• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

Guess the 4 QB leaders in interceptions!

The entirety of the AFC North. Kizer with 9, Ben with 7, and Flacco and Dalton with 6 each. We Did It

FINS0808+CUTLER+CTJ%20(1)

cdyhybrid

Y'all ready for the "I've never watched football before but I'm watching for the Star Wars trailer" posts tonight?

These nerds are gonna have to sit through a half of one-legged Bradford and Mitchell Trubisky.

MechDX

At his peak, Lamarr Houston was only decent, and that was four years ago

Who else is out there? Not much

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

Cant really trade for anyone since pass rushers have a high demand and low supply

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 28s29 seconds ago
More
#Texans DL JJ Watt underwent successful surgery today to repair his tibial plateau fracture, source said. No ligament damage. Long recovery.

Thats something. No ligament damage means it should likely be on the low end of the spectrum for severity

NFC East. Eagles are good, Cowboys are also good, Redskins are okay to good, and Giants are a total disaster. What other division has 3 potentially good teams?

Yeah the division is pretty much what we expected it to be, just with a different ordering. Frankly though, I kinda hate the Eagles being the hyped team to an extent, especially this early. Almost rather be the underdog

If the NFL wanted to stimulate trades make some sort of cap exception for traded players during the season

Don't most teams have cap space during the season? I always thought that the excuse for lack of trades was team are afraid of someone coming in and learning their system during the season.

He will, but Reese is gone and he will be right behind him.

I'm ready for Reese to get dumped at this point. I've been patient and understanding and to be fair his most recent drafts have been ok/solid but continue to ignore significant problems with the team.

I supported the McAdoo hire as well but his play calling and the use of personnel has been fucking criminal this season. He shouldn't be fired after two seasons. Not even close but he really needs to get his head out of his ass and hand off play calling duties to Sullivan.

MechDX

Don't most teams have cap space during the season? I always thought that the excuse for lack of trades was team are afraid of someone coming in and learning their system during the season.

Yeah they say that but if you are trading a star he is likely making a double digit cap hit. Contending teams dont have that much available. For instance Atlanta has 1.5 million space, KC has 4, Philly has 7
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

But if you make some sort of cap exception it would encourage struggling teams to move away from older, higher paid players who could still contribute to a contender

Draxal

I'm ready for Reese to get dumped at this point. I've been patient and understanding and to be fair his most recent drafts have been solid but continue to ignore significant problems with the team.

I supported the McAdoo hire as well but his play calling and the use of personnel has been fucking criminal this season. He shouldn't be fired after two seasons. Not even close but he really needs to get his head out of his ass and hand off play calling duties to Sullivan.

His recent drafts haven't been that solid to be honest. Yeah he hits on Landon Collins, but misses on Flowers and Odi Zuwa. Apple has been a massive disappointment this year, Thompson and Shepard are always hurt.

Barnwell's article was spot on.

McAdoo is going to lose the team, the fact that he wasn't there for Beckham when he got hurt, was a horrible reflection on him as Beckham is 100% the reason he got this job in the first place. Throwing Manning under the bus, Apple being upset, Jenkins leaving the field before the game is over, and then you realize this is going to get 100% worse.

cdyhybrid

Eli with three days in the offense is probably still better than Bortles :jnc

Ben definitely played like shit, and has been playing like shit the entirety of this season. But you're doing the team a disservice if you end the conversation there. There's no reason to run Bell 15 times against the worst run defense in the league, and to pass as much as we did against the best pass defense in the league (I know that stat is misleading). There's no reason that our offensive line and Bell could only muster up 3.1 yards a carry against the worst run defense in the league.

Ben definitely deserves most of the blame, and deservedly so. But our offensive line, TEs, Haley, etc. have been disgustingly sub par as well.

Those are all surely problems. Here's the thing though - the o-line didn't wonder aloud if they still had it anymore. Bell didn't ponder retirement in the offseason out of nowhere. Ben did both these things. He's talking (and playing) like a guy who can't be bothered anymore, and you can't win with someone who doesn't care.

The Steelers are gonna ride with him because they don't make knee jerk decisions, but Ben should have been honest with himself and not come back.

Frankly, I feel like Ben checked out after Heath Miller retired. He hasn't had the same drive since then.

MechDX

Source: former Dolphins and (briefly) Jaguars OT Branden Albert worked out for the Seahawks today. OL remains an area of focus for Seattle.

Hawks doin it!!

Just looked at the news for the first time today and saw about Jemele Hill.

Oh boy. Oh boy.
I just saw that this is what she got suspended for: "
Hill in a tweet said her followers should consider boycotting advertisers of of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones after Jones threatened to bench any player who kneels during the national anthem."

Ridiculous.

Top Bottom