• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

jerdiolpqoet70vbmvcj.gif

Basically they can go out and spend it on whatever the fuck they want. They'll probably splash a large part of it on at least one big name before the transfer period ends. Current rumors are around Coutinho from Liverpool for around 100 million, Mbappe (Baby from AS Monaco, kid is like 18) for 180 million (although there are rumors he said yes to Real Madrid already). There are also claims Messi lobbied for them signing fellow Argentinian Dyballa from Juventus.
I see said the blind man

Maybe the Dolphins will be bad enough for Darnold.
Even if Darnold declares,

No way is anyone outtanking the Jets (I think it's possible they go 0-16 with that schedule) I see one win (Cleveland and even I don't truly believe they can beat Cleveland) and maybe they split with Miami.

gutshot

Basically they can go out and spend it on whatever the fuck they want. They'll probably splash a large part of it on at least one big name before the transfer period ends. Current rumors are around Coutinho from Liverpool for around 100 million, Mbappe (Baby from AS Monaco, kid is like 18) for 180 million (although there are rumors he said yes to Real Madrid already). There are also claims Messi lobbied for them signing fellow Argentinian Dyballa from Juventus.

They should go after Pulisic. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

MechDX

My cable guy is here doing an installation and Im pretty sure I just watched him pop open a 32oz beer and pour it into a McDonalds cup. Wonder if I can get some free channels out of him?

gutshot

The American Messi 🔥🔥🔥

Love Pulisic, hope he can keep on growing in Dortmund before joining a world class club.

Yeah, true. Dortmund is actually a great spot for him as they are good enough for the Champion's League, but not so talented that he would be buried on the bench the way James was at Real Madrid.

My cable guy is here doing an installation and Im pretty sure I just watched him pop open a 32oz beer and pour it into a McDonalds cup. Wonder if I can get some free channels out of him?

I think he sounds like he'd give you Skinemax just for a pack of smokes.

Hindl

Tannehill's only 29 and this is his first major injury where he'll miss extended time. There's no need for the Dolphins to get a new QB already. Tank and get better blue chip prospects at OL and defense so you're ready when he comes back

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

jakncoke moved to Houston and got a job?

MechDX

Tannehill's only 29 and this is his first major injury where he'll miss extended time. There's no need for the Dolphins to get a new QB already. Tank and get better blue chip prospects at OL and defense so you're ready when he comes back

Why? As much shit as Cutler gets he had a good run under Gase. Sign him and take a shot, nothing to lose

I do agree.. Ohio State will probably have two first rounders at defensive end that can make them better in Tyquan Lewis and Hubbard. Also Wilkins from Clemson as another top Dline prospect and Derwin James from FSU

Oline wise.. it's a better than last year's class I would say as you can draft Billy Price who can play guard and center. Connor Williams out of Texas or that ND tackle

There are good options for Miami if they decided to say fuck it

Why? As much shit as Cutler gets he had a good run under Gase. Sign him and take a shot, nothing to lose
I do actually agree on this actually.. Cutler in Miami could work.

There aren't any bad options for Miami to do in this shitty situation

Hindl

I'm more talking about the people saying they should tank for Darnold or other QBs next draft. I'd actually agree with bringing Cutler out for a year. I'm just saying they shouldn't draft a QB next year, but running with Cutler could be interesting

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also Miami with no QBs is better than the JETS with three. They are one of the least talented teams ever fielded, and that's saying something considering what the Browns put up the last few years. They cut to the bone to get this tank on.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Are there still ways to game the system? I kinda figured everything was done at the central office now.

So the Dolphins screwed themselves? Tanny didn't have surgery to repair the partial tear now he will need surgery....what a blunder, should have fixed it last year..

Bronx-Man

Banned
Also Miami with no QBs is better than the JETS with three. They are one of the least talented teams ever fielded, and that's saying something considering what the Browns put up the last few years. They cut to the bone to get this tank on.
Watch them win some meaningless game against the Chargers 14-7 and end up settling for 2nd pick while Cleveland pulls off 0-16, Twice in a Lifetime

Gobias

Banned
I had a dream that the Browns were losing to the Chargers 47-10, but it was the San Diego Chargers so thankfully it was only an unrealistic dream.

Hindl

Shit, completely random thought but I forgot Nick Chubb stayed in college an extra year. Hopefully he can return to form, I liked him before his injury. And with Barkley and Guice probably being the top RBs going into the draft, Chubb could be a good target for the Eagles if they have a good season and are picking later

Shit, completely random thought but I forgot Nick Chubb stayed in college an extra year. Hopefully he can return to form, I liked him before his injury. And with Barkley and Guice probably being the top RBs going into the draft, Chubb could be a good target for the Eagles if they have a good season and are picking later
There might be a silver lining after all in not landing Cook

Hindl

There might be a silver lining after all in not landing Cook
I wasn't too worried since I knew 2018 was almost as stacked as 2017 for RBs. And if Jones recovers, he is indisputably a better pick than Cook. In general, I'd take a Pro Bowl corner over an All-Pro RB every day of the week. But man I fell in love with Cook hard and he'd be perfect for this offense. And the Eagles were so close to getting him

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watch them win some meaningless game against the Chargers 14-7 and end up settling for 2nd pick while Cleveland pulls off 0-16, Twice in a Lifetime

Browns will face the JETS this season.

I think the most JETS thing possible is for McCown to have a career year, stay healthy all 16 games, and go something like 4-12 to 6-10.

Furyous

The Phins cannot sign Kaep after his comments about Fidel Castro. Yes, this signing makes football sense. Yes, the Phins are a better team with healthy Kaep. But you can't show support for Castro in Miami.

Hindl

Oh hey. One of the hosts on the Eagles podcast I listen to is really into Phish. That's pretty cool

Oh shit and they played Phish as the outro music

Bread

Banned
Oh hey. One of the hosts on the Eagles podcast I listen to is really into Phish. That's pretty cool

Oh shit and they played Phish as the outro music
i didn't know it was possible to make an eagles podcast sound less appealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom