• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

How can he throw a pick 6 in the game and have a higher QBR than Rodgers, who threw no picks at all?

QBR is fucking dumb

Wow what a catch! Although Alex is # 1 in my heart, I do love Watson and he was the only QB I would've liked the niners to draft at #2 in this draft. Check my post history!!!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
NRG's field is trash.
For gods sake it's just AstroTurf now. It used to be ridiculous grass pallets that had potholes everywhere. So I don't know man. Just end the game for everyone's sake.

The correct answer to why does quarterback A have a higher QBR than quarterback B is... Nobody knows.
It's a (weirdly overcomplicated) measure of offensive success. With running plays that don't involve the QB factored out, because it would conflict with the name.

It's not a viable measure of individual QB performance, it's a team stat.

Of course, that is not how ESPN uses it.

yrba1

Everytime I see the chiefs I can’t shake the feeling they will end the season 15-1 or 14-2 and completely fall apart in the first playoff game, a lot like the 2012 Packers.

It's Andy Reid, he's good early in the season but has a track record of losing in the playoffs. Could be wrong about this year though; he has a plethora of playmakers

Seems about right.

The Chiefs under Reid are generally extremely competent in all phases from week to week, which lets them stack up wins in a league with a lot of uneven, sloppy play. But that isn't quite enough in the postseason.

I don't think they're a clear step above the entire league, but I do think that the difference this year is their offense is finally converting on third downs and in the red zone. I don't think that success is all smoke and mirrors, but I wonder how long it will last.

I’d say this Chiefs team is definitely different than most Reid teams. It’s more explosive. They have those big play moments where they’re going to be able to win some games despite playing worse than the other team because they got 2-3 crazy plays. Last year’s Chiefs team definitely didn’t have that kind of ability. Unlike most “explosive” style teams though, they’ll win traditional games just as often too. They could see Hill and Hunt get totally blanked for a game and still be in the game.

I agree with them not being an obvious step above though, the season’s too early to know who’s going to catch fire and look great later on when it really matters. The Falcons were 4-3 and 7-5 at different points last year. Green Bay was 4-6. Those wound up being the teams in the nfc championship game. It’s too hard to tell right now.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Watson is still trying to win this game. I love him. I love him so much. This is what I've always wanted. He will never ever give up.

Top Bottom