is fine

cam-newton-helmet-to-helmet-against-saints.gif

(even though it hurt like hell)

This is not

uffczbrlcpipmpfpn2wb.gif

But like Tony Dungy said last week, it shouldn't be his responsibility to fight that battle on his own behalf. He has 52 other players, an entire coaching staff, front office, and owner who should be totally invested in his health, well-being, and ability to perform at his highest level. They should be the ones campaigning for him.

Because when Cam does it, it gives the rest of the league the impression that he's soft and you end up with things like that one midget talking slick and missing the point entirely, but more importantly it gives defenses the idea that you can beat him mentally off the jump by hitting him as hard as you can until they throw a flag, if they throw a flag.

Fox318

People I watched football with are saying they are kinda over it. Games are too long and too many flags.

Does anyone else know people like this?

cdyhybrid

But like Tony Dungy said last week, it shouldn't be his responsibility to fight that battle on his own behalf. He has 52 other players, an entire coaching staff, front office, and owner who should be totally invested in his health, well-being, and ability to perform at his highest level. They should be the ones campaigning for him.
Not to mention the good-for-nothing NFLPA.

Ricker

''The Seahawks are back in Seattle where they did not lose yet this season and won 7 of their last 8 duels.Russel Wilson did not throw a touchdown pass in his last 3 games and they have been limited to 75 yards or less on the ground during the last 5 matches.

This bodes well,the Bills are 25th against the running game.LeSean McCoy should be back but it wont be enough for the Bills.''

Seahawks.

TheFatOne

People putting Pats/Cowboys as locks for 1 & 2 on power rankings must not care about strength of schedule.

Falcons have beaten the Raiders and Broncos, barely lost to Seattle and SD. Cowboys and Pats haven't played one team of that caliber all year. ATL isn't getting the credit they deserve.

Call me when ATL wins a playoff game. Until I see them win in the playoffs nothing they do matters. Don't trust that qb.

Edit: Also who the fuck give a shit about power rankings. They are fucking meaningless. It's just bullshit opinions to give these dumb ass analysts something to talk about.

Dishwalla

Banned
For some reason I just love all the replays of that ref throwing the flag at Kelce, followed by Kelce throwing his towel at the ref and the ref flinging his hat in the air.

Bread

Banned
People I watched football with are saying they are kinda over it. Games are too long and too many flags.

Does anyone else know people like this?
"Football is the least popular sport in the world right now" -Breadstream consumer reports

Giants.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 5s6 seconds ago
Victor Cruz's MRI checked out OK, I'm told. Initial diagnosis of low ankle sprain stands as called. Should be fine, back soon. #Giants

Good.

Also:

Justin Tuck, Ernie Accorsi and Tom Coughlin will all be inducted into the Giants Ring of Honor during Monday's game against the Bengals.

elitrade1107.jpg

tom-coughlin-e1326141955409.jpg

justin20tuck20pats20giants.jpg

138329768.jpg

tom-brady-giantsjpg-3096bb2e0100b076.jpg

Ah the memories.

Top Bottom