• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
People getting chippy in here again? Someone mentioned the other day folks are starting to get out of line more often.

also lol @ "your Flacco fandom". Posts I've made about Joe in the last week:

Saying he got carried to a ring
Teams and fans waiting their whole lives for the one QB that's going to fix everything

Meanwhile Flacco and Dilfer got carried to rings, and I'm set for life because of it
NH9gE7v.gif

Saying he deserved blame for Cameron getting fired and the team immediately looking worse for it in the immediate aftermath
Which he made it to following what remains one of his worst regular seasons ever, including a game where the OC got fired the week before and he looked even worse than he did when Cameron was blamed for it

Calling him bad outright, just not Ryan Mallett bad
You don't need to be "just a few pieces away" to know that shit could be, and more often than not will be, a whole lot worse in that position

Current Flacco's bad too. I'm damn sure not asking for Mallett to start though, nor will I act like it's an upgrade if he does

Calling him old and implying he can't still go
Yep, he had a back injury

As any old in NFLGAF will tell you, those don't just go away by deciding to sit down for a week and then going back to work getting hit by 200+ pounders regularly

Thinking his time is numbered
The last Ravens starting o-lineman left is now added to the lengthy list of Players Hurt

Flacco won't last the whole season without aggravating that back injury. He was already getting sacked every drive

And right now, where I'll add to it on the record by saying if the team misses playoffs again this season (because of injuries or not, because we've already used up that excuse last year), I'd be stunned to not see him or Harbaugh on the chopping block, and it's honestly for the best either way. A change has to be made and it's clearly no longer just the OC that's the issue.

Bread

Banned
People getting chippy in here again? Someone mentioned the other day folks are starting to get out of line more often.
No no someone mentioned the other day that people are trying to get Line out of here more often, I understand the confusion though.

tmdorsey

I don't mind Mech having happiness and being able to enjoy football. Falcons-Texans in Superbowl 52 sounds alright to me!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Are you serious? That is crazy to me. I think it has been super tame lately.

Well, whenever someone here gets banned (usually due to stuff outside the thread) I often get a PM asking why certain behavior is being allowed in the thread if so-and-so got nabbed for something.

Plus it's hard to tell out of context with you guys at times, I can only really drop in on game days lately. I post a link to an article and Mech's cursing everyone out, like what the hell am I missing. ;_;

Beach

Any Bills fans care to tell me what I can expect out of EJ this week?

Except 300 Yards Passing and 3 TDs

gutshot

Well, whenever someone here gets banned (usually due to stuff outside the thread) I often get a PM asking why certain behavior is being allowed in the thread if so-and-so got nabbed for something.

Plus it's hard to tell out of context with you guys at times, I can only really drop in on game days lately. I post a link to an article and Mech's cursing everyone out, like what the hell am I missing. ;_;

Basically Bread starts trolling and everyone else takes him way too seriously and it just spirals out of control from there. Wash, rinse, repeat.

this_guy

People in this thread love Mech's cursing.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I did. Last game was great. That was it.

If you don't want to believe me, that's fine. Here's experts https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-4-quick-reads

notice i said his three starts, not all of his plays.

Against Jacksonville when he came in, or shortly thereafter he had Hopkins, who was dropping passes left and right, he had Fedorwicz out on concussion, griffen out on concussion, anderson out on concussion, Bruce ellington out on concussion, will fuller out with clavical. All of these carried over to the next game.

Where i'll completely disagree with FO is his game with the pats. I've seen some bad QB play from the Texans and from other teams, watching that game alone you can't tell me he's easily top 20 if not top 15 QB from that one game alone.

Of course he's going to make rookie mistakes, he's a fucking rookie playing the most difficult position in sport. The question is will he learn from his mistakes or not? If he doesnt then he doesnt and he'll be off the team in a few years and we're back to square one, again.

also its laughable they dont think he's better than savage, his decision making is clearly faster than Savage, someone who hasn't thrown a TD pass in 4 years in the NFL.

and one more thing, by FO own admission their DVOA confidence isn't even at 100% until after week 4 has been tabulated. So what good is saying he's 20th or whatever after week 2 or three mean? Fucking nothing.

MechDX

BagOfDicks.jpg

I was offering everyone some sustenance and trying to be friendly

Goddammit Cam. You raised your fist after the TD against the gatas. You were the hero we needed during these times! Couldn't even go a week without fucking it up. smh

I don't why Mech is mad. He keeps bring up the 57 to me whenever I'm around. 😔

We'll get our revenge😠

I don't mind Mech having happiness and being able to enjoy football. Falcons-Texans in Superbowl 52 sounds alright to me!

I mind Mech being happy. I hate the joy he feels because his team has a quarterback. As a Bears fan, my pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

Top Bottom