• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

cdyhybrid

pgF8bhX.png

Smh

20 teams potentially losing chartered flight arrangements for 2017

Per a league source, roughly 20 teams may end up without charter arrangements for the 2017 season. According to Forbes.com, American recently suspended its charter arrangements with six NFL franchises: the Cardinals, Ravens, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, and Steelers.

According to the Forbes report, American will continue to service the Panthers, Cowboys, and Eagles.

The issue, based on information from PFT's source, extends beyond American Airlines. Delta is believed to be doing the same thing, and United could be next.

Vikings still have that boat right? Otherwise, it's looking like Spirit Airways is about to get a lot more business!

Draxal

I didn't say it was bad, it's actually a great joke. But if more than the three of us get it, I would be shocked.

We're good, I just get depressed when talking about college sports now and doubly depressed when talking about college football.

But yeah, I was only expecting you and Slo to get that one.

dionysus

Yaldog
20 teams potentially losing chartered flight arrangements for 2017

Vikings still have that boat right? Otherwise, it's looking like Spirit Airways is about to get a lot more business!

Fake news. There are 1,000s of charter flight companies that would love the work. The only thing the major airlines offer are big planes (so just one flight for the team) at a cheap price. The alternative is going to be teams pay more, not teams all of the sudden taking buses.

As a Falcons fan I never thought I'd want to watch football again but with the draft coming up the fever is already back. Really hoping we get a good pass rushing talent in the first but wouldn't be opposed to a top guard if they are available, we need to fill the gap left by Chris Chester.

We are working out OJ Howard but not sure why, it would never happen. Maybe we are just comparing talents at the TE position to draft one in a later round if Sarkisian wants to run more multiple TE sets.

Fake news. There are 1,000s of charter flight companies that would love the work. The only thing the major airlines offer are big planes (so just one flight for the team) at a cheap price. The alternative is going to be teams pay more, not teams all of the sudden taking buses.

Oh, they'll absolutely work something out to where the teams can still fly privately. No one wants to take this back to the 50s.

But guess who takes the brunt of those additional costs? My guess is the multi-billionaires who ask for public money so they can replace 25 year old stadiums wouldn't have a problem hiking up ticket prices to cover additional cost of travel for the team.

Jarnet87

Keep seeing more and more mocks with him going to the Eagles.

No. Just no.

If they want a RB, wait till round 2 or 3 and take Mixon. Get the best CB, DE, or WR at 14.

A lot of mocks don't have him getting past Carolina with Fournette going to Jacksonville.

dionysus

Yaldog
Oh, they'll absolutely work something out to where the teams can still fly privately. No one wants to take this back to the 50s.

But guess who takes the brunt of those additional costs? My guess is the multi-billionaires who ask for public money so they can replace 25 year old stadiums wouldn't have a problem hiking up ticket prices to cover additional cost of travel for the team.

My issue is just the last line of the article, not you for posting it. "The source said that roughly 20 teams currently don’t have a charter provider for the coming season, and that it could become a “real issue” for the league." In actuality this is just normal business negotiations with no chance of being a "real issue."

MechDX

"Being in this system for my 4th year now it's gonna be fun. Going forward we gotta be able to play fast & protect the ball."-Savage #Texans

All these Savage quotes are getting me aroused at work

JABEE

All I know is every season the Texans and BOB have the luxury of many good QBs to choose from. It is a good problem to have.

jmdajr

MechDX

DeAndre Hopkins said he is mad at Tom Savage because when he went to his house there were no Blue Moons. #Texans

Welp. Nuk had a good run. Trade him

Top Bottom