• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

Pepiope

Baseball can be exciting, it's just rare to me.

The world series last year was the first time I was engaged in the sport, for example.

Maybe it's because the only baseball team I see most of the time is the pirates...
The Indians and Yankees had an incredible game last night go 13 innings. You should watch more.

Another reason baseball gets a bad rep I think is the length

162 games, not counting playoffs, is a lot compared to the average football fan who only has to focus on 16 games a year

Bread

Banned
Basketball is the best sport to watch because basketball is the best sport in general

Doesn’t matter if the warriors are way better, the entire season is great.

Tall4Life

Another reason baseball gets a bad rep I think is the length

162 games, not counting playoffs, is a lot compared to the average football fan who only has to focus on 16 games a year

Except that because of it, during the season, you can almost always tune in to see your home team every day if you need something to do

MechDX

DLi92EVXUAIV6HU.jpg:large

Is there anything this kid cant do?

Drakeon

Except that because of it, during the season, you can almost always tune in to see your home team every day if you need something to do
Gotta agree with Tom here, the length of baseball is not a positive, there's no stakes to an individual game, who cares if you win or lose when it's 1 game of 162. Obviously it's not the same in the playoffs.

Tall4Life

Gotta agree with Tom here, the length of baseball is not a positive, there's no stakes to an individual game, who cares if you win or lose when it's 1 game of 162. Obviously it's not the same in the playoffs.

A game in March may not seem to matter, but when it's September and the Wild Card spot is between like, 9 teams in one league, and the second best team in a division is a few games behind the other (AL Wild Card and Red Sox/Yanks), those individual games really fuckin matter. A game in March is just as important as one in September.

It's also just fun to see how your team plays and how they're working together.

Pepiope

Basketball is the best sport to watch because basketball is the best sport in general

Doesn’t matter if the warriors are way better, the entire season is great.
Each season you can basically guarantee what teams will play in the finals. Can't do that in anywhere else.

Look at the patriots this season. Everyone had them destroying the NFL and they're shit.

Tall4Life

Each season you can basically guarantee what teams will play in the finals. Can't do that in anywhere else.

Look at the patriots this season. Everyone had them destroying the NFL and they're shit.

>implying 3-2 is shit

that's a great record, the best record

lmfao

No league has it worse than basketball tbh

Finals winners, 2017 to 1999:
Warriors
Cavs
Warriors
Spurs
Heat
Heat
Mavericks
Lakers
Lakers
Celtics
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Spurs

Tall4Life

Like 2 years ago, the Mets were in the World Series. Now they're an absolute garbage team. The Twins went from losing 100 games last season to almost making the playoffs this year through the wild card. Baseball has parity only really rivaled by hockey.

MechDX

Really excited for Sunday night. Cant remember the last time I was truly excited for a Texans on primetime game. Usually there is an underlying feeling of dread they will shit the bed as usual

No league has it worse than basketball tbh

Finals winners, 2017 to 1999:
Warriors
Cavs
Warriors
Spurs
Heat
Heat
Mavericks
Lakers
Lakers
Celtics
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Spurs

If you want to go beyond winners

NBA Finals appearances, 1999-2017:
Spurs 6
Lakers 7
Mavericks 2
Warriors 3
Thunder 1
Knicks 1
Pacers 1
76ers 1
Magic 1
Nets 2
Pistons 2
Heat 5
Celtics 2
Cavs 4

14 teams. The last 3 Finals being the same matchup

Super Bowl appearances, 1999-2017:
Broncos 3
Falcons 2
Rams 2
Titans 1
Ravens 2
Giants 3
Patriots 7
Buccaneers 1
Raiders 1
Panthers 2
Eagles 1
Steelers 3
Seahawks 3
Colts 2
Bears 1
Cardinals 1
Saints 1
Packers 1
49ers 1

19 teams. One repeat SB matchup in that same timespan, 4 years apart

Gobias

Banned
Raw is a pretty good movie and it just got added to Netflix. You should watch it instead of something boring like baseball.

Beach

Soccer is the best sport tbh
Soccer played at it's highest level is absolutely the best sport. Nothing in basketball touches that.

Even more so at an international level. I'd rather watch a Chile vs Argentina World Cup Qualifier then a finals game easy

On that vote let's pray for our friend Dutch this international break weekend

Soccer played at it's highest level is absolutely the best sport. Nothing in basketball touches that.

Even more so at an international level. I'd rather watch a Chile vs Argentina World Cup Qualifier then a finals game easy

Yeah I'll watch international soccer and I'm not huge on soccer but those are some great matches.

"Baseball isn't boring" - Tall

Man-who-was-shown-on-ESPN-sleeping-during-baseball-game-files-defamation-suit.jpg

ed126c9aee89fd7edc59bfbb5edab5c0.jpg

RoyalSleep.0.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

USATSI_7297573_168383436_lowres-1.jpg

XAxaV.gif

Fox318

I honestly don't understand how people could think baseball is boring.

It's such a fucking exciting sport. More drama in it than any other sport.

foppy79

I’ve always been, little flerpy

I honestly don't understand how people could think baseball is boring.

It's such a fucking exciting sport. More drama in it than any other sport.
I think Tom hit it for me when he mentioned the season length. It's just too much to keep me engaged. If a team wins or loses, there is just so many variables that it could be meaningless. Even compared to the 82 games in basketball, A loss means something. Sure, it could add up in the end, but there's no way of knowing until the middle of September. I'll watch the postseason and probably have fun doing it, but you'll never get me into baseball full time. It's too much waiting despite things happening.

Top Bottom