• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

Mindlog

Soccer is very dependent on the matchup. Same with college sports.

Best sport in person is:
1) Hockey - Great atmosphere, comfortable and a fast action packed game.
2) Baseball - Basically a pub. Sit, drink and bullshit for a few hours.
3) Football - Tailgate, tailgate, tailgate. The game is probably going to be boring as fuck so start walking to the stadium when the jets or whatever do their flyover thing for the national anthem. My mood at the game will be decided entirely on how good the pre-game was.

Sanjuro

I think basketball had a good level of highs and lows in person. The end of the game can ramp up if it's an important game.

Hockey also has the best piss/snack break.

jbug617

Banned
Belichick went apple picking
DLkITlfX4AAWXXo.jpg:small

Each pro sport has it's positives and negatives:

Baseball:
Pros: High drama playoffs, usually exciting trade deadline, parity
Cons: Horrifically long regular season, nobody cares about the draft, the game can be dull and too long.

Basketball:
Pros: Fast/high-flying action, exciting draft, trade deadline, and free agency
Cons: Severe lack of parity, season is too long (nobody but the hardest of the hardcore cares until Christmas), the league is so top heavy the first two rounds of the playoffs usually suck.

Hockey:
Pros: The best playoffs, sometimes exciting trade deadline, usually exciting free agency.
Cons: Season is too long, it's much better in person, draft is kinda meh

Football:
Pros: Much better on TV, every game is important, exciting draft, exciting free agency, outside of the AFC East a good amount of parity
Cons: Easily the worst trade deadline, they are hurting the product with Thursday Night Fuckball

All the leagues have varying degrees of bad all-star games

Jarnet87

Bucs lost, Seminoles lost. Manchester United didn't play thankfully. Times likes these are when it would be better not to watch sports.

Top Bottom