• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Wait wouldn't that be an incomplete? Or his own recovery? It seems way too minuscule man.

no, he was a runner at that point. The ball was loose as he hit the pylon, he didn't have possession when it was back in the endzone on his body, so once the ball went out of bounds it's a touchback.

Sagroth

I couldn't care less about the Jets, but that is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst call I have ever seen from the Refs.

Colasante

The fumble into the endzone resulting in a touchback rule is terrible enough as it is, but that didn't even actually occur here. Mind boggling.

Duxxy3

I honestly don't know what to say on that Jet's call. To me it looked like a touchdown. From what others are saying, the call was by the rule. Seems like a weird rule to me.

overcast

no, he was a runner at that point. The ball was loose as he hit the pylon, he didn't have possession when it was back in the endzone on his body, so once the ball went out of bounds it's a touchback.
I feel like there wasn't enough evidence he lost it though. Especially for an overturn.

spyder_ur

It's a little bit of a silly technicality, but the call is probably correct. He lost control of the ball before the pylon and didn't technically regain possession in bounds. Weird play.

Either way, lucky as hell.

The auto review of scoring plays probably screwed the jets there. Even if they marked him down they would've had it at the 1 and not sure the pats would've thought to challenge on those grounds.

Top Bottom