• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

LJ11

It's starting to spread to the NFL. It's called the Big Nickel defense and it was originally used in the 90s by Fritz Shurmur with the Packers, and started coming back into the NFL in 2013-2014

Man, Perry Fewell used it a bunch too in the mid aughts, definitely with the Bills (George Wilson was his guy in their Big Nickel) and then with the G-Men. Just seeing it more and more now, teams drafting for it too. Hell the Giants drop Collins down as an LB on 3rd and long frequently, his old Star role at Bama.

Nafai1123

Banned
If I was a betting man, I'd take the under on tonight's game. No way they're combining for 40pts.

Prediction: 13-6 Rams over Niners.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Northeast has Boston. Argument invalid.

Ignore the typical east coast biased folk.

v0tN5UE.jpg

To add to my above post, CFB teams have used a third safety often over the last decade to combat spread passing teams. TCU is a prime example, that team has been basing out of Nickel for a decade, they use a 3rd safety and sit in 4-2-5 all game, reason they've been a tough D for years.
I'm all about that old 3-3-5 defense RichRod used to run at West Virginia. Put three 320lb+ dudes on the line, 3 athletic linebackers around 240lbs, and two hybrid safety-linebacker like Troy Polamalu along with your 2CB/FS. Against pro-formation personnel you'd just drop one safety closer to the box and for 3+ WR you'd let them shift to coverage.

Way too cute for pros, but it was really badass in the NCAAF games. XD

Striker

Man, Perry Fewell used it a bunch too in the mid aughts, definitely with the Bills (George Wilson was his guy in their Big Nickel) and then with the G-Men. Just seeing it more and more now, teams drafting for it too. Hell the Giants drop Collins down as an LB on 3rd and long frequently, his old Star role at Bama.
Perry used it with NYG too. In the SB season he dumped Deon Grant in the box and he had some success with it.

Go teams.

RBH

DKRsovuWsAEzNgB

Thursday night's Rams-49ers game may be the toughest sell in the history of Levi's Stadium.

As of Wednesday, resale tickets were being offered on StubHub for as low as $14 to see the team host the Los Angeles Rams at 7 p.m. That price is just cheaper than buying a pair of $7.50 pretzels through the Levi's Stadium app and comparable to the price of a beer and a hot dog at the the three-year-old arena.

According to the team's seat licensing map, the cheapest original face value for any seat is $85.
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/amp/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php

TraBuch

Banned
I dunno what the Niners can do at QB. You can't put Beathard in already, can you? Obviously they won't sign Kaepernick. Are they just stuck with Hoyer?

Top Bottom