• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

I never really played Sonic beyond the first two levels on the GameGear. I tried playing some after the Genesis in the 2000s but it wasn’t Mario.

JABEE

I think I hold more fondness for the cartoon and theme song than the games themselves. I was born in the middle of the Sonic craze. My earliest gaming memory was playing Donkey Kong Country when I was like 3-4 years old.

We didn’t have a Genesis. I played NES and SNES. Then we got a N64. Next, my Dad bought a PS1 because we played Final Fantasy together.

Sega’s Prime was over when I started playing games. I don’t really think I missed that much beyond some third party stuff.

Gobias

Banned
Sonic has good fanfic y'all should google some

uetM2fG.jpg

Good work

Slo

NFLN commentators are calling for a Kellen Moore hail mary.

Edit: They took a knee at midfield instead. :jnc

bionic77

Sonic never had shit on Mario in terms of gameplay but the 2D soundtracks have always been smooth
I was really into the first two Sonic games during my Genesis phase, but once I got my SNES game rolling I never went back to that console.

Playing the new one I am like what the fuck did I ever like about these games? They all ages horribly. I liked the DC adventure games in the moment but play them now and you can see they suck.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was really into the first two Sonic games during my Genesis phase, but once I got my SNES game rolling I never went back to that console.

Playing the new one I am like what the fuck did I ever like about these games? They all ages horribly. I liked the DC adventure games in the moment but play them now and you can see they suck.

Nods.

RBH

Completed? I don't see any banners
The most recent Falcons/Seahawks game was quite fun

"Lead 3 quarters of a Super Bowl"
You root for the Browns
pachah1.png

Wheres the Chik Fil A that isnt open on gamedays?
Oh no, a concession stand that won't be open for 7 Sundays out of the 365 days of the year where there'll be numerous other events (Atlanta United matches, concerts, college football games)!

Can't believe that Chick-Fil-A "story" gained any traction
sabu.png

MechDX

The most recent Falcons/Seahawks game was quite fun

You root for the Browns
pachah1.png

Oh no, a concession stand that won't be open for 7 Sundays out of the 365 days of the year where there'll be numerous other events (Atlanta United matches, concerts, college football games)!

Can't believe that Chick-Fil-A "story" gained any traction
sabu.png

How about the touted retractable roof that doesnt actually retract?

https://www-nydailynews-com.cdn.amp...stadium-ready-business-roof-article-1.3415574

/folds arms

Pepiope

New photos of the now completed Mercedes-Benz Stadium:

IMG_5735.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/h6-dCxFoXiJ-NziUkZYQV8-CFek=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9057573/IMG_5762.jpg[/ig]

[img]https://cdn.vox-cdn.om/thumbor/9V00NmefLFwlq4vm9XF2vu3aiqI=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9057549/IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

More photos: https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-...ns-mercees-benz-stadium-photos-atlanta-united
That stadium looked amazing when I was down in Atlanta.

Side note: Atlanta is huge as fuck and I never want to go to that airport again.

The DC games were technical showcases at the time, but the gameplay side is lacking. They've aged... badly.

The original 2D games are still good. Sonic 2 and 3&K are great. Mania is pretty great as well.

Mania is reminding me how much more I like classic Sonic than 2D Mario... I feel like I'm half-comatose playing the latter...

Of course, Mario Galaxy is better than all of the above

Spinluck

Yeah liking 2D Sonic over 2D Mario is definitely a sign of a glitch in the Matrix

2D Marios are great games, but ever since SM64 it's been hard for me to touch another 2D Mario game outside of SMW. On the flip side it's easy as fuck to pick up a 2D Sonic over any of the 3D iterations.

Ever since I tried the old Sonic games I liked it more than 2D Mario, the physics based platforming allowed for more experimentation and exploration, and that's more my style. 2D Mario's were kinda of linear by design, which allowed for better level design, but not as many playthroughs or options for me personally.

One thing I'm loving about Mania is that the levels are fucking gigantic. I can't remember ever hitting 200 rings on the first run through of a level in any 2D Sonic lol. Music is dope too.

In the overall scope of things, 3D Mario is still king of the platforming world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom