• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

2D Marios are great games, but ever since SM64 it's been hard for me to touch another 2D Mario game outside of SMW. On the flip side it's easy as fuck to pick up a 2D Sonic over any of the 3D iterations.

Ever since I tried the old Sonic games I liked it more than 2D Mario, the physics based platforming allowed for more experimentation and exploration, and that's more my style. 2D Mario's were kinda of linear by design, which allowed for better level design, but not as many playthroughs or options for me personally.

One thing I'm loving about Mania is that the levels are fucking gigantic. I can't remember ever hitting 200 rings on the first run through of a level in any 2D Sonic lol. Music is dope too.

In the overall scope of things, 3D Mario is still king of the platforming world though.
I was mostly kidding, it's just a dffference in playstyles. That "What do you actually do in Sonic?" thread got a lot of snarky responses, but it's something I've always felt about Sonic.

Sega's whole push was "Gotta go fast!" and a focus on the speed of the game, so naturally you want to play that way. But really, whizzing through the levels is something you can only do once you know the levels inside and out, and you need to repeat the stages a decent amount for that. Until then you need to go slow and explore. It always felt to me like there were two competing design philosophies that clashed with each other.

When you're going slow, it feels jerky, and extra slow because I always have the urge to go full sprint. With Mario, going full speed even if you don't know the level is fine because it's still not that fast. With Sonic, if you go full speed you'll inevitably crash into something because you don't really have time to see what's coming. I just don't think Sonic feels good to play unless you're going fast, and you aren't going to be able to go fast until you play the levels a few times to understand them.

I guess you kinda nailed it in the 2nd paragraph. Sonic is for exploration and experimentation, Mario is for tightly designed, linear platforming. I've never been one for exploration and playing levels over again in general, while that's more what you want in games

I was walking on a trail. He sped up getting out of his lane going towards me and I catch a glimpse of him smiling as he goes by.

If I don't move out the way he hits me with his van. Idk if he was trying to scare me or something.

Wow man, I hope you got his license plate, I'd have filed a police report.

cdyhybrid

🚨🚨🚨

VN0yh0O.jpg

🚨🚨🚨

Pepiope

Wow man, I hope you got his license plate, I'd have filed a police report.
It happened so fast, and I was just in shock about the whole thing so I didn't get it in time. Just sucks the rest of the walk I was looking at every car that passed by me.

And sadly there were no other cars or people to witness it either.

FTF

I was walking on a trail. He sped up getting out of his lane going towards me and I catch a glimpse of him smiling as he goes by.

If I don't move out the way he hits me with his van. Idk if he was trying to scare me or something.

smh that's fucked up man, sorry that happened.

BigAT

Man, this new Rocket League ARG is lit. 🔥🔥🔥

WYTS Ravens http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-baltimore-ravens-1797932196

A couple of years ago I wrote you that the Ravens sucked because their kicker was named the team MVP. Guess what? The kicker was named the team MVP again last year.
we can play an entire season of games decided by three points or less and not a single one of those games will be even remotely exciting.
Joe Flacco makes me sincerely regret the fact the Ravens won the 2012 Super Bowl. He’s a case study on the hypothetical question of what if winning one championship meant you’d be rubbish for the rest of eternity.
News broke that Flacco could likely miss the first couple weeks of the regular season. I did a quick search to see who our backup QB was because I couldn’t remember. I saw that it is Ryan Mallet, who is essentially a non-punctual and somehow crappier version of Joe Flacco. Good Times!
The Ravens have spent the latter part of the off-season deciding whether our fan base can handle Colin Kapernick as QB. This is a fan base that gave Ray Rice a standing ovation after he punched out his girlfriend in a Vegas elevator.

get well soon joe :'[ #NotReadyForMallet

Chris turned on the Lakers, the Cleve sinking harder and faster post-championship than it was pre-, and football gonna straight up not happen outside of soccer one of these years

all the heroes are falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom