• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

bionic77

Gaming hardware discussion just caught some bans and another batch is probably on the way.
Just goes to show.
Football may not be the worst!
Sometimes it is hard to tell when people are just plain stupid or are being willfully ignorant.

So many times a question is answered in the first 100 posts and yet you will see other posters continue to ask said incorrect question or continue to post an incorrect fact throughout the thread.

Shits cray.

Father time is undefeated
cdzam3wl38v6zm9tk6at.gif

Greg

Father time is undefeated
in my defense, I'm about to sleep and I don't have my glasses on, but

I read your post and then watched that gif a few times... and then read your post again and watched the gif a few more times thinking... wait, what?

and then I noticed he missed

With the Final Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Saints-Gaf Selects: said:
Saints take Adoree Jackson, CB from USC, with the 32nd pick.

He is close to best defensive player available and an obvious need. Delvin Breaux is our best CB and not good enough when healthy to be a true shutdown corner. And he was out for most of 2016 and didn't look like the same player when he did return. The Saints secondary in the last few years has done their best to make sure Drew Brees gets a 5,000 yrd season by given up so many points. Padding Drew Brees stats is an admirable goal, but the Saints need to win and all indications is that the defense is getting the bulk of the high draft picks this year.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233646159&postcount=4850

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes

3. Chicago Bears - NFL-Gaf
Solomon Thomas, DE - Stanford

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL-Gaf
Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - NFL-Gaf
Mike Williams, WR - Clemson

6. New York Jets - Fox
O.J. Howard, TE - Alabama

7. Los Angeles Chargers - NFL-Gaf
Malik Hooker, S -Ohio State

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
Jonathan Allen, DL - Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals - NFL-Gaf
Reuben Foster, LB - Alabama

10. Buffalo Bills - NFL-Gaf
Jamal Adams, S - LSU

11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Derek Barnett, DE - Tennessee

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles) - Flo, BG
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - UNC

13. Arizona Cardinals - NFL-Gaf
Patrick Mahomes, QB - Texas Tech

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
Corey Davis, WR - Western Michigan

15. Indianapolis Colts - NFL-Gaf
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
Takkarist Mckinley, DE - UCLA

17. Washington Redskins - NFL-Gaf
Haason Reddick, LB - Temple

18. Tennessee Titans - NFL-Gaf
Gaereon Conley, CB - Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Christian McCaffrey, RB - Stanford.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233889842&postcount=5786

20. Denver Broncos - NFL-Gaf
Garett Bolles, T - Utah

21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Taco Charlton, DE - Michigan

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)
Forrest Lamp, G - West Kentucky

23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
David Njoku, TE - Miami

24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
Jarrad Davis, LB - Florida

25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
Jabrill Peppers, S - University of Michigan

26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
Kevin King, CB - Washington

27. Kansas City Chiefs - NFL-Gaf
Deshaun Watson, QB - Clemson

28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
Marlon Humphrey, CB - Alabama

29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
Mitch Leidner, TE - Minnesota
Tre'Davious White, CB - LSU

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
Carl Lawson, DE - Auburn

31. Atlanta Falcons
T.J. Watt, LB - Wisconsin

32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus
Adoree Jackson, CB - USC

Thanks to everyone who participated!

MechDX

Texans having Robinson in today and tomorrow along with Watson for 2 days. Mahomes finishes his 2nd with them today.

Last day for pre draft visits is Wednesday. FWIW they have never finished visits with big names in that years draft before.

Almost everything they are doing this off season goes against what they do historically

bionic77

Every year I say I will go to at least one Rockets game, and next thing I now, regular season is over.
I was in your town this weekend staying with my wife's brother.

Houston is really a great city even though it is weird for me as an east coaster (eveything is designed around cars). But I love how affordable the city is. This is the 4th largest city in the county and they paid half what I did for my house. That's pretty cool and I am envious. They had some bougie ass shit that my wife liked too. Super diverse city too.

Galvaston is shit though. Even Jersey has better beaches.

The best thing was they had one of those Japanese toilets in their house. Damn that wasn't some service yo!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Houston is really a great city even though it is weird for me as an east coaster (eveything is designed around cars). But I love how affordable the city is. This is the 4th largest city in the county and they paid half what I did for my house. That's pretty cool and I am envious. They had some bougie ass shit that my wife liked too. Super diverse city too.

The best thing was they had one of those Japanese toilets in their house. Damn that wasn't some service yo!

It's affordable but your commute would be murder.

The food is amazing and the night life is decent for sure.

For living, I actually like the newer style large homes that are common in the suburbs there and in Texas and frankly most of the south. St Louis doesn't have anything like that and even new homes are built more functional and conservative with fewer angles and curves on the inside.

If you despise winter, it's got that going for it too. It's perfect for owning a year round sports car to drive to work.

If you can somehow land a job in oil and gas, you'll make at least 20% and up to 50% more just based on the industry. Although the extra pay is really partially designed for employees to save for the next energy crash so they can remain local until things rebound again.

The shopping is first rate if you still buy things offline and you can find a store for just about anything. Malls are regularly packed so obviously retail isn't hurting too terribly.

All that said, much of the city is one big ugly strip mall or dilapidated suburb. Most of the massive space between the loop and the beltway is where the crime happens. Gentrification will never reach those parts of town since even the size of the more trendy inner loop is too large to fully gentrify. There's also a racial factor with the bad neighborhoods and the good ones in the outer cities and suburbs. So Houston is far more diverse than somewhere like Milwaukee or St Louis but predominantly black and Latino neighborhoods face the same issues as any other city. Sugarland is the exception and seems to be a literal diversity utopia where well to do white folks live in the same areas as well to do minorities. That's where you'd want to live if you moved to Houston probably.

Downtown is also just "okay" too compared to somewhere like Chicago or NYC. It's mostly for people that work there but I can't recommend it as a tourist spot unless you're seeing a show at the Hobby Center or going to a basketball game.

I think it's a great city though. It's just a matter of looking past the sprawl, heat, traffic, and lately it's sluggish economy!

Bowser

IIRC after his 2015 season (55 tkls, 11 sacks) he was looking for Fletcher Cox money (6y, $103m, $63m gtd) while DG had drawn a line in the sand at ~$15m per. Good compromise here, avg of $16m per but according to reports Short gets $40m over the first 2 years.

BigAT

Isn't it super weird to have sex with somebody who's like 1/3 your size?

I would ask BigAT, but that would suggest he has ever had sex.

Well I'm glad you're at least taking my lessons to heart:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1350863

I'm so sorry for you married folks and of course BigAT.

"I'm so sorry for you married folks. I would say I feel sorry for BigAT, but you can't have less sex than none."

I'm going to have to start punching up your insults for you.

It's a tough road, but I'll make a mediocre poster out of you yet!

jmdajr

Glad you enjoyed the stay. Not the most pleasing to the eye but you can make a good living here for sure.

Patriots get: 2017 1st overall pick; 2018 conditional fourth round pick (from Browns); WR Josh Gordon
Saints get: CB Malcolm Butler; QB Cody Kessler; 2017 second round pick from Browns (53rd)
Browns get: QB Jimmy Garoppolo; LB Stephone Anthony; 2017 first round pick from Saints (11th), 2017 third round pick from Saints (76th), 2018 conditional fifth round pick (from Patriots)

Mock draft by Bill Barnwell, doesn't he work for the Browns 🤔🤔🤔.

Top Bottom