• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

Patriots should wait one more week before they figure their shit out and go on a Super Bowl run.

Just give us this one.

They better figure out their problems on defense if they want to make the playoffs. They are one bad play away from being 1-3, and are facing some good teams down the road.

Theyll go 11-5, and still somehow get first seed.

The biggest frauds currently leading their division right now..
Jags
Bills
Rams
Lions
Eagles

The other 3 division leaders are Legit
Chiefs
Falcons
Steelers

Hindl

I wish one week the D would play up and jam the Wr and see if the DL could get there fast enough. If they were ever going to do that this would be the week. Palmer gets rattled so easily now. Fitz is the one thing that scares me this week but I just don't see the Eagles losing to just him. Double him all game and dare Palmer to make plays to someone else.

Thank you, man I have tried so hard to wipe the memory of that game from my mind. What a nightmare that was.
I'd like that too but our current corners are too slow. If any receiver can fight off the jam then they're basically open to streak downfield with no chances of the corners catching up. So if they play press and the DL doesn't get home, it's a guaranteed long completion as long as the QB can be somewhat accurate. Once Darby (and maybe Jones) comes back, I think we'll see a lot more press since they can make up the lost ground. For now, they'll play conservatively with their players. And it's working, until Rivers abused Rasul last game, the Eagles were allowing big plays at one of the lowest rates around the league

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Happy National Taco Day! 🌮

Only $5! Today only!

DLO0HwAU8AAVH2D.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
They have the tie breaker over Houston. Technically they do

its a three way tie because the teams are all 2 and 2 and titans beat the jags and houston beat the flaming thumbtacks, it goes to other tie breakers, not that it matters at this point.

Bandini

I have no faith in the Bucs offense hanging drive for drive with Tom Baby. Pates 48, Bucs 14. I just pray that the Patriots abuse Chris Conte so bad that he is cut Friday morning.

But...but... Doug Martin!

I benched Brady for Winston in both my leagues this week. I'm probably insane.

McApoo talking about making the Giants defense simple lol, you an offensive dude with a shitty offense and you talking about defense...

squicken

The biggest frauds currently leading their division right now..
Jags
Bills
Rams
Lions
Eagles

The other 3 division leaders are Legit
Chiefs
Falcons
Steelers

I could see the Bills making the playoffs. It's hard to find obvious AFC WC contenders outside KC/Denver

this_guy

Texans fans have been wanting just a slightly below average QB for a while now (not a bottom 30 QB like we've had the past few years). An average offense with this defense has potential to go places. Baeshaun looks like the real deal and not just a slightly below average QB.

LJ11

I could see the Bills making the playoffs. It's hard to find obvious AFC WC contenders outside KC/Denver
Bills depth can be an issue, they have to get lucky with injuries. Matthews out a month already.

Can't claim they're frauds because they handled themselves pretty well, couple of bounces did go their way, but they dropped the game to the Panthers in the last seconds of the game, shit balances out.

Rex was so bad with the D, O was top 10 DVOA, all they needed was an average D. If they can get avg production on O with the D holding up they have a shot.

Still early, I'm just glad that McD seems like a good one.

captive

Texans fans have been wanting just a slightly below average QB for a while now (not a bottom 30 QB like we've had the past few years). An average offense with this defense has potential to go places. Baeshaun looks like the real deal and not just a slightly below average QB.

Texans Offense and Special teams not ranked in bottom five. Watch out rest of league! watch out.

Jarnet87

Cool guy McVay has breathed life into the Rams and turned the Gurley Man into a fantasy Monstar. Long may he reign in Los Angeles.

MechDX

Look. All i know is Texans fans finally have hope. First prime time game this Sunday I dont have an overbearing feeling that the Texans will just shit the bed as usual on prime time.

Bread

Banned
Mech no one is saying that Texans fans don’t deserve hope and happiness

They’re just saying you don’t deserve hope and happiness

this_guy

Mech ignore the haters and go get some Palais Royale swag. In fact go in and out to purchase more than the 1 item limit.

Mech has a quarterback

Let's see, the Schaub era ended 2013 sooooooo

Fitzpatrick
Mallett
Keenum
Hoyer
Yates
Weeden
Osweiler
Savage
Watson

Yall really stretch the definition of the word "a" QB or the concept of "hope" to have

If this one gets hurt before playoffs, it won't even be the first hope QB sitting a playoff game they've had this period (Osweiler replacing Savage). Won't even be the second one (Yates)!

Rvaan

Banned

Fitzpatrick
Mallett
Keenum
Hoyer
Yates
Weeden
Osweiler
Savage
Watson

Yall really stretch the definition of the word "a" QB or the concept of "hope" to have

If this one gets hurt before playoffs, it won't even be the first hope QB sitting a playoff game they've had this period (Osweiler replacing Savage). Won't even be the second one (Yates)!
Yates might be the 2nd best QB in franchise history.

Also LET US HAVE HOPE! No fan base has suffered like us! NONE!
/s

captive

Fitzpatrick
Mallett
Keenum
Hoyer
Yates
Weeden
Osweiler
Savage
Watson

the difference of course, being that none of those guys ever completed 70% percent of passes in a game. Only Fitz threw for more than 4 TDs in one game. None of those other guys gave hope like Watson does. All of those other guys you could tell after 2 or 3 games weren't very good. A good chunk of them only played because of injuries so they were not permanent solutions anyway.

Of course Watson could get hurt. Rodgers could get hurt, Brady could get hurt, if any team with a good QB gets hurt that team is screwed. Thats the way the league is. Look at the Raiders last year, had to play on the road against a team they beat because they were the wild card and had to play a third string qb. With Carr they probably win that game. I heard Carr could be out 2 to 6 weeks now? If he's out 6, their season is done.

All of those other guys you could tell after 2 or 3 games weren't very good.

Mech stanned Savage for literal years and was on the Osweiler train for at least half his season. Not even getting into the Hoyer hype TexansGAF did here for the longest time.

Spare me with the "This Time's Different" stuff, CleveGAF is the only place where the cycle has been anywhere near comparable in volume/years

captive

Mech stanned Savage for literal years and was on the Osweiler train for at least half his season. Not even getting into the Hoyer hype TexansGAF did here for the longest time.

Spare me with the "This Time's Different" stuff, CleveGAF is the only place where the cycle has been anywhere near comparable in volume/years

you're assuming mech knows what the fuck he's talking about, thats problem #1

besides the fact that half of mech's "trains" or "stans" are like extreme ridiculous hyperbole. I think its how he copes. problem #2.

if you can honestly watch all three of Watson's starts and tell me he's not immediately better than any one else to start for the Texans in the last 4 years, i don't know what to tell you, perhaps your Flacco fandom has tainted you.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jerry Rice crashes a wedding every weekend:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/...-wedding-crasher-san-francisco-49ers-bay-area

If you’re wondering if Rice does this every Saturday and Sunday, he does not. “Sometimes there are weddings on Friday, too,” he said. He estimates that he crashes at least one wedding per weekend.

“I’ve had some brides that start crying,” Rice said. “I tell them, ‘You’re not supposed to be crying for me. Your groom is a different story.’”

Restani said that the wedding planner at their venue has an album full of photos of Rice at various wedding parties. (The venue declined to comment.)

Rice doesn’t know the first time he crashed a wedding, but it started sometime after he retired from the NFL in 2006. “I’ve done it so many times,” he said.

There are two reasons it happens. The first is that he finishes a round of golf at a club or resort where people tend to have weddings. If there’s one happening, as was the case with Restani and Johnson, he’ll always swing by. The second is that he’s on the road for business, and as he did with Larkin and Matt, he happens upon a wedding and decides to see what’s going on.

Rice says he typically doesn’t want to stay long because he doesn’t want to be the focus of the day—but again, he is Jerry Rice, so sometimes someone from the wedding party grabs him and there’s not much of a chance of escape. Or there’s good music.

“If the music is going, I love music. I don’t mind getting out there, dancing, having a good time,” Rice said. “Because I did Dancing with the Stars, people in the weddings want to dance with me because they think I’m some sort of professional dancer.”

if you can honestly watch all three of Watson's starts and tell me he's not immediately better than any one else to start for the Texans in the last 4 years

I did. Last game was great. That was it.

If you don't want to believe me, that's fine. Here's experts https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-4-quick-reads

FO said:
Watson took over from that point, and if anything played even worse than Savage in the second half. He was hardly any better in Week 2, though he did have a 49-yard touchdown run that was the difference in a 13-9 win over Cincinnati. In Week 3, Watson and the Texans nearly upset the Patriots in New England, but he did throw a bad interception in a game Houston lost by only three points.

After that game, it would have been perfectly fair to call Watson one of the NFL's worst quarterbacks through three weeks of the season. Of the 28 quarterbacks with at least 75 passes by then, he was 20th or worse in passing DVOA and DYAR, as well as completion percentage, yards per pass, and NFL passer rating.

So no, Watson does not look like he'll finish as the best rookie of all time, or be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL in 2017. He could, however be the best quarterback in the AFC South.

Top Bottom