• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Owners care, he can strike and lock out, but players only get paid weeks 1-17, how many of them gonna want their money? how many of them gonna want to get back on the field?

Yep, with the NFL having such large rosters, and only the top players likely able to get by, they will crack, and the NFL knows it.

Like the Owners care, he can strike and lock out, but players only get paid weeks 1-17, how many of them gonna want their money? how many of them gonna want to get back on the field?

Only way strike even has a chance is if the NFLPA coordinated with all the players in the league to manage their money a year before and to prepare for the strike...of course that would screw rookies and FA. They'd only have to go a couple of weeks into the season before pressure from the fans/loss of revenue would start affecting the owners/league.

Of course the NFLPA is too incompetent to even attempt that

Yep, with the NFL having such large rosters, and only the top players likely able to get by, they will crack, and the NFL knows it.

Yeah there is no way for the NFLPA to win this battle, rookies will play to get paid and those who were 2nd/3rd string will want to play to have a better chance to show off their stuff for 4 quarters in an actual game.

Final Grades:

Evil Twin I Speak The Language of Television IPA: 3.5 Gata Abandoned By Their Fathers bionic out of 5 (Hello Brooklynnnnnnnnn)

Ballast Point Victory at Sea w/ Peppermint: 2.5 too young to drink Tall4Lifes out of 5

JABEE

Since we are taking down statues that memorialize losers can this one be next:

Dan-Marino-statue.jpg
This may be the greatest post of the offseason, yet it is not getting the respect it deserves.

Jarnet87

Tonight is the night we see OJ Howard show his top 5 talent and safety Justin Evans will win the starting spot.

Just kidding. OJ Howard will block all game and Justin Evans will continue the Bucs 2nd round curse. Just want to see Djax catch a bomb tonight and no one gets injured.

Depends, I think if the PA frames it correctly they can do it.

Like this:

"It used to be that guys played until the bodies (age) forced them to retire. With what we now know about concussions, it's different. You can afford to lose a season, because you won't have lost anything. Your 8 year career will still be an 8 year career. You'll retire from football at 30 instead of 29."

That's how I'd come at it. Hell, strike for 2 years. Start playing exhibition games at public venues without the NFL brand. Money talks, if the owners see that the players can actually walk away, they'll start making concessions pretty damn quick.

Slo

Depends, I think if the PA frames it correctly they can do it.

Like this:

"It used to be that guys played until the bodies (age) forced them to retire. With what we now know about concussions, it's different. You can afford to lose a season, because you won't have lost anything. Your 8 year career will still be an 8 year career. You'll retire from football at 30 instead of 29."

That's how I'd come at it. Hell, strike for 2 years. Start playing exhibition games at public venues without the NFL brand. Money talks, if the owners see that the players can actually walk away, they'll start making concessions pretty damn quick.

But I'm six months behind on my Lambo payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom