• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Speaking of disappearing, has anyone heard from RBH?

I'm kinda sorta a little worried about him at this point.

Scenario One: He is hanging by his fucking neck in his fucking closet.

Pi3918U.jpg

MechDX

From a Texans message board. I present the NFL offseason:

While I appreciate Dak Prescott, what he was able to do, & the promise of his future. Zeke was the reason Dak was able to do what Weeden couldn't.

Yeah, Dallas had a 1000 yard rusher in 2015, just like we did in 2016... but Zeke is a game changer. He keeps the offense on schedule & he'll flip the field, he scores in the red zone, every play in the play book is always available. When they were able to stop Zeke, the Cowboys offense looked like ours. But less than a handful of teams were able to stop him.

Zeke did for Dak what Lynch did for Wilson, LT did for Sanchez, Emmitt did for Troy, TD did for Elway. That doesn't mean those weren't great QBs, or became great QBs, or won't become great QBs. But Zeke is a beast.

We should trade our entire draft for Leonard Fournette & start Brandon Weeden from day 1

The Weed IS the #ColtKiller but damn.
kill me

Hindl

From a Texans message board. I present the NFL offseason:

The Weed IS the #ColtKiller but damn.
kill me

Fournette isn't even nearly the polished prospect Zeke was. He's the best pure runner since AD and maybe even Bo Jackson, but his pass protection and receiving out of the backfield need work. That's what separated Zeke from McFadden, Morris, and the other RBs that would run for 1K+ behind that line. Don't get me wrong, the OL made sure Zeke's main job was easy. But it's the other parts of his game that make him unique. Even ignoring everything else this idea doesn't make sense

BigAT

Edge the first of many...

I feel like in this new age of Zelda, there needs to be a discussion on rethinking the way we handle review scores. The current system just seems ill equipped to properly convey the majesty and greatness of the game.

Like a 10 is nice and all, but maybe there needs to be a new score invented when a game like Zelda goes so far and beyond anything that has come before it.

Happy Saturday!

bye82yty0lgycbylyxgd.gif

Still too soon. We're still in the same month

No no no

Yall got on me for leaving for a few days after my 15-1 team steamrolled through the season and then the playoffs and decided to lay down in the biggest game of their (and my) collective lives for the whole world to see.

Burning Crotch should show himself and receive his ridicule!

I'm sure Dr. RBH has more important shit to deal with and I wish him godspeed wherever he is

Hunter S.

I saw the rise of Tebow.
I saw the return of Manning.
I saw the greatest offense of all time fall.
Only to see a great defense win it all.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I had many laughs.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I look out to the sunrise and I see it turn orange and blue.

Go Broncos.

Josh

Good morning

No no no

Yall got on me for leaving for a few days after my 15-1 team steamrolled through the season and then the playoffs and decided to lay down in the biggest game of their (and my) collective lives for the whole world to see.

Burning Crotch should show himself and receive his ridicule!

I'm sure Dr. RBH has more important shit to deal with and I wish him godspeed wherever he is
But RBH's was more embarrassing..

Plus he was a better president than you

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good morning

But RBH's was more embarrassing..

Plus he was a better president than you

Well

Depends on how big of a fan of Cam Newton he was

Cam Newton took the biggest L that night whereas the Falcons collectively shit the bed. I don't see how you'd give Matt Ryan the same amount of heat as what Newton deserved.

This:
cam-newton-fumble-super-bowl-21016.jpg

And this:
cam-newton-495x330.jpg

Were pretty embarassing

Syrinx

I feel like in this new age of Zelda, there needs to be a discussion on rethinking the way we handle review scores. The current system just seems ill equipped to properly convey the majesty and greatness of the game.

Like a 10 is nice and all, but maybe there needs to be a new score invented when a game like Zelda goes so far and beyond anything that has come before it.

One time I think a reviewer used "infinity" for his score. But he wasted it on MGS 4.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Using someone that is rich and famous for any kind of conclusion of romantic success is cringeworthy.

Trump is a notorious asshole and one of the most divisive men of all time and he probably could pull down all kinds of women still

Greg Ogden might be the ugliest man alive but should I be shocked if he had "10s" all over him at the club?

Hugh Heffner.

Like I could go on here but I won't

Fl says it, it must be false.

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro!
Yeah..

Well

Depends on how big of a fan of Cam Newton he was

Cam Newton took the biggest L that night whereas the Falcons collectively shit the bed. I don't see how you'd give Matt Ryan the same amount of heat as what Newton deserved.

This:
cam-newton-fumble-super-bowl-21016.jpg

And this:
cam-newton-495x330.jpg

Were pretty embarassing
Let's assume Grova is a bigger Panthers fan more so than Cam fan..

Falcons still hold a bigger L to hold by far than the Panthers..

I'm not getting into a pissing match about "whose loss was worse" but I will say that SB50 would be so much easier to swallow had the Panthers actually put their best foot forward in that game. You play your best and just get beat and I can live with it.

I can't live with missed field goals, passes going through receivers hands turning into interceptions (and then Ginn actually had a chance to recover the ball after a fumble but whiffed on it. That was much more egregious and impactful than Cam's fumble, but yall can't make memes from that), not tackling punt returners, nonsensical penalties. It was beyond just Miller and Ware winning their individual matchups with Remmers and Oher over and over, the Panthers very much played a part in their own demise in that game. It was a hell of a thing to watch a team that rarely made a mistake for 18 games, suddenly make all the possible mistakes in the final and most important one.

The only consolation is that these very same Broncos suffered their own embarrassing Super Bowl loss following a dominant (at least offensively) season and managed to recover a few years later. We just need to find an all-time historically good defense, an offensive line, some wide receivers, a kicker worth a damn, and some HGH and we'll be set!

bionic77

Agree.

Use regular numbers for regular ass last gen games.

But for these games of forever type shit you need to rank them on an orgy scale. Threesome, foursome, etc. Its the only way I can think of that accurately summarizes the level of servicing being done.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Broncos are doomed to only be involved in Super Bowl blowouts.

Super Bowl 50 24-10 Broncos
Super Bowl 48 43-08 Seahawks
Super Bowl 33 34-19 Broncos
Super Bowl 32 31-24 Broncos (The one exception)
Super Bowl 24 55-10 49ers, the biggest blowout in the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl 22 42-10 Washington.
Super Bowl 21 39-20 Giants.
Super Bowl 12 27-10 Cowboys.

Sanjuro

We had an Indian/Pakistani pizza last night that was amazing.

Otherwise i only fucks with the NY style pizza. Pizza Hut and the other trash is for kids (which my kids love but they are fucking 6 years old).

Papa Gino's is my chain of choice. NY style is very hit or miss in these parts.

Farooq

Banned
John Wick 2 brehs

Can't wait for John Wick 3

I saw it twice the week it released. I want to see it again.

We had an Indian/Pakistani pizza last night that was amazing.

Otherwise i only fucks with the NY style pizza. Pizza Hut and the other trash is for kids (which my kids love but they are fucking 6 years old).

What were the toppings? Never had a South Asian style pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom