• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIrJobxXgAA01XL

Browns really got fucked.
I had some shower thoughts about this today...

Maybe contracts, or at least for massive stars, should have their pay set as a percentage of the salary cap, rather than strict dollar amounts. The money signed in the contract is still outlined by a minimum based on the current year's salary cap when they're signed. So if in 2012 Aaron's rodgers signed "the biggest deal in the league" and it was 17% of the team's salary cap, each year. So when Stafford signs an even bigger contract in 2017, he has a higher "base" minimum dollar amount earnable, but his % is the same. So if he signs for 17%, him and Rodgers would be making the same money.

MechDX

So basically Elways girl stopped calling
Left with the guy who had more money(Texans)fucked him
Who then got tired of her and sent her to another guy(Browns) who had some fun but was never happy
Then he sent her packing and Elway not being able to find anything else is begging for her to come back

Hunter S.

That trade was always more about the pick than Brock. Wasnt there talk when the trade happened about how the Browns didn't even expect him to make the team?
Honestly, I have not paid attention. Just a comment I made because people were acting like this some how hurts the Broncos when it does not.

Gobias

Banned
I saw a post on a Browns forum about how the Browns were just tanking the season after cutting Brock and Grecco. I wonder what he would think if he was a Jets fan.

brentech

Said it back when the trade happened. That trade only had one failstate for the Browns, and that was to end up starting Brock.
He's not the guy. It was all for picks. They weren't going to spend that money anyways.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck

#Steelers could be landing spot for @BossWard43. Hearing could be some interest there. He will land on his feet.
1:36 PM - 2 Sep 2017

MechDX

Said it back when the trade happened. That trade only had one failstate for the Browns, and that was to end up starting Brock.
He's not the guy. It was all for picks. They weren't going to spend that money anyways.

Sashi and Rick Smith started the NFL Salary Dump era. Let the games begin!!

Pray for the old guards like Bill Polian who will completely lose their shit over it

Beach

If anyone's in LA there literally live streaming a guy watching his home about to burn down on ABC 7 for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom