• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

foppy79

I mind Mech being happy. I hate the joy he feels because his team has a quarterback. As a Bears fan, my pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

image.php

I mind Mech being happy. I hate the joy he feels because his team has a quarterback. As a Bears fan, my pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

You can have cutler back...I'll even drive him to Chicago.

Free of charge.

JABEE

Mech deserves to be happy. I don’t know why anyone would take that away from Mech. Bead, maybe, but not Mech!

You can have cutler back...I'll even drive him to Chicago.

Free of charge.

Jay should be in Miami. It's where he belongs now.

It's great Brian Hoyer is in San Francisco and Josh McCown is with the Jets.

While we're at it, someone should give Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley and Caleb Hanie one more shot. They could be legitimate starters.

Charlotte Observer expanded on the rest of the comments

After the news conference, Rodrigue wanted to find Newton and talk about what he said. She did catch up with him briefly. The conversation, according to Rodrigue, was not taped but went something like this:

She asked the quarterback if he really didn’t think a female could understand routes.

Newton said she wasn’t really seeing specific routes when watching the game, she was just seeing if somebody was open. She argued that he didn’t know what she saw nor how hard she had studied football, and that maybe the two of them needed to have a deeper conversation.

Newton said that maybe he should have said it was funny to hear “reporters” talk about routes and that, if she actually did know about them, then she knew more than most reporters. Then he gestured toward the locker room, still filled with her colleagues.

Rodrigue ended by asking Newton – whom she had introduced herself to on the first day of her employment with The Observer in October 2016 – if he knew her name after she had covered the team almost every day for the past year.

Newton said he did not.

“Jourdan Rodrigue, Charlotte Observer,” she said, and then walked away.

squicken

Eh the follow up wasn't additionally sexist, just dismissive of all reporters. His initial comments are still a problem and not apologizing made it worse

gutshot

Apparently Terrelle Pryor flipped off some KC fans and was getting some heat for it. He just posted the reason for flipping the bird and, well, Trump would be proud of these fans.

DLVpYh7XcAACjtu

Top Bottom