• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

BigAT

Another team Kaep could start for

Scott Kacsmar ✔ @FO_ScottKacsmar
Giants: first team to go 8 games without scoring 20 points since the '14 Cardinals started Drew Stanton/Ryan Lindley

And the game before that streak was against the Cleve and involved a defensive TD.

Dishwalla

Banned
I hope they move it back to OAK. Taking away the Patriots game from Bay Area fans is complete bullshit. No amateur Lasik for Brady either.

It's a Raiders home game, they kind of have to. Otherwise it would give the Pats an extra home game, wouldn't be fair to the Raiders or the whole entire AFC East.

Rvaan

Banned
Teams where Kaep would be an obvious upgrade over the current starter;

Jets
Dolphins
Browns
Bengals
Texans
Jags
Indy (Until Luck returns)
Giants
Bears
Vikings (Until Bradford is cleared)
Cards
49ers

He's also not decidedly worse (not necessarily better either) than Flacco and Tyrod. He would be guaranteed the first backup on every team except the Pats and maybe the Packers depending on how good Hundley actually is. He makes TOO much sense as the Seahawks, Panthers, or Bills backup since those are all mobile QBs that Kaep can at least emulate and keep most of the offense in tact.

There's no way anybody can be genuine about Kaep not being "good enough" to play in the league. If you don't think he's that good that's fine, but you can't deny he's better than guys like McCown or Hoyer, and he's definitely better than older guys that can't go anymore like Palmer and Eli.

Jets and Browns are out because they not trying to really compete. Fins get a pass because Gase knows how to kinda reign in Cutler. Giants are stuck with Eli till he goes down to injury or retires, so they are out. Indy won't sign him because doing that admits to fucking up. The Cards might blow everything up after this year so there would be no point in signing Kaep. Bears are 2 years away from being 2 years away, so count them out. 49ers are waiting to see what goes on with Cousins before committing to anything and have a roster that is not at an NFL level. The Vikings are weird because they have Bradford; who is often injury, and Teddy, who is coming back from a traumatic injury. I'll excuse them for not want to make the QB situation any more chaotic. That leaves teams with no excuses:

Bengals
Jag
Texans

Bengals: With Kaep instead of Dalton they are at worst 1-1. They would have murdered my Texans. I guarantee they have an offensive TD.
Jags: Would be in play to win the division. Kaep with those weapons, that running game, and that DEF would be filthy.
Texans: Was never in play for many reasons chief among them being the owner gave 500k to Trump. For basketball reasons I mean football reasons we just drafted Watson in the first round and the staff really believed in Savage. Like REALLY believed in him. He would have started 2 years ago if he hadn't gotten hurt.

corin7

Neo Member
Bengals: With Kaep instead of Dalton they are at worst 1-1. They would have murdered my Texans. I guarantee they have an offensive TD.

If when they pull the plug on Dalton, A.J. McCarron will get a shot at starting. Dude can play.

MechDX

John P. Lopez ✔ @LopezOnSports
With Jaelen Strong's release, 14 of the 18 Rick Smith 2nd-4th round picks between 2011-2015 no longer are with the club. Stunning ineptitude
10:18 AM - Sep 19, 2017

Good to be the godfather of the owners grandchild eh?

Jeff-DSA

It's a Raiders home game, they kind of have to. Otherwise it would give the Pats an extra home game, wouldn't be fair to the Raiders or the whole entire AFC East.

Miami already lost their bye week and has a "home" game in England. I don't get why games away are home games for either team.

corin7

Neo Member
McCarron's started like three games and people are already trying to hand him jobs.

All I am saying is he looked good enough in those 3 starts that other teams come sniffing every year. My guess is he has earned a chance, before bringing a new QB in.

DKHpnL_X0AcvScB.jpg:large

football is dead

effzee

This entire argument seems predicated on the idea that Kaep is too expensive, when we don't even know how how much he wants. If he wants to play, you really think he's gonna balk at 3 mil/year?

Yeah I see this a lot. Guys who know him and talked to him say it's all made up BS pushed by teams who don't want him and fans eat it up.

BTW garbage ass shit QBs like Foles and Chase Daniels are making almost starter level money. Also keep getting shots for no reason.

There is context there though. I mean clearly the 49ers were done with him and Hoyer was just a cheaper stop gap. That's the case with a lot of these QBs. Like people keep bringing up how much better Kaep is than Fitzpatrick, but Fitz only commanded 3 million dollars, and a journeyman backup like him makes far more sense behind Winston than 29 year old Kaep who is still in the "prime" of his career.

Also Kaep is bad just by watching him. I know PFF is a tossup, but they argue just how bad he really is and it's pretty scathing when you look at some of their metrics. Also that famous gif of him missing the uncovered torrey smith is horrendous. A QB at 29 should see that a mile away.

This is absolutely moronic. He missed a wide open WR so he shouldn't get a job. No one else misses wide open WRs ever!

He might want too much money we don't know if he does but maybe he does so let's sign a QB who if we have to play we know our season is over.

Kaep is bad by watching but all these other guys look good to you?

Fox318

worst part about jets vs fish is you know there will be plenty of fish fans at the stadium.

a fucking sea of marino jerseys and jets fans with bags on their heads.

Meanwhile Bowles will find an excuse to punt on 2nd down because he believes in his defense.

worst part about jets vs fish is you know there will be plenty of fish fans at the stadium.

a fucking sea of marino jerseys and jets fans with bags on their heads.

Meanwhile Bowles will find an excuse to punt on 2nd down because he believes in his defense.

The NYC Dolphins group has 1,000 tickets sold just in their area, they do more for ticket sales than the actual team :p

Fox318

The NYC Dolphins group has 1,000 tickets sold just in their area, they do more for ticket sales than the actual team :p

it happens every fucking year.

They buy out whole fucking sections then they outscream the jets fans because they are fucking hammered because what else is there to do.

I've been to 4 jets games and I've never seen a Jets QB throw a TD.

Only action I ever saw at the game was a drunk eagles fan (who showed up to a game the eagles weren't playing) got punched in the face by a "LA Rams fan"

Top Bottom